smokeytripod

anybody into piercings?

I have just the usual two in each ear. I didn't gauge them or anything. Never will. I can't stand how they look it just creeps me out. >_<

I have the very basic ear piercings. First got them pierced back when I was 10, but they constantly became infected and were a hassle to take care of. I allowed them to close and years later when I turned 18, wanted them pierced again. Its tough getting earrings I like because many kinds agitate my ears and turn them green. Can't wear most for more than 24 hours. :/

You might have a slight allergy to nickel, all you need to do it make sure you buy sterling silver (or a less expensive option, stainless steel) jewelry. You have to be careful going to Claire's or WalMart because a lot of their jewelry says "Hypoallergenic" so you think you're good to go, but on the back it says 5% Nickel. That's enough for my ears to break out.

Oooh, this is a good thread to Necromance. xd.png

Right now, I have one piercing in each ear lobe - which I am in the process of stretching! My goal is a 0 gauge, which isn't really huge compared to how big a lot of people stretch their lobes. I also want helix piercings done on both sides. And I have my lip pierced, on the left side. I'd thought about getting spider bites, but healing this one was a real pain so I don't know if I'll do it again.

In the past I've had my tongue pierced (on three separate occasions, I kept taking it out and letting it heal), my eyebrow and my nose.

I have five tattoos, though they're not in places you can see while I'm at work. Three on my back, one on my right shoulder, and one on my left ankle. I plan to have more work done, but I'm going to finish my piercings and stretching first. Body mods are expensive!!

As far as a job, I got lucky. I work at Target, and to be quite honest it's a good place to work. We have a breakroom with a flat screen TV in it, they feed us dinner a lot, the benefits are good, and best of all - they encourage diversity. People in food service areas (like the deli and the meat counter) are limited on jewelry because of the health code. (Don't want earrings falling out in the noms, kthx.) People like me, who work the registers and the sales floor, can wear pretty much whatever jewelry we want. There's no rule against facial piercings, either. A lot of the girls I work with have lip, eyebrow or Monroe piercings. I have a feeling if anyone got excessive with it they'd be asked to tone it down, but there's no rule against them. If I ever leave Target it will be easy enough to hide my lip - I've seen not only clear retainers, but Bioplast studs with a flat brown top they call an "instant beauty mark". C;

Sometimes people stare, I had one guy ask if my lip ring got in the way when I eat (in all truth it depends on what jewelry I wear - labret stud, no. Horseshoe ring, yes.), and I had one elderly lady tell me my smile was beautiful and interesting. I live in Alabama, so it's surprising I guess that nobody's called me a heathen yet, but I think that since facial piercing is becoming so much more common these days the general public doesn't freak out quite so much.

Also, on the ear allergy. Yes, most commercial jewelry has nickel in it. I never wear silver for just that reason. Even stainless steel can contain some nickel. I would advise surgical stainless steel (it's a different grade) or titanium. (Titanium is a bit more expensive but worth it.) You can also try something called Bioplast - it's a form of rigid plastic that a lot of piercing parlors use for their piercing jewelry these days. It wears out quickly, but if you have allergies it's a great option. Check it out: Bioplast.com.

Edit:

@ Rainbowsmile: Dat ear funk! That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to. I've heard that glass and stone are the best for keeping the funk at bay. Any experience with either? Also, yes, I suppose you are lucky you didn't get a blowout from dead stretching like that, but from what I understand as long as you don't skip gauges it can be okay to do it that way. I went the opposite way - I saw all the horrific blowout/catbutt pictures before I made up my mind to stretch. I've got a stretching kit and Holey Butt'r and I'm taking it very slow. happy.gif

Edited by MindsEye

I have my ears pierced 3 times on one side and 4 on the other.

I also have 2 micro-dermal piercings on the back of my neck. I plan to get more soon but am unsure where to get them.

I only have 9 ear piercings. 6 in my right ear (two in the cartilage at the top of my ear) and 3 in my left. I've stretched my lobes to 8mm (or 0 gauge) which are quite easy to hide if you wear plugs instead of tunnels. Most people don't even notice them. My boss noticed them after 6 months or so because I was wearing silicone tunnels (which are really thin and make your stretch look bigger) and my hair was in a ponytail. I work as a cashier in a supermarket so I have to look decent, but she said she didn't mind them. The only time people freak out is when I take them out and put my fingertip through them. It's so funny xd.png As far as other piercings I want a tragus piercing in my left ear and maybe one in my lip.. Not sure if I want one in the middle or the left of my lower lip. I'm also getting a little owl tattooed on the inside of my lower right arm.

About the smell and nasty funk on stretched lobes: best way to have not so much of that is to wear wood, bone, horn, glass or stone jewellery. Also clean your lobes and jewellery every day. I use something called SimpleCleanse which is a vegan cleanser which I think is better than normal soap because it also stops the itching that funk sometimes causes.

I dont have any piercings. Used to have my ears done when I was little, but they went all yucky and now im too afraid to get them done again. I would like my lip pierced, but again too afraid. :c

I have my dermal implants in my hips(one each side) and my ears stretched to 6.5mm. I did have my bellybutton and snakebites but I retired my bellybutton and I was forced to take out my snakebites. I plan to get them redone along with many other. ^^

Edit for picture

user posted image

Edited by MeldaDrabek

The traditional one set of holes in each ear lobe and a nostril piercing.

I'm considering adding a daith piercing to one ear but I'm afraid it may be one to many as far as my employer is concerned. I'm extremely lucky to have got away with the nostril piercing.

Have: holes in both ears, holes at the top of each ear, belly button and tongue.

Wear: none.

Can still wear the belly button ring (but it looks stupid on me, im too fat) can probably get the togue ring back in but havent tried. I dont wear my earrings though unless its a special occasion. I have a hard time finding plastic earrings. I react to every metal there is tongue.gif

I don't have any piercings. sleep.gif There just isn't a huge selection of nice surgical steel jewerly, and gold looks terrible on me so I don't want to spend $$$ on stuff that just doesn't look right. I react to most metals.

I'd love to pierce my ears and my cart. just a few in each ear.

Edited by Draco Knight

No piercings here!

I do want the basic holes in my ears, I've just never gotten around to it. Ear cartilage piercings have always appealed to me, too. I also think monroe piercings are pretty, though I don't think I'd get one.

I don't have any piercings. sleep.gif There just isn't a huge selection of nice surgical steel jewerly, and gold looks terrible on me so I don't want to spend $$$ on stuff that just doesn't look right. I react to most metals.

Most of the local malls have a piercing stand full of plenty of surgical steel jewelery, i just tend to swap to plastic as soon as possible since i react to that too. Thankfully, they carry just as much plastic as they do metal.

Most of the local malls have a piercing stand full of plenty of surgical steel jewelery, i just tend to swap to plastic as soon as possible since i react to that too. Thankfully, they carry just as much plastic as they do metal.

Titanium is the piercing metal of choice around here. Very very few people are allergic to it.

I don't tolerate steel well in any form but am fine with gold or silver.

@ Melda: Cool dermals! I'm too scared of pulling them out to get them done, but they look nice.

I got some Titanium jewelry, and it must not have been the real deal because I had a bad reaction to it. I do just fine with 316L Stainless Steel, so that's what I stick with. I do have a PTFE stud for my lip that I adore. Super comfy.

Around here, they only carry Stainless and cheap/fake Titanium. I had to order my PTFE (and all my internally threaded jewelry) online. It was worth it to get good quality stuff.

@JessicaGhost: Yeah, that's what I've heard, I can't wait to get stretched up so I can wear some pretty plugs. I'm only at a 14g now... long way to go! xd.png

Edited by MindsEye

I've two upper-cartlidge rings in my right ear, which were my first and done way back for my sixteenth birthday... and a single ear-lobe piercing in the right I had done just before last Christmas on impulse, haha.

I'd like a middle lower-lip piercing. And bellybutton one; tacky as people tend to say those are I'm a little ocd with the idea of not having too many piercings all on one place haha :')

Edited by Dhevix

Do NOT get your ears pierced with a gun. It's actually extremely unhealthy and dangerous, in my opinion piercing guns should be illegal. Here's some information, http://antipiercingguns.webs.com/index.htm

Moral of the story, go to a professional who will do the job, cleanly and safely. (:

Just my ears are pierced, one in each lobe. I used to have the holes stretched a tiny bit and wore little plugs, which I loved, but I've gotten out of the jewelry-wearing habit and it looks like the holes have gone back to normal size. Oh well.

I've been told there is a quantifiable size limit on plugs/tunnels, such that if you stretch your ears past a certain gauge, they won't return to normal eventually if you decide to remove the plugs. Anybody with a little bit more experience in this area care to fill me in?

4-5mm seems to be the accepted average for streched ears to return to normal but I've known much bigger guages shrink back to normal and smaller ones stay stretched.

I think you have to assume that if you start to stretch that the modification may be permanent.

I have 2 earrings, one in each ear, that I don't even have in half the time. I don't plan on getting anything else.