smokeytripod

anybody into piercings?

....I didn't want to get my ears pierced the first time, I nearly cried.

Then, over a few years, my lobes grew shut. So I had to get them re-pierced.

....Same thing all over again.

x3; I suck.

For some reason I really really hate earrings. I couldn't stand them when I was little.

I'm totally uncool. I only have two piercings in each earlobe X3 The first in each ear that I got so young I hardly remember and the second in each ear that I got in fifth grade because I begged my mommy to pleasepleaseplease let me because I wasn't going to become a bad kid just because I had more than two piercings on my body and as long as they're on my ears its okaaaaaay!!!

... And now I want an industrial in one ear and snakebites :3 Cute little snakebites, though, nothing too big. The kind you would only notice if you were standing in front of me.

And I'd like to do corset piercings for a photoshoot or something. Those are meant to be temporary for that kind of stuff... so... Getting permanent corset piercings is a bit of a process, because they will certainly move more than usual piercings...

I plan to get many more piercings on my ears- I only have on in each- until I have as many as my mother, snakebites, and maybe my nose done. But that get's infected really easily, so maybe I'll give that one a miss... I can handle anything done with a gun, but I HATE needles. *shiver*

tongue

snakebites

a few earrings in my ear

I used to have a navel piercing, but I had to remove it during pregnancy and it skinned over dry.gif

I plan to get many more piercings on my ears- I only have on in each- until I have as many as my mother, snakebites, and maybe my nose done. But that get's infected really easily, so maybe I'll give that one a miss... I can handle anything done with a gun, but I HATE needles. *shiver*

Do not use a piercing gun. They are horrible, and completely unsanitary. No matter how many times you wipe them with alcohol, they will never sterilize like a disposable needle. All the experts speak against them, and no real piercing place has one. It's basically like using a syringe twice, except just wiping the needle with rubbing alcohol.

If you can't handle the needle, I don't suggest any more piercings. They are done much more safely with a needle.

Do not use a piercing gun. They are horrible, and completely unsanitary. No matter how many times you wipe them with alcohol, they will never sterilize like a disposable needle. All the experts speak against them, and no real piercing place has one. It's basically like using a syringe twice, except just wiping the needle with rubbing alcohol.

If you can't handle the needle, I don't suggest any more piercings. They are done much more safely with a needle.

o.o

Did not know.

/feels icky now

Erk... Um. I hope it was the wrong word- I meant the big thing they put on your ear, and it goes 'click'. But it probably is the same thing...

I can handle needles, but only if I can't see and they don't take too long about it. I used to hate them, but I got two injections in my arm and didn't burst into tears li I expected to.

First time I had my ears pierced, they used a gun.

My ears got infected like crazy, I couldn't even turn my head to sleep comfortably on my pillow.

Second time, I had a disposable needle.

Not even any discomfort.

I support this message here.

My Mum say's they're fine- they change the stud every time, but needles are used time and again. I don't know... She does have thirteen piercings, so I'm inclined to think that she knows what she's talking about. smile.gif

i was finally convinced by mom to get them, got both ears done at same time out of being a coawrd, i cried like crazy unsure.gif

My Mum say's they're fine- they change the stud every time, but needles are used time and again. I don't know... She does have thirteen piercings, so I'm inclined to think that she knows what she's talking about. smile.gif

Every piercing website and professional piercer I've been to say otherwise. Germs spread on an item. There's a reason that you handle every part of a syringe with gloves, even if it is only the needle that is inserted into the body. You cannot clean them perfectly, and you are putting your body at risk for infection because they have been used on possibly hundreds of people. You wouldn't put something in your mouth that's been in someone else's right? It's the same concept here. It's the reason I've never seen a gun being offered at a place that does piercings and tattoos.

Needles come in a sterilized bag, are used once, and then thrown away. With a wrapped needle, it's a guarantee that you are the only one it will be ever used on. The only other method of sterilization is open flame, which again you can't do to a gun because the gun itself is plastic.

I want to get some gauges, but since my parents are conservative, then that's impossible. I want to get a helix piercing, though, and maybe an industrial one.

all my piercings were done with a gun, which I didn't learn was bad until after they'd all been done. Luckily my mom owned said gun and it hadn't been used on anyone but myself and one sister. I've also learned that it's cheaper to go to a shop, 'cause my mom charges out the nose in chores. Easier and less work to just get the cash

my 3 year old sister just got her ears pierced, itscute but they are getting younger and younger with them..

my 3 year old sister just got her ears pierced, itscute but they are getting younger and younger with them..

better than an infant :l seenit

imo, any child under six or seven shouldn't be given or allowed to get piercings of any kind. What if when they get old enough to think for themselves they decide they didn't want holes in their ears?

What if when they get old enough to think for themselves they decide they didn't want holes in their ears?

Let them grow shut? |D

At least it's only lobes... Not like any cartilage or anything...

better than an infant :l seenit

lawl I know a girl who got them pierced when they were less than a year old. She says she can go for months on end without earrings in them and they never close.

lawl I know a girl who got them pierced when they were less than a year old. She says she can go for months on end without earrings in them and they never close.

I think it depends...

If I don't keep studs in, my ears grow shut pretty rapidly. D':

I went over a year without putting earrings in my original lobe piercings. They didn't shut AT ALL.

And now I'm making it worse because my new earrings are gauged |D

I have six in one ear, five in the other. The first piercings I got (just one in each ear) were done professionally-- after that, I just did them myself as I saw fit.

I've considered getting snakebites/a nose stud but I'm not really sure. I had an eyebrow piercing at one point but I got sick of it.

Edited by Resix

I've got two piercings in each ear (in the earlobe), and I used to have a belly button piercing. I had to remove it a couple of weeks after I got it due to a nasty infection, though. And I was so careful about it. ._.