Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

How bout a badge for DC's anniversary.

Badge for breeding a certain number of times? bronze-silver-gold

Badge for snatching a certain number of eggs from the AP?

Another Set:: All four seasons, all four stripes

Edited by Hawaiianbabidoll

Hmmm. Yes. That could work well.

I like this idea. If dragons are considered in sets then the problem of loosing a 'have all the breeds' badge whenever there is a new release could be solved.

The original dragons could be one set (pink, blue, green, mint, magi, red, white, black, gold, silver, purple, vine, split, stone, gray, paper)

Each release, now that they all have multiple eggs could be a set (maybe include the summoned dragon with the legendary set?)

Event dragons might need to be counted as events, not sets.

Dinos would be a set.

Seasonal dragons would be their own set?

Alts, zombies and neglecteds might be handled differently.

And the other dragons (from single releases) could be put into sets of some kind as well.

How about a badge for having a certain amount of dragons that have descriptions? It's not easy to come up with descriptions that are accepted.

And how about instead of a badge that shows how many years you've been on, but when you joined.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

I like the veteran badge because it symbolizes ongoing loyalty to DC. Like you can only get it if you repeatedly get on for a year or more. But a badge for newbies like a newbie badge would be neat. It would display the day,month,year you joined.

I like the veteran badge because it symbolizes ongoing loyalty to DC. Like you can only get it if you repeatedly get on for a year or more. But a badge for newbies like a newbie badge would be neat. It would display the day,month,year you joined.

Yes definetely

And maybe one for species.

I don't really see why it's a PROBLEM to lose the badge at each release.

It's not like TJ would release 10 at a time, he releases about 6 max. Not tough to get, seriously.

All these sets would just get hectic, and releases like the purple dino would STILL cause the same badge losing "problem".

I don't really see why it's a PROBLEM to lose the badge at each release.

It's not like TJ would release 10 at a time, he releases about 6 max. Not tough to get, seriously.

All these sets would just get hectic, and releases like the purple dino would STILL cause the same badge losing "problem".

Considering that a new dino isn't released every update, its going to stay on the scroll more then an "all species" badge that disappears EVERY release.

The site doesn't store registration date. I can go based on oldest egg, but that's an underestimate.

The site doesn't store registration date. I can go based on oldest egg, but that's an underestimate.

Especially since many people's first eggs die due to inexperience.

A badge for if youve been on the site for over a year, maybe?

A badge for haing ten badges! -shot-

Okay then, first post is updated.

Also, I decided to start on the scroll completion badges; there's one more coming (black opal and platinum) but first, a nap <3

user posted image

The marble egg is gotten by having at least one of every currently obtainable cave dragon.

The jasper egg is gotten by fulfilling the above conditions as well as having at least one of every holiday dragon (hollies included, they are getting more common. I suppose we'll put vamps in this category as well) OR having at least one zombie, neglected, and guardian of nature.

The jade egg is gotten by fulfilling all the above conditions; basically every dragon except the retired ones.

The black opal and platinum egg that I don't yet have will require one of every dragon evar. I don't expect many people will ever achieve this, but I feel there should be a coveted award for those that do.

One "dragon" I am unsure of is the leetle tree. I'm not going to include it in holidays, because as of yet there is no way to obtain more, even at Christmas. It's really more like a retired dragon than anything... should it be included in the jade egg requirements, or be an opal only "dragon"?

Keep in mind these are drafts; please feel free to debate ideas and resort dragons and requirements. Crits on the eggs are also liked. <3

Maybe there could be like a giant stone oranment thing for species. Each badge you get goes in to the stone thing in a specific spot. And when you get all of em, it looks a like a giant colorful egg.

My personal opinion would be to include the Leetle Tree in the black opal egg, since they are not currently obtainable by any means. If they should be available again though, that could change. By the way, these are incredibly gorgeous and I can hardly wait to have some of them.

My inner collector is shrieking in protest ;_;

This.

IMO, there should never be any badges that are unobtainable by current conditions, or badges that are mutually exclusive.

There's enough exclusive riff-raff in the cave already. Enough with the collector torture. 0_o

It also makes the game feel a little... well, I'm blanking on the term, but like in Neopets and Subeta... I don't want DC to turn into something like that. The trophies are fine, since it's just dragon collecting, but "achievements" doesn't feel like it fits as well. What about people who hoard one type? Who play casually?

It also makes the game feel a little... well, I'm blanking on the term, but like in Neopets and Subeta... I don't want DC to turn into something like that. The trophies are fine, since it's just dragon collecting, but "achievements" doesn't feel like it fits as well. What about people who hoard one type? Who play casually?

What if I don't want 1000 dragons? What if I'm a strict 5 of each dragon player? It's sort of the same thing here. You don't have to go for any of them, they're just cute little commemorations if you happen to have reached certain milestones. The trophies are for numbers of dragons, these are for having a wide variety.

In all honestly, very very very few people will get the opal. But I still feel it should be made. It's not a goal to be reached, it's a commemoration.

That doesn't mean I shouldn't want to collect them.

And, in all likelyhood, a lot more people than us will want to do so as well. It would be good form to make that an actually reachable goal.

^

This.

I agree with how Umbri has planned it out. I mean life really isn't fair. Will I get the opal? No. I don't have a tree But I still agree with how she has it.

Everything but the opal is reachable. It takes a bit of effort, but there's no fun if it takes no effort at all.

._. Jeez, if people are really against the opal... I kinda regret posting it. If the badges had just gone out, no one would ever have known.

... I get the logic, but the OCD collector is screaming about pretty.

Do you really have to make them so awesome? ;_;

/only half joking

=P Well, again, jade is obtainable. Nothing retired is included in it. The hollies and neglecteds are in as of yet. I won't move the hollies, but I might move the NDs. Just because they're so goddarn difficult.

You haven't even seen the opal. It's barely started. I might not finish it. It might not go out. If it did, it would be an easter egg in the most literal sense ;D