TJ09

05/04/10 - State of the Cave

D= I'mma miss you frilly gais!

<3 You'll remain in my hearts, right beside the old pinks.

cant wait for the new skin. this skin is pretty good but still cant wait for the new one

Well I know for a fact that Lyth stated in her signature that they would be gone at the end of June...whether that was communicated from her to TJ I have no idea. But I suppose there's not much we can do now. At least I got one more yesterday tongue.gif

That's too bad, but I respect the wishes of their artist. Also, very pretty new skin, I look forward to seeing it in action! happy.gif

wow! greenish! ^^

it will match my firefox theme! x3

I'm confused (as usual xd.png ). Does it mean that they will be unbreedable but stay on our scrolls - or will they totally disappear later on? unsure.gif

Ive probably one of the last remaining frills that have yet to grow up DX I know now what I shall call it *ish crying over the frills losss * DX seriously >3< I shalt always remember the frill forever and always >3<''

Like the new skin but didnt yth say they'd go at at END of June ?

Urgh, I thought I had till the end of june to get a male frill, a female frill frozen hatchling, and an ungendered frill hatchling. sad.gif

I just came back to the game after an absence and wanted to pick up the new sprites first before moving on to filling out my collection again.

So frilleds cant breed anymore?

They can still breed, but they will not produce Frill eggs. They will not breed with rares or uncommons, and will produce either no egg or the egg of the other parent's breed.

Ah, frills.

On a more cheery note, I love how teh spring theme is coming!

They can still breed, but they will not produce Frill eggs. They will not breed with rares or uncommons, and will produce either no egg or the egg of the other parent's breed.

Thanks!

Also the Spring layout looks really good.

Ive probably one of the last remaining frills that have yet to grow up DX I know now what I shall call it *ish crying over the frills losss * DX seriously >3< I shalt always remember the frill forever and always >3<''

Like the new skin but didnt yth say they'd go at at END of June ?

I've got an egg that's only at s1 crack biggrin.gif

Ugh. We were told we had until june. I WILL complain, because it really sucks when the creator goes, "I'm probably discontinuing the frills in june." and then now they are just gone a month in advance.

We DID have warning, yes, but the warning was that they would be gone in june. I don't understand why they HAD to be removed right now, or why it's so difficult to tell us that we have, say, a week to finish catching them.

Not a fan of being lied too. Sorry.

What Syaoransbear said.

The spring forum colors hurt my eyes, I'll definitely be switching to the regular one if it gets implimented. (And I'm not saying I don't like the look of it, I actually think it looks cool. But it literally hurts my eyes)

Ugh. We were told we had until june. I WILL complain, because it really sucks when the creator goes, "I'm probably discontinuing the frills in june." and then now they are just gone a month in advance.

We DID have warning, yes, but the warning was that they would be gone in june. I don't understand why they HAD to be removed right now, or why it's so difficult to tell us that we have, say, a week to finish catching them.

Not a fan of being lied too. Sorry.

I think to call it a "lie" is inaccurate. It appears that the only thing TJ heard from Lyth is that she wanted the Frills to be discontinued, and that TJ was not informed of her possible changing her mind, nor of the June deadline.

That's not to say I don't think something should be done to correct this, but it's more of a miscommunication than anything.

Love the skin...but there should be a giant "HAPPY BIRTHDAY PFN" on the 21st this month. xd.png

Frillies go away? D:

Well, they're awesome as they are. I support the frill day - we all can't go without that cute green-and-orange frillball!

Bah. That kind of stinks. Lyth specifically told us we could have them till the end of June. I've been trying to get a frill out of this one pairing I really wanted one from ever since she said that, but have been unlucky each week. :-(

I understand why she wanted to pull them, but it's a bit of a mean trick to those of us who like and collect frills to specifically tell us they would stay until late June and then yank them a month and a half before that.

Oh well, at least they'll still be able to breed with commons, so my other lineages won't be as wrecked as I feared they might be.

The only "warning" we had of the impending discontinuance of the frills was what we could read in Lyth's signature, and in the various threads that she posted in. There were many places where she said we'd have until the end of June to collect Frills. If TJ had given his own deadline, then of course I would have respected his over hers. But he never gave his own deadline, so the only word we had was Lythiaren's...and since she was the one who created the Frills, I don't think it's unreasonable that we trusted that her deadline was the correct one. So yes, this absolutely does "come as a surprise." We knew they might be discontinued, but we had no reason not to believe that we'd have until the end of June to get the frills we needed. Many people even suspected that we still had time to change Lyth's mind, because of things she's said in various threads and the "maybe want" that she put in her signature.

Personally, I had intended to breed a purebred 3rd generation even-gen frill for myself. I even already had the 2nd gen dragons to produce such a dragon, and I had already produced several babies with them. But, because I had no reason not to believe that I would have up until the end of June to produce and keep a baby from them, I have tossed all their babies to the AP so far, so that others could have them, because I was under the impression that I still had plenty of time to breed one for myself. If I had known that frills would be discontinued now instead of when Lyth said they'd be discontinued, I would have kept one of those babies for myself. But now it's too late.

This reminds me of the situation this past Christmas with the Holly breedings. Everyone thought we'd be able to breed them on the 28th because that's what the first news post said, and we were never told us otherwise until the very end, even though it was apparently always intended that they'd stop breeding true on the 27th at 11:59 p.m. So a lot of people made plans thinking they'd still have a chance at catching/breeding a Holly on the 28th, and many people didn't find out that this was inaccurate until it was already too late.

Look, I understand that good things can't last forever. I understand that if an artist asks for their breed to get retired, it will probably get retired, and that the retirement must happen at some point in time. I understand that Holiday dragons shouldn't be able to breed true indefinitely. What I don't understand is why someone can't say something to us about these things. If Frills were going to be discontinued on May 4th, why couldn't we have been given word of this on April 20th or April 27th? That would have given everyone time to at least attempt to breed one or two more Frills for themselves. If Hollies weren't going to breed true on the 28th, why couldn't we have been told back at the very beginning of the Christmas event?

I don't mind if good things have to end--just give me some notice of when things are going to end, before they have already ended, so I can still adjust my plans accordingly and not discover that it's already too late for me to do whatever it was I was hoping to do. I like this site so much, but the lack of communication about things like this makes me so sad sometimes. sad.gif

The spring skin /is/ beautiful, even if it is easy to overlook. See? I can be on-topic.

Whoever started bombing my eggs and hatchies: I noticed in time, so, eat it.