Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

I agree. Why have specific badges for individual species? All you've got to do is scroll down...

Still, I quite like the idea of groups. All seasonals, The Trio, Stripes, Metallics....those could make awesome badges.

Would "releases," ex. Mod Madness dragons, be considered groups?

Hmm.

I am not a fan of the badge idea. I think we all know that some people, including myself to an extent, are OCD collectors and if a badge like the Opal and Artist badge would just drive people insane trying to get. I think we need to be more realistic when deciding what badges to make. Ones that most people could ACTUALLY get. Not some rare badge that everyone will go completely nutty trying to get.

I like the subtle, broad-idea trophies but I don't really see the point in specific badges. If you want to know if I have all the stripes, how about you look through my scroll? It seriously isn't that hard since you would already be on my scroll page anyways.

Its kind of redundant, IMO. wink.gif

I have no problem with the opal badge. Since these act more like mile markers than actual goals that the site has set for you to reach, I don't really care that there's one that is ungettable by new players. UniCreatures, for instance, has pets that are only available for a certain time and then go away forever. They also have pets you have to pay for, which is so lame. Yet, nobody seems to have a problem with there being things on the site that not every player will be able to get. (Of course, this might be because UniCreatures brainwashes their users into being hippies, but that's another matter.)

I have no problem with the opal badge. Since these act more like mile markers than actual goals that the site has set for you to reach, I don't really care that there's one that is ungettable by new players. UniCreatures, for instance, has pets that are only available for a certain time and then go away forever. They also have pets you have to pay for, which is so lame. Yet, nobody seems to have a problem with there being things on the site that not every player will be able to get. (Of course, this might be because UniCreatures brainwashes their users into being hippies, but that's another matter.)

+1

Thank you for that.

Would "releases," ex. Mod Madness dragons, be considered groups?

Yeah, I think that could work, but only if we limit it to the smaller releases (2-4 dragons). So, Legendary Trio onwards?

(I'm now getting the urge to sprite these, despite my epic fail spriting abilities xd.png)

I don't get having badges for specific breeds or groups. If I have the whole trio (which I do), I don't need a badge at the top of my scroll to prove it to you. You can pretty easily see that I do have the Trio.

I'm seeing the same arguments - well one thing here is, some scrolls are MASSIVE.

Sometime's it's hard to SEE what they own without lagging the hell off your net.

Either way, it won't kill you to see some cute badges at the top of your scroll.

IDEA: Make the badges OPTIONAL (show/hide). I'd always like to make my scroll more interesting even if others don't want to.

I'm seeing the same arguments - well one thing here is, some scrolls are MASSIVE.

Sometime's it's hard to SEE what they own without lagging the hell off your net.

Either way, it won't kill you to see some cute badges at the top of your scroll.

IDEA: Make the badges OPTIONAL (show/hide). I'd always like to make my scroll more interesting even if others don't want to.

With the number of species we have, I'd think it would be likely we'd get an icon to link us to a page with the scale badges. Kind of like how I don't have 30 something frozen eggs on my scroll, I have a mini basket to link me to them all.

With res here; even if you think they're unnecessary, they're cute and they certainly don't hurt anything.

Yarr - err perhaps we should point this thread out to TJ? |D See which idea's he likes?

I prefer doing descriptions over any other DC thing; I would love a little quill pen or something for writing descriptions for a set number of dragons (50 for bronze, ect?)

I wouldn't like a badge for each holiday ones, because it's not a really fair badge to those who weren't there at that precise date ;p

I prefer doing descriptions over any other DC thing; I would love a little quill pen or something for writing descriptions for a set number of dragons (50 for bronze, ect?)

That's actually a nice idea. But probably something to be put back until Description Mods are found.

That's actually a nice idea. But probably something to be put back until Description Mods are found.

I like the description idea, too. However, I agree- we need to wait until we have more description mods. Terriah just hasn't the time to review them right now, so its kind of ground to a stand-still.

I like the idea though 50 for bronze is a bit much. Bronze is usually a low number and then there is a huge jump till silver than another huge jump to gold. If there is platinum than there would be yet another huge jump.

what about a badge for never having killed an egg, hatchling or dragon? vampire bitten eggs could be excluded. and maybe it could start after a certain date so it wouldn't just be new members with the badge. i apologize if anyone has suggested this one.

The artist trophy is cute. :3 Some artists get special versions of their dragons (like the special alt sweetlings that Kila and Nepherim have) and special forum badges, so I don't see why it would be too exclusive to give them a badge on the site.

what about a badge for never having killed an egg, hatchling or dragon? vampire bitten eggs could be excluded. and maybe it could start after a certain date so it wouldn't just be new members with the badge. i apologize if anyone has suggested this one.

Only if it were set to certain specifications. Like: "you've never used the kill action" as opposed to "you've never killed an egg" because I've never used the kill action, but I've had two dead eggs on my scroll. One from too many view, and one from not enough views (still not really sure why that happened, they were only at DDF) but anyway.

And you say vampire bites don't count, well what about earthquake? Would BSA's just not count period?

I object over it because the "for no deadness" thropy isn't fair to those who are new and have to learn the game. If it is put in place, it should have a time period for the sake of allowing users time to get over their past mistakes.

And, it also means when trades go up, users are forever shunned if they DON'T have that thorphy.

And although I myself won't be getting it, when I killed the hatchie, I had named it and we had no wilderness so I could safely release it into the wild. So therefore, anyone in the pre-wilderness era like myself, is also at risk because that was the only solution for us in those days. :-/

There is another thing as well, an egg that may normally die gets dropped into the AP...The orginal owner has cleared themselves of a burdon and slapped it onto another one's head possibly. Basically, what I'm saying is this particular thorphy is more trouble then its worth. And unless its "no purpose killing" reward, then someone can go around scroll and deliberatly kill eggs and hatchlings to make auser loose their throphy.

So a time period of not killing or loosing an egg for X amount of time is a better option.

Only if it were set to certain specifications. Like: "you've never used the kill action" as opposed to "you've never killed an egg" because I've never used the kill action, but I've had two dead eggs on my scroll. One from too many view, and one from not enough views (still not really sure why that happened, they were only at DDF) but anyway.

And you say vampire bites don't count, well what about earthquake? Would BSA's just not count period?

But then those who have Zombies would never get this either.... so NO.

A badge for 'never killing/quaking/forcing' is not a good idea.

Too many badges blink.gif

I'm not overly fond of the badges. I wonder if there could be a way to hide them? If all these badges are implemented, then some people could have like 10+ badges up top.

To me, badges aren't very useful; more useful would be additional signs beside each dragon, such as a symbol signifying that a dragon is ready to be bred.

However, I do like the idea of the spriter badge smile.gif The sweet spriters need more recognition.

We should be able to make our own scroll "seal" badge. Not the animal "seal", but rather a seal you would put on a scroll. Limit one per scroll.

Edited by Dusk118

We should be able to make our own scroll "seal" badge. Not the animal "seal", but rather a seal you would put on a scroll. Limit one per scroll.

That's not a bad idea. Sort of like a family crest? Perhaps there could be an in-site template and some stuff the user could put together, or maybe upload their own from their computer.

That's not a bad idea. Sort of like a family crest? Perhaps there could be an in-site template and some stuff the user could put together, or maybe upload their own from their computer.

While it would be cool, there is a pretty significant problem with that, and that is people will use it to draw genitalia and upload it.

Never underestimate human ingenuity when it comes to drawing penises on things.