smokeytripod

anybody into piercings?

I only have my ears pierced (got them done when I was in the seventh grade xd.png) but personally, I think guys with snakebites are kinda hot ->>- then again, I do have a thing for the stereotypical "emo" guy, though I really don't like stereotypes... X3

Hahaha smile.gif Same, emo guys are pretty legit. I only have my lobes pierced, but I really want a Helix and a stud in my nose. The only piercings I truly hate are gauges. - to anyone, but they creep me out. unsure.gif Small ones are ok-ish....

Edited by ~AllTimeLow~

I'll never be getting any myself.

As for on other people: I'm pretty neutral about it, but less is better in my eyes.

I really want more piercings(I only have one hole per ear atm) but my problem is the fact that to get it done right, ie not with the gun that supposedly can really screw up stuff, it costs so much...

also, to those who have both, which is more painful in your opinion, getting tattooed or getting pierced?

Besides my ear lobes, I have right helix and left industrial done. I don't have any outside my ears. I personally want more and some away from my ears but my boyfriend is against body modification and doesn't want me getting more xP

Edited by EmoDuck598

I really want more piercings(I only have one hole per ear atm) but my problem is the fact that to get it done right, ie not with the gun that supposedly can really screw up stuff, it costs so much...

also, to those who have both, which is more painful in your opinion, getting tattooed or getting pierced?

Piercing guns aren't good because they don't actually pierce, they just rip the skin with the jewelry. More chances of infection and rejection. It costs about the same, really, because at Claire's and places like that they make you pay for the jewelry and the aftercare, which can end up being around 30-40 bucks. At most shops, the jewelry and aftercare is included in the price, you may end up paying five or ten more dollars at some shops but it's worth it to get it done right.

A tattoo hurts worse, definitely.

With a piercing, no matter where it's located, it's just one needle one time and it's over. With a tattoo, it's continuous (I think I spelled that right...) and most of the time they have to go over the same spot two or three times. It's still worth it though smile.gif

I'm probably the only person that has no piercings (not even my ears) and does not ever plan on getting any. xd.png

It's my own way of standing apart - rather than getting rings and studs all over my body, like some people do to stand apart (which is starting to not really work, because so many people are doing that xd.png ) I'm going to remain in one piece. XP

Although, admittedly, I have seen some piercings that looked pretty cool.

I've been itching more and more to get a face piercing ever since I told myself I can't get one while I'm looking for a job, so just for the heck of it I started researching different facial piercings and what ones are considered to work best with certain face shapes or features.

The results were horrible. I pretty much read three things through five hours of half-hearted googling while doing other things.

1. Piercings are ugly and you're ugly if you get them (LOL)

2. If you have to ask what looks good, you aren't ready to get one (umwat. That's like saying a person can't get a haircut because they're trying to find the most flattering style possible)

3. Just do what you want, it doesn't matter anyway.

Does anyone have an actually useful source for what kind of piercings work best with different face shapes, or is the piercing world just that sunk into the world of "Only people who don't give a derp get pierced"?

Does anyone have an actually useful source for what kind of piercings work best with different face shapes, or is the piercing world just that sunk into the world of "Only people who don't give a derp get pierced"?

This may be about as helpful as everything else you found, but it all depends on you & what you think you would like to see, and when it comes to your face, you need to be the one that's comfortable with it.

Sometimes what I like to do when I'm considering a piercing is take a captive ring (without the ball, obviously) and hook it on to where I'm thinking about getting it. That helps me think about if it would be obstructive, and whether or not I could get used to it easily. You can also use make-up rhinstones with eyelash glue, but that really only helps with trying out the aesthetics, and I wouldn't suggest wearing it in public, guys or girls.

And just my personal opinion, girls should stay away from septum piercings and guys should stay away from nostril piercings. I guess someone who is relatively androgynous looking could get away with either...

I've got an apprenticeship in a tattoo shop, and they also do piercings (though it's not the same people doing both, mostly, for which I am deeply thankful) and other kinds of fun and interesting body mod (scarification, branding, dermal implants etc.). One of the best things about working there is the regular customers don't care if I look at (or, in the case of implants, poke) their piercings, so I get to check it out closely and satisfy my curiosity. xd.png

And just my personal opinion, girls should stay away from septum piercings and guys should stay away from nostril piercings. I guess someone who is relatively androgynous looking could get away with either...

I know two girls back in America with septum piercings and they both pulled it off very cutely. They didn't go the 'punk rock attack' fashion route, I mean. One of them is currently a full-scholarshipped grad student and TA at Dartmouth, some kind of research chemist. They didn't care about her hand and clavicle tattoos, pink hair, 6 or 7 facial piercings, 9 ear piercings, and rainbow dyed lab coats.

So don't think you'll f up your life if you get visible piercings, either. That's just "what they tell you" and that's never true. Fifty years ago men wouldn't DARE grow their hair over their collars or ears if they wanted to get a job. What does hair have to do with job efficiency? Nothin. But that's "what they tell you".

As for tattoos, I have a large rib piece of a Japanese firebird, on my right thigh I have a lionfish and a rose done by another person in the shop, and the rest of my right thigh is nearly covered by flowers and sea creatures that I did myself as part of my apprenticeship training. smile.gif

I'm up to the standard one piercing per ear...what other piercings are considered attractive? I've been trying to decide what to get pierced...

I've got an apprenticeship in a tattoo shop, and they also do piercings (though it's not the same people doing both, mostly, for which I am deeply thankful) and other kinds of fun and interesting body mod (scarification, branding, dermal implants etc.). One of the best things about working there is the regular customers don't care if I look at (or, in the case of implants, poke) their piercings, so I get to check it out closely and satisfy my curiosity. xd.png

OMG I would KILL to get an apprenticeship. I want to be a body piercer, but I'd love to do tattoos as well. I just need to go back to school and take some art classes because I'm way out of practice as far as my drawing goes...

So don't think you'll f up your life if you get visible piercings, either. That's just "what they tell you" and that's never true. Fifty years ago men wouldn't DARE grow their hair over their collars or ears if they wanted to get a job. What does hair have to do with job efficiency? Nothin. But that's "what they tell you".

I wish that were true everywhere, and it makes me incredibly happy that more and more places have become more accepting of body mods.

I live in Alabama, though, and while I'm sure there are tons of college kids with crazy hair and tattoos and piercings all over the place, I know they have trouble finding jobs around here. It sucks, I hate the intolerance, but I do live in the bible belt (where interracial marriage was illegal up until '98). At my old job, I had to take out all my piercings except I could have two earrings in each ear, and the big bosses hassled me about my gauges, and guys couldn't wear jewelry AT ALL. And anyone who had visible tattoos had to cover them up with long sleeves or turtle necks. I'm glad the job I have now is more lenient. It was a pain trying to remember to put everything back in when I got off of work.

Have standard piercings in the ears, one at the top of my right ear, and my lip done off-centre to the left. I did have my right tragus pierced, but after nearly ripping it out with a hairbrush, it had to be taken out. Would LOVE my nipples done. tongue.gif

I'm not too bothered about piercings now, not since I've started getting tattoos.

piercings are cool Ive seen some pretty interesting ones considering a lot of my friends have them. Im more of a tatoo person myself though. I want a deathly hollows on on my left arm, the triforce on my right arm, and some wings on my back. biggrin.gif

I might consider getting a piercing when Im older.

My question is how do you guys feel about gauges/tunnels/those big circles that go in your ear. If you ask me if there not to big there okay but I dont get how people can have these super huge ones stretching out there ears.

Edited by El3m3nt

piercings are cool Ive seen some pretty interesting ones considering alot.png of my friends have them. Im more of a tatoo person myself though. I want a deathly hollows on on my left arm, the triforce on my right arm, and some wings on my back. biggrin.gif

I might consider getting a piercing when Im older.

My question is how do you guys feel about gauges/tunnels/those big circles that go in your ear. If you ask me if there not to big there okay but I dont get how people can have these super huge ones stretching out there ears.

As long as they're not ridiculously big, I think they look nice, but knowing 2 people who have them, I think they sound more hassle than they're worth. They take a canny time to stretch, you risk ripping your ears if you try to stretch too far too quickly, and when they ooze stuff, they stink.

So yeah, not for me, but each to their own. ^^;

They take a canny time to stretch, you risk ripping your ears if you try to stretch too far too quickly, and when they ooze stuff, they stink.

The smell is definitely the worst part. I clean mine three times a day because I can't stand it, but I've never considered letting it grow in. It's only a zero, so it would grow back, it would just leave a funky looking scar.

I had a nice big bruise on my earlobe from stretching it. I didn't do it the correct way, with a taper, I just kept sticking earrings in it until it was big enough to fit the plug in. That was before I saw pictures of what happens when you go too fast... I'm so lucky my ear didn't give out.

edit: ocd about grammar...

Edited by rainbowsmile

I have one piercing in each ear right now but I want some like Zero's. right ear and left ear

I'm kinda scared of gettin my cartilage pierced though. I heard it gets infected easily. My friend is thinking about getting something like this done which I think is kinda scary....

I really want my ears to be pierced again, but I need expensive hypoallergenic ones. =/

I have two sets of lobe piercings, one Inner Conch, one Helix and got a Rook two weeks ago <3

I'll start stretching the second lobe on my right ear once the Rook has healed, but not more than 4mm. And then I need to do something about my left ear. Two lobes just isn't enough.

I'm kinda scared of gettin my cartilage pierced though. I heard it gets infected easily. My friend is thinking about getting something like this done which I think is kinda scary....

Can't blame you, I'm scared just looking at that. I'd be freaked out about getting caught on things and having skin ripped out.

'Course other piercings give me the same kind of scare too...

I have the very basic ear piercings. First got them pierced back when I was 10, but they constantly became infected and were a hassle to take care of. I allowed them to close and years later when I turned 18, wanted them pierced again. Its tough getting earrings I like because many kinds agitate my ears and turn them green. Can't wear most for more than 24 hours. :/

I'm properly not going to get any piercings, might get the ear piercing but I honsetly dunno xd.png

Does it hurt after you take out the piercings out of your ear/body? I mean by much later on or anything?

I'm properly not going to get any piercings, might get the ear piercing but I honsetly dunno xd.png

Does it hurt after you take out the piercings out of your ear/body? I mean by much later on or anything?

No it does not unless you take it out before it heals (even mostly). Right after you take it out it wouldn't hurt unless it got inflected. It would just heal the hole.

~~~~~

I have nine piercings (five in my right ear and four in my left). My boyfriend likes them and I really don't see why people have such a problem with them. I think they have influenced my chances at getting some jobs but I wouldn't want to work at a place that judged me off my looks anyway. I'm done getting them for a moment. I'm tired of waiting for them to heal...it's the only negative about piercings that I have.

I have considered getting a tongue piercing but I like food too much.

I also have three cartilage piercings. They have the same chance of getting infected as other ear piercings. The only downside is they hurt longer and take longer to heal.

Come to think of it, if you have dirty hair then they might affect things.