TJ09

05/04/10 - State of the Cave

Shame about the Frills, but hopefully things'll settle a bit now. :)

Spring layout looks awesome!

La revedere Frills!

Good bye Frills! We`ll miss you.

Beautiful new layout by the way smile.gif

Again, I was speaking in general...I'm sorry Akrona, I've been reading a lot of complaints, comments and opinions on the Frills matter. I'm expressing my opinions now, and they're getting mixed up with everything else xd.png I'm sure that a conclusion will be reached between Lyth and TJ...But I consider this thread to be final word. Glad I got a frill before the end!!!

I meant the "whining" in general, it's sparking up like a cigarette stub in a dry forest...Also, TJ specifically said that he was unaware of the deadline, so you cannot blame him for miscommunication. May I also repeat that this is just a game?

P.S. Apologies if I'm mini-modding. Drama irks me more than being deprived of nice things :B

And how can he be unaware of it when it's been plastered all over the forums and in lyth's signature?

I'm not understanding why tj can't figure out from a forum post about the deadline.

He certainly expected it of soti for the api change and only when the discussion surfaced on soti's fansite thread, did tj put in the update that the api was updated. I'm wondering why can't we expect the same of him in the case of the frill deadline

Edited by bluebell_rose

I DEFINITELY understood that it would not be until june that the frills would be taken off for good..its not as if everyone didnt know it was coming..but all my friends were also expecting it in June..not a good game move...pretty sloppy for nobody to have figured it out & GIVEN FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT!! mad.gif

Hmm... I also thought the general consensus would be the end of June, as well. Does Lyth know about this?

Since there was a misunderstanding, would it be too hard to renable them until that time?

Hmm... I also thought the general consensus would be the end of June, as well. Does Lyth know about this?

Since there was a misunderstanding, would it be too hard to renable them until that time?

I cannot speak for sure, but given what other people have said, I am under the impression that no, she is not aware of this. I don't know though, I'm just speculating.

It would be nice if they could be enabled again, especially since Lyth seemed to be considering changing her mind.

Au revoir, les volants. Tu vas nous manquer..... sad.gif

If I'm correct, that's my "goodbye frills, we'll miss you" in French. ^^

I'm kinda sad that they had to go so soon. I wanted to get a CB frill x CB magi frill egg from my friend, because the last trade I tried to do with her fell through. :'(

Well at least I have a frill hatchie on my scroll and a frill eggy that I wouldn't trade for the world!! smile.gif

Second thought, does someone have a spare frill egg or hatchie? I need one to freeze..... No preference for lineage though.....

*side note* The banner looks nice, TJ. Not a fan of the red, so I'm using the blue skin right now. That new one is going to look really nice! smile.gif

I guess this is a lesson to us all to be careful what we wish for because we might just get it, but not in a way of our choosing. Not, I might add, that I persoanlly ever wished for the Frills to go. Although if we can continue to breed them like Holidays (but without the holiday), then I will be grateful for small mercys and get on with the game in other ways.

I don't see what everyone is ganging up on TJ for. I personally don't go around reading every signature or thread, so you can't really blame him for missing that.

I loved the frills, still do, and will miss them, but it all comes down to Lyths choice as the artist and I think we should respect her choice. Let her make a comment when she gets on.

I also saw in the public thread that June was mentioned several times.

However, try not to get so riled. Quoting and pointing towards threads is all good, but we can't expect TJ to read every thread on this board to keep up with what we think the deadline given was. This will just lead to even more arguments.

Lol got a frilled just in time! xd.png D: I miss them.. *hugs my filled dragons* And also, I LOVE the new skin! biggrin.gif

Huh, so that's why I finally got a green stripe. . . Okay, fine.

Well, it looks like everyone is already saying anything I would. I just feel sorry for EVERYONE who signed up for the 'Bring Back the CB Frills' project, where they gave up breeding for a month in the vain hope Frills would start dropping in the cave again. They told people not to worry about not breeding for a month, because signers/participants would have until the last day of June to try breeding more.

And now this misunderstanding. . . .

Hmm . . . . we'll see what June brings. Lyth always has the power to reverse her choice. We the players just need to give her a reason to want to.

Also, the Spring skin looks like it's going to be really cute. I hope we get to enjoy it next year, if not sooner. *Chuckle*

I also saw in the public thread that June was mentioned several times.

However, try not to get so riled.  Quoting and pointing towards threads is all good, but we can't expect TJ to read every thread on this board to keep up with what we think the deadline given was.  This will just lead to even more arguments.

he certainly expected it of the fansite owners to keep up with the api change. Sotidraogn only knew about the change from a post tj made in help that I found when someone asked why were the fansites down. Of course tj then backpedaled and added the api change to a news annoucement hours after the fact.

So why can't we expect the same of him when he expects it of us? And the thread in question isn't so hard to find Certainly a lot easier than just a random post in some help thread

he certainly expected it of the fansite owners to keep up with the api change. Sotidraogn only knew about the change from a post tj made in help that I found when someone asked why were the fansites down. Of course tj then backpedaled and added the api change to a news annoucement hours after the fact.

So why can't we expect the same of him when he expects it of us? And the thread in question isn't so hard to find Certainly a lot easier than just a random post in some help thread

If this was a service we were paying for, perhaps. But it's a free and rather fun timesink of a game. I'm grateful that it's here at all and runs as well as it does based only on donations. TJ runs all of this without the benefit of a company to back him up. I don't see the point in getting really mad about this, even if there is some wank because of a bit of miscommunication.

I'm just glad that the frills can still breed and be included in lineages at all rather than been rendered entirely unbreedable.

1) Sad about the Frills, but then I was sad before and thought the whole thing was B#$&*(.

2) LOVE the new spring (?) covers. But then I love green.

3) Appreciate the official something, even if it was something I didn't particularly like.

Huh, so that's why I finally got a green stripe. . . Okay, fine.

Well, it looks like everyone is already saying anything I would. I just feel sorry for EVERYONE who signed up for the 'Bring Back the CB Frills' project, where they gave up breeding for a month in the vain hope Frills would start dropping in the cave again. They told people not to worry about not breeding for a month, because signers/participants would have until the last day of June to try breeding more.

And now this misunderstanding. . . .

At the risk of sounding horribly smug, I am sooooo glad I refused to sign up for that initiative. I managed to breed a few nice even-gen Frills for others and for myself. I have about eight CB Frills, and I will still breed them for those who want offspring with FrillxCommon parents, for as long as this is possible. Alas, most of them are in breeding cool-down right now after all my frantic (and futile) breeding experiments this morning!

New skin is pretty, TJ, and thanks for the update. cool.gif

I seem to recall in some other thread with the frills that it said said end of June or maybe before, for those who are wondering why it seems early.

I for one will start soliciting donations with my new sig button down there. If enough of us pitch in a few dollars, surely a business lawyer could be engaged long enough to write up some sort of agreement for future art.

It's just plain silly for anyone to make a game without owning the images in it, or at least without owning rights to the images in it.

I do not want to see any more dragons discontinued over drama.

D:

I was going to get a last Frill egg after giving descriptions to some of my dragons this weekend. And now my plans went down the drain.

But at least we had an announcement.

Edited by INsanityPenguin

Yay, new skin! I thought there would be a summer one though o_O

*sniff* I'll miss the Frilleds, and will have to find a new mate for my White Striped but I guess there isn't anything we can do about it. On a happier note I'm quite glad that we're finally getting a green skin, though if you predict Murphy's Law will cause the worst case scenario, then the Law may inevitably cause a scenario worse than the worst case scenario (just to warn you).