Aquaelie

Any Musicians?

Wondering if anyone here plays or has played an instrument or been in an ensemble/group/band/etc..?

I have been playing for 7 years (since sixth grade). I can play Bass Clarinet, Clarinet, auxiliary percussion, and mallet percussion. (Marimba ftw x3)

Edited by Aquaelie

You mean Musician. smile.gif

I've played piano for 14 years. I also play flute, piccolo, guitar, and ocarina.

I theoretically (which means I'm lazy and haven't had practice in ages <__< ) can play the piano and used to play the violin, but haven't had time for it since last Christmas.

I play the psaltery (very badly). smile.gif

I play the guitar and sing. I've been playing guitar for about three years, but I can play some pretty advanced stuff. Right now I'm learning Stairway to Heaven. I've been playing it for about two or three years, but I've only taken lessons for one year. I just stopped recentley, so now I'm studying stuff myself... even though I know most things there are to know.

I don't know whether I'm a good singer or not. I'm okay, I guess. I can't hit high notes like, at all, but I can hit pretty low notes.

Or maybe I just sound amature next to my best friend that's like, the best singer in the whole school.

Seriously, she's like, John Lennon-worthy.

Pretty much the only instruments I know how to play are guitar, recorder, and like three pathetic songs on the piano, but knowing how to play guitar, I pretty much know how to play bass, too. And next year, I'm going to play the trombone.

Edited by SoraBbb

He-he))

If drums are musical, that's my instrument)

Play in band for about 10 years now - not pretty good, but good enough.

SoraBbb

Good luck with Stairway to Heaven:) Classic:) Some time ago I tried to learn Black Dog))

I've played guitar for roughly two years or so. I've been playing music since 5th grade, and I used to be really active in choir before I changed schools.

been playing guitar for about a year and a half now and can play one by metalica learning classical gas and john pettruci guitar solo i have pretty much got. =) before guitar played bass and piano. and if it counts recorder?

Ive been singing in church choir for the last 4 years and was in the school choir for 3 years. I can also play 2 songs on guitar (Behind my hazel eyes and and a cascada song that I cant remeber the name of cause my radio is on and it wont let me think properly).

Two of my brothers play electric guitar, and one of them also plays drums, and my little sister plays flute, pinao and violin.

My other three brothers are musicaly illeterate.

Piano

Have been studying piano for almost 30 years. Given hundreds of recitals and been in many competitions. Was the pianist in numerous chamber music groups (also many competitions). Was pianist and music director for a non-profit theater company for several years. Was the pianist in a jazz band for several years. Have accompanied numerous singers during their recitals, auditions, and master classes.

Piccolo

Played all through college in the marching band and pep band. Also played in high school.

Voice

Was in my city's Children's Choir during middle school and high school. Also sang for my high school chorus but that was more of a joke.

Edited by Leidarendi

I'm in chorus, and I'm taking it next year.

.-. I quit violin in 5th grade, too much practice...

I started to play piano when I was five years old (I "played so good" that I fell asleep, hah), though, I can't say I'm that good since I haven't taken any lessons, all I know is what I learned myself. Then I know how to play guitar, which I was forced to learn in school when our teacher wanted us to play instruments, so I started to play guitar at home too (I really like it), I think it was four years ago. And that's it.

i play some bass guitar and used to play viola

I play some bass, and both electric and acoustic guitar, and drums, and I played some piano way back when. I guess I still kind of do.

Qwackie, you're going to want to get used to the scales and notes of a guitar on an acoustic, because it's a lot easier than electric. Without an amp you wont be able to hear it, and with an amp you can't focus well enough as a beginner to know where you're in tune and getting the basics down. Acoustic is what people recommend for beginners, before moving to electric.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

I play piano, but I stopped, sort of.

I still write songs and play them, but I quit lessons because I didn't have enough time and I wasn't really getting any better. Although that probably had more to do with my severe lack of motivation than anything else. XD

I tried guitar/bass. I'm semi-decent, I suppose, but I neeeeeed lessons.

I can sing, but I've never performed in front of people before. Because I might die.

Not to mention I don't know exactly HOW well I can sing. I sound good enough, and sometimes I think I sound AMAZING, but I know that you sound slightly different to others than to yourself. So I'm a bit scared to sing for people.

Sometimes I record myself singing, and a few years later, record myself again and compare the two recordings. It's nice to know that I actually improve, I guess. XDD

SoraBbb

Good luck with Stairway to Heaven:) Classic:) Some time ago I tried to learn Black Dog))

Thanks. smile.gif

It took a few lessons to learn the song; some parts are harder than others. I find the intro the hardest, but I can do it.

i usually sing along with my favorite songs with my friends but i never sing in front of enemys wich i have tons of thoes so i rearly sing im going to learn how to play giutar thats going to be a joy cause one of my enemys sisters boyfriend is teaching me but im learning from a good player so ill be good at it so it all pays off im still not to thrilled

I used to play the piano, but quit in 5th grade because that was the year band started at school. In school band, I play the flute and the picollo, which is so fun. We are the craziest section, and we have our own Manflute xd.png. Along with that, I am also teaching myself to play guitar. My cousin, who has played for nine years and apparently plays better than his father, who has been playing for 50, gives me some pointers and stuff like that, but for the most part, I use the internet to teach myself. The songs that I am able to play at the moment are All The Same by Sick Puppies, Thsi Is A Call by Thousand Foot Krutch, Blurry by Puddle of Mudd, Throguh Glass by Stone Sour (see siggy!), and Only Exception by Paramore.

Uh, jaylynn, I don't mean to be a grammar Nazi or anything, but is there any way you can use some ammount of puctuation? It took me several reads through to even unserstand your post, and I'm usually good at that. Punctuation saves us from eating eachother, you know. "Let's eat Grandpa!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandpa!" Atleast seperate your sentece instead of having one long run-on sentence or whatever. Punctuation is your friend! That is all from this Grammar Nazi tongue.gifninja.gif

I've played the piano for. . . oh, must've been eleven or twelve years, now. I'm not taking lessons anymore, but I still play whenever I get the opportunity. Usually I just play solo, but I did play with a very very tiny orchestra for a couple of years. I think at its largest there were six people in said orchestra, so I don't know if it really even counts. I've done a couple of unofficial duets with a violinist, mostly just impromptu stuff, but it sounded nice. At this point I just play for funsies.

I do a bit of singing, as well, though none of it's really offical. I did choir for a short time in elementary, and since then I found myself unexpectedly in a church choir for the Christmas service, and singing in a small concert. Most of my singing is pretty much like my piano, on my own and just for fun.