TJ09

05/04/10 - State of the Cave

If it was, no one ever told me. When I was just asked to remove them, the word June was never mentioned.

I remember seeing it in Lythiarens signature for a while.

Really sad... I personally love the Frills. ntm I was waiting for a 4th gen Frill egg for a lineage project... oh well, guess there's nothing to be done. sad.gif

Lyth had it in her signature for ages that it wasn't going to be til the end of June though... I was really hoping for another month. T^T

This, I don't like being told a deadline and then have it change at a drop of a hat without prior warning. WE were told it was going to be at the end of June, which I assume June 30th. It's May 4th. Not even June yet. How is may 4th the end of June, I cannot fathom

And no I'm not complaining. I'm astonished at how we were told one thing, and then we get slapped with another truth

To repeat, I never gave a deadline. When I was contacted by Lyth, this is what she said:

<Lythiaren> Please retire the Frill from the cave.

<Lythiaren> Render their entire population infertile.

Which I did, in that order.

It's unfortunate, but there's not much I can do to help if you were given false information.

If it was, no one ever told me. When I was just asked to remove them, the word June was never mentioned.

Lythiaren had later stated that she would make her final decision in June, and that she was still deciding. I believe she said as much in the thread she made - I can go find it for you if you need it. Her sig was meant to be a status of whether or not she wanted to pull them. It is currently set to "maybe want" by the way.

I'll miss the Frills. But Lyth said the end of June, I'm pretty sure

She did, but apparently did not communicate this to TJ. So, an appropriately wanky end to a wanktastic breed war.

I kinda like it. cool.gif

TJ, some stuff Lyth has said on the Frills;

Here

As I've said before, nothing involving the fate of the breed will be concrete until the end of June when I make my final decision.

Here

4. The decision is set in stone

If this was so, why would I direct frill comments to email? Why wouldn't I just remove all my public contact info and leave my PM box as full as it's always been, so no one can try to reason with me? This thread here is your chance to reason it out of me without sending an email, your chance to undo all the damage that's been done the past few months. I'm tired of seeing people talking down to one another for a simple difference in opinion, I'm tired of people who have been running randomly into threads going "YOU RUINED IT SHAME ON YOU". All I see in this behaviour is a bunch of people trying to get my attention by screaming at other people and being unfair and inconsiderate. As I've said repeatedly over the past two days, I have no interest in the guilt of an idle hand. This kind of behaviour is exactly what I'm talking about.

Well TJ, then I'd like to thank you for at least keeping them breedable, even if they only produce commons. At least I'll be able to finish my lineage.

Another quote from Lyth:

Also, reminding people that in the event that this goes through, the only deadline I's put out there for TJ is to have them discontinued at the end of June.

from here.

So clearly there was a pretty significant misunderstanding here.

Well TJ, then I'd like to thank you for at least keeping them breedable, even if they only produce commons. At least I'll be able to finish my lineage.

If this is true, that would be great. I just wanted them to have kids even if they are not 'frills' they are still children and grandchildren. tongue.gif

It is kinda nice, the strange timing, it removes the deadline panic, but it still kinda surprises you.

Edited by starfox21

Starfox: I bred a stripe with a frill parent about 2 hours ago smile.gif So I'm assuming it's going to be like this.

no more frill? dang it!

Lythiaren had later stated that she would make her final decision in June, and that she was still deciding. I believe she said as much in the thread she made - I can go find it for you if you need it. Her sig was meant to be a status of whether or not she wanted to pull them. It is currently set to "maybe want" by the way.

Well, if this is true and she has the power to request a reintroduction, whining about the matter is not gonna sway her to bring them back now, is it? I think we should just chill down and sit it out. It's a game, what has been done is done, set down your glass, etc.

Thanks for the info, TJ. And thank you for the spring layout you are working on.

Well, if this is true and she has the power to request a reintroduction, whining about the matter is not gonna sway her to bring them back now, is it? I think we should just chill down and sit it out. It's a game, what has been done is done, set down your glass, etc.

But what annoys me is that we were told specifically in a public thread they were going at the end of JUNE NOT MAY. To have the frills retire and entire month earlier really irks me. I don't like being given false information.

But what annoys me is that we were told specifically in a public thread they were going at the end of JUNE NOT MAY. To have the frills retire and entire month earlier really irks me. I don't like being given false information.

^this. especially since it came directly from Lyth herself.

I'll miss you, little Frills. =(

If you consider my posts to be "whining" I think you are misunderstanding me.

I am trying to alert TJ to a miscommunication which has obviously riled up a lot of people. Lyth does not seem to be on right now so I am quoting her in her place.

That's a darn shame. I was still hoping to get two females so I had a pair of each, but I guess that won't happen. :/

It's too bad that spriters will do this sort of cr@p because of some idiots on the forums generating unnecessary drama. Yeah I've had a bit of mild drama surrounding a few of mine, but I'd never yank my sprites... =n=;

I meant the "whining" in general, it's sparking up like a cigarette stub in a dry forest...Also, TJ specifically said that he was unaware of the deadline, so you cannot blame him for miscommunication. May I also repeat that this is just a game?

P.S. Apologies if I'm mini-modding. Drama irks me more than being deprived of nice things :B

I meant the "whining" in general, it's sparking up like a cigarette stub in a dry forest...Also, TJ specifically said that he was unaware of the deadline, so you cannot blame him for miscommunication. May I also repeat that this is just a game?

P.S. Apologies if I'm mini-modding. Drama irks me more than being deprived of nice things :B

I'm not blaming him. Where did I ever give the impression I was blaming him?

Aww. I tohugh they were gonna go at June... She had it in her sig and stuff.

The new skin looks cute.

Thanks for the announcement.

At leat now the drama, worrying and hoping is over.