Elena

So, discuss Avatar. This place is open to lovers, haters, anybody, just don't be rude wink.gif

It's okay. The acting and such could have been done better, but I'm a fan of pretty, so eye candy is enough for me.

I loved it. Watched in 3 times in the theaters, twice in 3D Imax. I would have gone more often but I really couldn't afford it. laugh.gif My sister rented it from iTunes so I watched it this morning - and missed the 3D Imax version so badly. sad.gif

But mostly I love the world. Like someone said, I like the pretty so I tend to watch it for that mostly. biggrin.gif

Did anyone get the DVD? Are they getting the other ones? Or are they waiting? I want to get it but I would also want the extras, and I cannot afford to spend money on the same movie twice in DVD.

Got a question about the DVD 3D versions: do you need a special type of TV/DVD player? Or does just any old TV/DVD player work?

@Maladroit - you probably should get a 3D TV.

So, recently rewatched it. Story is cheezy sometimes. Acting withing the said story is pretty decent.

Just saw it for the first time on Blu-ray today. It was a great movie. The world of Pandora looks fantastic, and the concepts of some of the creatures/flora there is outstanding. The story was well written, and the acting was pretty good. 8/10.

Edited by Kanakha

Honestly, I'd prefer a documentary series on the native wildlife of Pandora.

I liked it fairly well. Cool technology+cool fantasy+epic world+awesome graphics = good combination. I don't really remember much about the acting, I was too busy watching the rest of the movie. Which I guess is a little weird.

Great movie, I can't wait until the sequel biggrin.gif

I want a giant red flappy thing!

Deleted scenes or sure. I believe I read Jame Cameron confirmed that one himself. Other than that, probably behind the scenes stuff, interviews, the animation process, and other such stuffs.

Edited by Elena

PANIC used one MAX REVIVE!

THREAD returned to LIFE!

*ahem* Anyway, Mr. Cameron is (or so I've heard) re-releasing Avatar in theaters in August with 8 additional minutes of footage. Why he couldn't just put that on the DVD (it's not on mine anyway) is beyond me.

I kinda liked it, even though it just seemed too Pocahontas-y for words.

I actually did get a little emotional when that tree was being burnt down, and I usually don't get that sucked into movies like that.

I liked ol' Commander Badass. Simply holding his breath to shoot down guys in the toxic planet? Awesome.

.....Isn't there another one coming out? 3 hours wasn't enough to get this story out of the way? And I can only imagine that the second one would be almost exactly the same...

My brother saw it in theaters for his birthday, I waited for it to come out on DVD and got it from Netflix.

It really wasn't all that great, so I don't expect much from the next one.

I enjoyed it. It was a good movie, not my favorite (but I'm one of those 'film afficionado people' who lives for stuff like Doubt). I thought Cameron's world was very well built, but the characters were a little shaky. The plot was the average cliche fest you can expect from James Cameron. Its major strength was the way it addressed the theme of colonialism and profiteering.

I liked it. I'll probably go see it again in August when the release with the extra 8 min of footage comes out.

Hey, I liked Pocahontas, so why shouldn't I like Avatar? lol

tongue.gif

And I think it's a bit silly that they are showing it in theaters again for only 8 minutes. But, hey, maybe I'll go see it again since I don't own it on DVD yet.

I watched it twice.

The first time was strange.

The second time was painful.

Everyone's saying it was incredible, but honestly, I was meehhhh about it.

The plot was extremely recycled (I think my history class loves to call it Dances With Smurfs). It's highly overrated and the only real good part about it was the visual effects. I'm really glad it didn't win best picture at the Academy Awards. The Hurt Locker deserved it so much more.