TJ09

05/04/10 - State of the Cave

Frilled Eggs

Yes, frilled eggs are gone. This was requested by their creator quite some time ago, which means it should come as no surprise. It also means that complaining here isn't going to get you anywhere.

Spring Layout

On a happier note, I've started working on a spring-themed skin for the forums. If Murphy's Law holds up, it should arrive just in time for summer.

user posted image

(Click thumbnail to see full size)

I appreciate a solid statement on the matter. Also, new skin. x3

Could have sworn it was to be June, not the fourth day of May. That ruins my plan to collect five frills, but oh well.

Pretty scheme. But thanks for clearing this up smile.gif At least we know for sure now.

Goodbye frills. At least I'll be missing you. sad.gif

Frilled Eggs

Yes, frilled eggs are gone. This was requested by their creator quite some time ago, which means it should come as no surprise. It also means that complaining here isn't going to get you anywhere.

Bummer. sad.gifunsure.gif

Spring Layout

On a happier note, I've started working on a spring-themed skin for the forums. If Murphy's Law holds up, it should arrive just in time for summer.

user posted image

(Click thumbnail to see full size)

Interesting. Murphy's Law, or DC's Law? tongue.gif The latter is more powerful, ya know?

oh they are gone?whaaaa! I didn't get the family.. sad.gif I don't just want 2 frills on my scroll... I might release it then... sad.gif

Edited by rabbit153

Wait I thought they went at the end of june?

This, I don't like being told a deadline and then have it change at a drop of a hat without prior warning. WE were told it was going to be at the end of June, which I assume June 30th. It's May 4th. Not even June yet. How is may 4th the end of June, I cannot fathom

And no I'm not complaining. I'm astonished at how we were told one thing, and then we get slapped with another truth

Wait I thought they went at the end of june?

If it was, no one ever told me. When I was just asked to remove them, the word June was never mentioned.

This is really disappointing. I'm very sorry to see that they're apparently going after all. I was holding out hope that the whole drama would blow over.

I know this has been hashed out again and again, but I honestly can't imagine any reason why an artist would discontinue a work of art that people enjoy -that people have proven they enjoy by protesting and wearing sig badges. I mean, if I got my art onto a site like this I'd be totally proud, and I would laugh at the inevitable haters, because they never made art for a game.

When Dovealove nearly pulled her sprites, I defended her right to do so because the drama was secret and I couldn't have understood what was going on. Now I feel a little silly for defending her almost-decision, because I don't know about everyone else, but if this is a pattern that's going to continue, it's going to make the game rather less fun for me, knowing that all my breeding plans hinge on the whims of sensitive artists.

I would love to see a policy enacted whereby artists either give TJ official ownership of the art they submit, or agree to some sort of binding contract that gives Dragcave use of the sprites for as long as TJ chooses to use them. Such things do exist, after all, and are not really unusual. Agreements like that are a staple of anything that allows users to submit content -this site is the only such place I've ever see that doesn't have a policy like that.

SRSLY, start acting like professionals already.

Edit to put the whole rant-thing here rather than just part of it.

Edited by Sadako

Frilled Eggs

I do have one question relating to it. Could we breed a frill with some other common (like pink) and get a pink egg?

And I like the spring skin. It's appropriate. smile.gif

This, I don't like being told a deadline and then have it change at a drop of a hat without prior warning. WE were told it was going to be at the end of June, which I assume June 30th. It's May 4th. Not even June yet. How is may 4th the end of June, I cannot fathom

And no I'm not complaining. I'm astonished at how we were told one thing, and then we get slapped with another truth

Exactly. I been trying for weeks to try to get a CB egg or two before they left and I still thought I had time left.

Assuming that eggs that are still around from previous breedings will hatch and not die...at least I hope so.... :S

Exactly. I been trying for weeks to try to get a CB egg or two before they left and I still thought I had time left.

Exactly! I've picked up, maybe, fifty strange marking eggs since I heard they were to be discontinued, because I wanted an ungendered hatchling and adult male to complete my family. The fact that not only were CB eggs (I think) stopped way before the supposed deadline, but that Lyth told us we'd have until June but apparently we won't just makes me sad.

The whole situation upset me at first, but now I'm just confused.