StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

Love any and all Spyro games. Except for Skylanders, even though it really wasn't supposed to be classified as an official Spyro game.

I think Enter the Dragonfly was my first spyro game that I played. New Beginning as well as the rest of that series was my favorite. But the original ones like Ripto's Rage and all of those are always fun to play.

Eternal Night for PS2 was surprisingly the hardest for me to play. DotD is the easiest for me to complete. And DotD is probably my favorite. Eternal Night I admit is close second.

I loved to play Spyro : Year of the Dragon on my brothers ps1 when i was younger ^^ Oh good ol' times...<3

Silverstarslayer, I never have even once played a PS1 Spyro game, and I still know very little about them. I think I have expressed everything from my earlier posts, so I won't bother expressing them again.

For difficulty ratings on the LoS games:

A New Beginning: Pretty easy. I beat it in less than a week back in 2007, as I had to wait until 2006 Christmas to get it. That Christmas was the best Christmas ever. The quick duration of playing that game was pretty impressive for a 7-year-old, I think.

The Eternal Night: I had to wait until last year to get it, as I neglected to purchase it when I saw it at Toys 'R' Us back when it came out. I was just too exited to move! When I did get it I was very experienced with video games and blazed through the start, but spent about a WEEK trying to beat the Ravage Rider. Gaul (I call him Gaul-Bladder biggrin.gif ) was pretty hard too, I'm not sure if breaking the flaming green pots did anything, so I didn't bother to try. Great game!

Dawn Of The Dragon: SO AMAZING BUT SOOOOO HARD! I think it was either the new-ness and the quality of everything about the game that put me in the same state of Aphasia or that my little brother was a huge handicap to play Co-Op with, but that game took me 5 YEARS to beat! It was nearly impossible, the Siege Towers took most of that time, the Mountain of Malefor was hard to get to, and Malefor himself was really hard. The good stuff started to happen when my BFF Brian came over to visit Maine all the way from Ohio, we even made Malefor "Projectile Vomit" by accident. Malefor glitched out when he was doing his Fury Breath, and when we attacked him the particles wouldn't stop shooting out, doing no damage. So many laughs, and so much enlightenment at the end. Best. Game. Ever.

To be honest I think spyro has gone a little downhill.

The old stuff on ps1 was brilliant, fun casual gameplay perfect for my younger self and even on occasion now for nostalgias sake.

A clear set of goals in an achievement style (such as collecting eggs in year of the dragon I think it was called). Pretty much open world and the freedom to just run around and try gliding to all the secret areas.

The newer trilogy wasn't quite the spyro I grew up with, but still playable none the less, though I'd like to have seen a little more room for exploring and also the big emphasis on spyro being this one of a kind thing was a little uneccessary and didn't fit with the original games so much. However to those new to it, still a great game (though I wouldn't recommend the DS version).

Sky landers is overpriced and barely a spyro game.

Silverstarslayer, I never have even once played a PS1 Spyro game, and I still know very little about them. I think I have expressed everything from my earlier posts, so I won't bother expressing them again.

For difficulty ratings on the LoS games:

A New Beginning: Pretty easy. I beat it in less than a week back in 2007, as I had to wait until 2006 Christmas to get it. That Christmas was the best Christmas ever. The quick duration of playing that game was pretty impressive for a 7-year-old, I think.

The Eternal Night: I had to wait until last year to get it, as I neglected to purchase it when I saw it at Toys 'R' Us back when it came out. I was just too exited to move! When I did get it I was very experienced with video games and blazed through the start, but spent about a WEEK trying to beat the Ravage Rider. Gaul (I call him Gaul-Bladder  biggrin.gif  ) was pretty hard too, I'm not sure if breaking the flaming green pots did anything, so I didn't bother to try. Great game!

Dawn Of The Dragon: SO AMAZING BUT SOOOOO HARD! I think it was either the new-ness and the quality of everything about the game that put me in the same state of Aphasia or that my little brother was a huge handicap to play Co-Op with, but that game took me 5 YEARS to beat! It was nearly impossible, the Siege Towers took most of that time, the Mountain of Malefor was hard to get to, and Malefor himself was really hard. The good stuff started to happen when my BFF Brian came over to visit Maine all the way from Ohio, we even made Malefor "Projectile Vomit" by accident. Malefor glitched out when he was doing his Fury Breath, and when we attacked him the particles wouldn't stop shooting out, doing no damage. So many laughs, and so much enlightenment at the end. Best. Game. Ever.

I didn't play the older ones until recently, some of my friends encouraging me to do so. I have to admit I liked the older ones a lot as well.

I agree A New Beginning was quite easy and I could zoom through it in a day.

Eternal Night always proved a challenge, Gaul was always the hardest boss and I used to get so mad because I couldn't dodge fast enough. I have to admit thought the story line is my favorite of the three.

DotD was a challenge at first but now, I could destroy it in a day if I put my mind to it hehe. I never get to play co-op because all my friends prefer Halo and CoD than Spyro. SO I need to find someone else. But I agree, it was the best of the three.

I am kind of tempted to get that glitch you mentioned on Malefor, that actually sounds awesome to witness.

I played Legend series... on GBA/NDS.

I once began to play New Beginning on emulator (it was working fine with I-can't-remember-which-one revision of PCSX2). Awesome, IMO.

But, shame on me, I didn't play the rest of a Legend series that is not portable version. Or Classic.

spyro will always have a place in my heart. I used to want to go live in Dream Weavers homeworld when I was a kid.

I love Spyro the Dragon so much...I'm sorry, but they've totally ruined him. This is so true. I used to play Spyro with my sister all the time when we were little (kind of). She'd play around as Spyro, and hand me a remote and claim that I could control Sparx....Yeah, that never worked. x3

I love the Spyro series. I always have all the way back to the first Spyro game. Some of the games I didn’t like as much, but I really like the newest ones. The three “Legend of Spyro” are amazing! I love the game play and the different breath abilities. But I think one of the best things about the new games is the voices.

I've never played Spyro but I've always wanted to, I mean actually I have played demo of it at a children's dental waiting room. And I did not want to leave, I was already starting to love it, and I a game of my own but never did. For some reason to me it's like Croc 2, only with a dragon! xd.png

I've only played a few of the games

the first one on the playstation was awesome, but I would get motion sickness if I kept making spyro run everywhere laugh.gif

he's a cute dragon too smile.gif

i loved spyro and still do but now that they finshed the story i feel so sad but it was won of the most beautiful story related game i have ever played my favoite is spyo the new begining i loved it i played it ten times i made a poem for him smile.gif spyros path will soon end but he must attend the gates of his desire icyearth and electricfire yeah thats it smile.gif i really love him and his element's for the grafics were awesome i liked the boss fights and the enemys and his special moves i just have to say it again i love him he is awesome his storys made me cry sad.gif but over all a 100/100 smile.gif

Thanks to my cousin who played Spyro on his Play Station one console I started loving dragons in the first place. wub.gif My favourite games are Spyro: Year of the dragon and The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the dragon.

I completed both many times and sometimes I play them again for the sake of relaxing and having fun. Dawn of the dragon blew me off with the storyline and graphics, plus the soundtrack. Incredible. wub.gif