TJ09

05/04/10 - State of the Cave

Well, it looks like everyone is already saying anything I would. I just feel sorry for EVERYONE who signed up for the 'Bring Back the CB Frills' project, where they gave up breeding for a month in the vain hope Frills would start dropping in the cave again. They told people not to worry about not breeding for a month, because signers/participants would have until the last day of June to try breeding more.

And now this misunderstanding. . . .

That was my thought when this happened. I wasn't part of the thread but I really feel bad for those who were since they were trying to do something good and it ended up biting them in the end.

Lesson learned.

Yet another example of the complete lack of communication between TJ and the artists. I was never informed of when he intended to actually put them into retirement mode, much less two months before I wished them to go.

Edited by Lythiaren

Yet another example of the complete lack of communication between TJ and the artists. I was never informed of when he intended to actually put them into retirement mode, much less two months before I wished them to go.

Ah, nice to hear official word from the spriter.

Presumably you can ask TJ to implement them again? Assuming that's what you want to happen (which would certainly be VERY nice, there are a lot of people whose plans were destroyed by this early retirement)

I myself would certainly like for them to be given this chance. I set the deadline at the end of June because I wanted people to have time to finish any shorter projects they wanted to get done. I must say I did not expect a retirement this quickly, and I certainly would have appreciated even a PM or an AIM ping or something to confirm.

A frill was my very first, im rather upset now. );

Ditto.

Also quite irritated about the abrupt change of date. I assumed I had at least through the end of May to get a frill dorkface. This site becomes less and less fun each time something like this happens. I play games to destress, and this is pretty much exactly the opposite.

i personally think there is only one phrase that describes this situation (and i hate using it here), but Epic Fail V.V

saddened by the sudden ending of frills, i was hoping to get a collection of them and im only missing 2. oh well i guess, (wishing they would come back though) unsure.gif

Edited by Turtletms

Same here. I really hope TJ will take them out of retirement, I don't want my poor, beautiful frill to be forever sterile sad.gif

I thought Frills were going to be gone in June. But either way, I don't mind. Nothing is permanent.

Spring layout is a lovely change...

Not so happy with the suddenness of the disappearance of the frills. I've been breeding my CB male I caught right after the announcement with no luck. I really really wanted a daughter from him, to be my last frill. Now I can't. I have an uneven number now, and my OCD will more than likely make me release one of my extra males. I figured I had June to get a kid from him, I'm saddened by this.

I was going to breed my frills earlier so more people could get them, but it looks like now that's not possible. I do think TJ should have said something to Lyth first because it's her dragon and she said if they would be retired, it would be in June.

Ah, I had wanted another CB female to complete my frills collection. No matter though, I guess we'll have to see what TJ and Lyth make of this.

Very lovely spring layout. <3 I'll definitely be using it when it's available. ^^

Wow, nice colours! A little too bright for my constant lurking, though...we'll still have the option of the blue theme, right? It's easier on my eyes when I get tired. ^^;

As for the frills...they will certainly be missed. I do hope no more incidents like that will take place. ;_;

I'll miss you frills... and thanks for the firm info TJ smile.gif

For the spring theme...I love it! green color theme is certainly fit for spring!

No, no, I mean there should definitely be a contract. I'm just saying there's no need to bring a lawyer into it.

I'm a huge fan of this idea- Is this the only dragon/sprite Lyth has helped make? (I really don't pay attention enough, I know). If it's not, whose to say Lyth won't get touchy feely about the next sprite/dragon they've helped create?

A contract would definitely put a stop to it, and give us dragonkeepers a little security.

Also, to those who are angered or disconcerted about the deadline misconception, whether or not there was a misunderstanding about WHEN they would be retired, the fact is they still would be retired. If an artist wants it pulled, as TJ quoted from Lyth earlier, Lyth doesn't get the right to say when she wants them done. TJ isn't whipped, he shouldn't be responsible for whatever date Lyth wanted it to happen.

TJ did it, Lyth wanted it, it's done, it's TJ's site. I am discouraged as well about not getting a frozen frill pair for my family, but hey, that's life, and I'll pursue other, more stable dragons in the future.

On a happier note, green is my absolute favorite color and I 'bout fell out of my seat when I saw the new skin. Just another reason to glue my forehead to the face of the Dragoncave Forum D:

Edit: Spelling Fail.

Edit 2: Double spelling fail.

Edited by kecemis

Wow, I finished my set of frills just in time then. Glad to see they can still be bred with other things though!

I am assuming that the dead line will not be extended to June, like the original artist had said.

I mean, it is her and TJ's right do whatever the please...but, I was hoping to nab a CB Frill and thought I had more time...

Either way, such is life...I have my two Lineage Frills and my one inbreed one. Maybe once things start to calm down and so forth, the frills will return. Until then, who wants to get some of the old pinks back!!! ;-)

Nice spring skin...I am kinda scared of the red. LoL...

My only real beef is that if you are in charge of a company,its your RESPONSIBILITY TO YOUR CLIENTS/EMPLOYEES TO MAKE SURE EACH IS AWARE OF ANYTHING THAT AFFECTS EITHER OR BOTH SIDES..I totally support the artists absolute right to pull their work..but to just keep the right hand blind to what the left is doing is unproffessional of the "company"/site where upheavals are occurring...it WAS written,& yes, I DO expect TJ to keep us informed (and to KNOW himself!!about all important & certainly RELEVANT) ACTIONS that affect this site,i.e;US!!

Rockin' On

Edited by Rockin' On

I know this is weird, but since we are on the topic of retiring dragons and so forth, what was the reason for the pinks??? Just because people did not like them???

When did TJ start the entire DC thing?

My only real beef is that if you are in charge of a company,its your RESPONSIBILITY TO YOUR CLIENTS/EMPLOYEES

Aye, but it's my understanding the artists here are not paid, therefore not employees but volunteers.

You see a bunch of strikers sitting outside a building, and after a while they will get their results.

A bunch of volunteers striking outside a company building does nothing but rub fur the wrong way.

So I'm sorry, but I really do disagree with you. TJ has whatever responsibility he pleases, and if any one of us doesn't like it...

Well, there are other pixel hatching sites to explore, I suppose.

I know this is weird, but since we are on the topic of retiring dragons and so forth, what was the reason for the pinks??? Just because people did not like them???

When did TJ start the entire DC thing?

No, actually it was because Dove, the person who drew them, no longer liked them and thought they were below her ability (and she hated the hot pink color too IIRC). She requested they be retired since people did not want their existing dragons outright replaced, and then she drew the new Pinks and had those implemented in their place.

No, actually it was because Dove, the person who drew them, no longer liked them and thought they were below her ability (and she hated the hot pink color too IIRC). She requested they be retired since people did not want their existing dragons outright replaced, and then she drew the new Pinks and had those implemented in their place.

I know this is a stupid question, but the bright pink dragons that are sitting....those are the Valentines, yes?

If so do you know of where I could find an old pink? I'd love to see what they look like.

THe words EMPLOYEE/COMPANY were just to show my point of view..and if people would COMMUNICATE like adults,perhaps these problems wouldnt happen without anyone taking responsibility for dropping the ball..sorry,my feeling is that its a committment to be aware of what your people(who work WITH & around your site) are feeling/doing and if you need to take any action before it becomes to late..

Rockin' On