Aquaelie

Any Musicians?

Self taught guitar, piano, and ukulele. Ukulele is my main though, I love it <3 there is nothing better in the world.

I'm kind of self-taught piano, but it was less teaching and more experimenting. I've got perfect pitch (which apparently is rather rare but i know a bunch of people with perfect pitch, so), so once I figured out the keys of the piano, I could pretty much match up any song.

Sheet music is for wussies. xd.png

i used to play oboe for a couple years, but then i dropped it so i could focus more on other things. it was fun, though, and i probably still could play a little.

I'm kind of self-taught piano, but it was less teaching and more experimenting. I've got perfect pitch (which apparently is rather rare but i know a bunch of people with perfect pitch, so), so once I figured out the keys of the piano, I could pretty much match up any song.

Sheet music is for wussies. xd.png

i used to play oboe for a couple years, but then i dropped it so i could focus more on other things. it was fun, though, and i probably still could play a little.

I hate people with perfect pitch. -.- /jealous

Edited by philpot123

I played oboe too, for a while. While I still love the sound of an actually in-tune oboe, I was never any good at it.

@sparrow, I have never learned to tune a tympani. While I do auxilary percussion when there isn't a mallet part, never tympani.

I have perfect pitch also, but I think it's something you can acquire if you are around music enough. /shrug.

Hahah, I was really bad at the timpani[tympani?]

Edited by sparrowo3o

I have perfect pitch also, but I think it's something you can acquire if you are around music enough. /shrug.

Idk, I've been around music for... yeah, most of my life. I think some people have it and some people don't. I'm getting to where I can tune a ukulele by ear near perfect, but I wouldn't necessarily call that perfect pitch. I can just hit a G and tune the rest from there.

Edited by philpot123

I mean, sure, you can be around music for your life. I mean, I acquired perfect pitch. Or at least, certainly did not realize I had it when I was younger. tongue.gif I was listening to a lot of music when I was younger, but I wasn't necessarily involved with it. Now I'm in AP Music Theory, and last week I was busy after school until 8 in the evening for band practice xd.png I missed two days of school last week for band, lawl. Music has become my everything, and I've become very familiar with it.

I'm so good at 'guess the note'. tongue.gif

And cool, roughlandingholly! I want to go into music composition and conduction. ^^; And I love that song xd.png

Nice. c: If you do, good luck~

Oh, you mean my username? If so, that's awesome. Hardly anyone recognizes it. tongue.gif

Nice. c: If you do, good luck~

Oh, you mean my username? If so, that's awesome. Hardly anyone recognizes it. tongue.gif

Haha, I do. ^^; My mother is pretty against my music career. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me!

I play flute and piccolo. I tried to learn saxophone too but I hated it. tongue.gif I want to major in music biggrin.gif.

Lol, I really wanted to learn piccolo when I was little. tongue.gif

I was in strings 4th-8th grade and orchestra in high school with the viola. Was decent at it too, but not good enough to get into the higher level orchestra group. Most of the people in that group I think had some form of private tutoring which my parents never could afford. (Never quite got to learning vibrato, which I'm a bit sad about.)

I quit the school orchestra after my sophomore year. Haven't picked the instrument up since, which is probably a shame.

Haha, I do. ^^; My mother is pretty against my music career. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me!

Awesome. ;D

Wow, I'd have to agree… that doesn't really seem to make much sense. :|

Piano & Violin (though I'd really love to learn the guitar).

Quit Orchestra after 9th grade, but made it to Junior All-State. I still take private lessons though.

Still playing piano, and have been since I was 5, but I don't practice as much as I should. |D

I play the violin, and it is one of my favorite pasttimes.

I also named him Charlie. Instruments should have names, I think.

@digipup; haha yeah, I agree. I think mine has an actual name (that's really cool, but apparently has decided to slip my mind, atm)

Some of the old names are pretty cool. Strads and Guarnieris... o___o LOVE.

I play the violin, and it is one of my favorite pasttimes.

I also named him Charlie. Instruments should have names, I think.

Of course they should. My piano's name is Bernard, my guitar is Big Hoss, my soprano ukulele is Kolohe (means rascal in Hawaiian) and my concert ukulele is named Kelekona (dragon in Hawaiian). They should always have names and genders wink.gif piano, guitar, soprano, all guys. Kelekona is definitely female.

I play flute. Although my flute is being stupid right now and will not play D, E, or high E. My father accidently adjusted the keys 7 8 and possibly 6. :C I kinda wished I played saxophone or clarinet too.

Our piano is a big 6'2" grand, and it takes up an entire room. We live in an apartment, so the noise always travels through. xd.png Countless times our neighbors have knocked on our door to tell me to stop playing. My parents are planning on getting the walls soundproofed, but we need the building owner's approval first. it's pending.

but the piano is a Boston, from Steinway, and his name is Bear. Don't ask.

Our piano is a big 6'2" grand, and it takes up an entire room. We live in an apartment, so the noise always travels through. xd.png Countless times our neighbors have knocked on our door to tell me to stop playing. My parents are planning on getting the walls soundproofed, but we need the building owner's approval first. it's pending.

but the piano is a Boston, from Steinway, and his name is Bear. Don't ask.

Oooh those are beautiful <3 I just have a little Baldwin Acrosonic, but it's beautiful and has a big sound for the size.

I play flute. Although my flute is being stupid right now and will not play D, E, or high E. My father accidently adjusted the keys 7 8 and possibly 6. :C I kinda wished I played saxophone or clarinet too.

Flute power ^^ What kind of flute do you play? ohmy.gif. I play an open holed Jupiter. <3 He's 5 years old so I'm due for a new one. xd.png I want a professional line Amadeus. *_*

Of course they should. My piano's name is Bernard, my guitar is Big Hoss, my soprano ukulele is Kolohe (means rascal in Hawaiian) and my concert ukulele is named Kelekona (dragon in Hawaiian). They should always have names and genders wink.gif piano, guitar, soprano, all guys. Kelekona is definitely female.

I never named my viola... I wish I did now. T-T

Think it would have to be a guy name though... Something posh maybe? Or something based off the manufacturer.

Now that I think about it, I also consider my voice an instrument. Not the best at it, but I have fun singing to myself.

oh - something i forgot to add.

i think my perfect pitch might have something to do with me having synesthesia. i associate certain sounds with a certain color, so when something is off, the color is off and it drives me nuts. >.< that's why i hate listening to things when they're off.

Piano for 30+ years. At some point I'd love to enter the amateur division of the Van Cliburn competition.

I also played piccolo in my college's marching band.

Now that I think about it, I also consider my voice an instrument. Not the best at it, but I have fun singing to myself.

It's definitely an instrument. It has to be trained and developed. I'm definitely not a good singer at all xd.png but I'm trying to get better.

@xyzag: LOL SYNTHESIA! I actually really want to play it, but I don't have a keyboard. It sounds like a lot of fun. I read a book on Perfect Pitch, I think it was called, "This is Your Brain on Music" and it was really interesting.