Rpuppyluvr0203

Feathered or Webbed?

Which do you prefer?  

488 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love both, but this site is SERIOUSLY in need of more feather-wings. xd.png

I mean, there are only TWO feathered breeds and one of those is only available at Christmas! sad.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I think webbed looks more dragony, feathers look like large birds sometimes hehehehe - to spiriters, that's just a general opinion.

I love both, but this site is SERIOUSLY in need of more feather-wings. xd.png

I mean, there are only TWO feathered breeds and one of those is only available at Christmas! sad.gif

You know, you're right. blink.gif

I seriously thought the canopies had feathered wings. I guess it was the rainbow colors and the female's position. But I guess I can see the ridges of webbed wings on the male now.

Weird.

Although, do the little feathered...thingies...on the Sweetlings' shoulders count? They are feathers, of that I'm certain. But, they're still Holiday-only dragons, like the Snowangels.

Edited by rayemoon

I think the Sunsongs have feathered webbed wings? Seems to have webbed at the tips but feathers at the "shoulders"

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by MollyElizbeth

Same about matching the breed and the rest of the concept

If you give me no other information, I'd go for feathered though :3

Edited by kadoatie

I tend to like webbed wings. It just makes the dragon look all the more ferocious, and I am no fan of cute or pretty things. And the Feathered wings look more flammable, so I doubt that they would be good in battles. Plus; BATS KICK BIRD'S BUTTS biggrin.gif

I prefer webbed on some and feathers on others.

It really depends on the dragon, for me at least. (The stone dragons would look rather silly with feathers.)

I think the Sunsongs have feathered webbed wings? Seems to have webbed at the tips but feathers at the "shoulders"

user posted image

user posted image

I think those are large scales, or else swirl patterns.

I don't think they have half-feathered, half-webbed wings, but that's just me.

Webbed 110%. To me feathered wing look weird on dragons of any sort. I'd rather no wings, like a traditional Chinese dragon the to have feathered wings.

I think the feathered sprites are pretty, but in terms of looking more like a dragon I think webbed gets my pick. Although the feathered wings go well on the white dragon sprite, I think all dragons are kind of 'suited' to their own type of wings. Webbed go very well with the black dragons, feathered go well with the white.

Hrm... Since some people want a "both" option, could someone help me change the poll? I really don't know how..... blink.gif

I like webbed wings, because they seem more 'reptilian' to me.. even though logically I know that birds are closely related to reptiles, and a feather is really just a big heavily modified scale, but still.. I like webbed wings more. Despite loving the white and Christmas '09 sprites.

Edited by Wavelength

It really depends on the dragons... I guess? Feathers suit the whites very well because they represent peace somehow. And Snow Angels are snow angels. Whites have an angelic look as well.

Most dragons that aren't a symbol of peace are best suited by webbed wings.

I also like wingless dragons.happy.gif (Silvers and vines and waters, oh my!)

Webbed wings are better for the dragons, I love the white dragon with its feather wings, but that should be an exception.

I like them both. I have a slight preference for webbed wings overall, but one of my favorites dragons on DC is the white dragon, and they have feathers. So, eh. I think we need all types of wings here.

I like both types... but still, webbed looks more... dragonish to me xd.png. So I think that's my favourite!

I'm split evenly. It all depends on the dragon's personality and how/where it lives

B-b-b-but I like wingless dragons *hugs her Vines and Waters*. I suppose I prefer feathers over webbed, feathers be pretty.

Hrm...... could a Mod possibly change the poll for me? I would need to add two more answers. They would be (1) I prefer dragons without wings. and (2) I like both types of wings!

If a Mod could do this for me, (because I can't figure out how to do it myself) it would be REALLY appreciated!!!!!!! smile.gif

I voted webbed. I think they make a dragon look more fierce. Also, webbed is the way I always think of dragons!

But, I have to agree, could a Mod at least add a "both" option? I may of picked both instead of webbed if given the option.

I also voted webbed. That's how you usually how dragons are depicted in the literature that I've read.

Technically, a dragon with feathered wings is a couatl. I don't know if those are rightly considered dragons in this universe, or whether they're related.

I voted for webbed wings, though, probably because of my European heritage. In the European mind, Dragon = web-winged, fire-breathing, barbed-tailed, spikey Drake, like the handsome chap on Wales' flag. But this site also treats other dragon-like creatures, like Wyverns, Amphiteres, water dragons, and of course the Ochredrake, first of what is said to be a series.

Is the Mint a dragon? It doesn't even have wings, it's pretty much just a shy, stocky lizard with horns. Where does the Mint Dragon fall?