smokeytripod

anybody into piercings?

except for the part where I'd never get a reputable job pretty much ever, I'd totally get snakebites...they're pretty...but since I really value my internets and a place to live, probably the most I'll ever get beyond what I have is the leetle tiny nose stud I mentioned on page one

except for the part where I'd never get a reputable job pretty much ever, I'd totally get snakebites...they're pretty...but since I really value my internets and a place to live, probably the most I'll ever get beyond what I have is the leetle tiny nose stud I mentioned on page one

meh, I got a job with mine. I just try not to wear anything that the other people can see while I'm at work. You should try that, and once work is over you can put the peircings in.

you've got to keep them in all the time, though, when they're new wink.gif and while I'm job hunting desperately isn't the time to get something new done. In the mean time, I'll survive with the little clip on lip rings

When I move out, I'm sooo getting snakebites.

Though for when I'm living with my parents, fake piercings. I'd just put them on out of home and take them out before I'd get back.

:/

hehe I forgot to take out my Fake Snakebites once...my mother completely went into an uproar until I yanked them out in front of her, then she was like O_O

x_x

...yeah

Edit: speaking of which, I just made myself a new pair out of six strands apiece of 32 gauge wire cool.gif

putting them in now

Edited by dragon_mando

I have 7 earrings, 1 lip, and 1 nose. I had a monroe, but I had to be in the hospital RIGHT AFTER I got it and ended up needing to take it out because my oxygen thing got caught on it a lot. I had my tounge done, but I took it out, for personal reasons.

I love piercings smile.gif

Although this thread has been bare for two months, I'll just give it a little ressurction. wink.gif

I currently have 8 piercings, not counting my normal lobes, and two tattoos.

I had two additional lobes once, but they were badly done with one of those "pistols" and not by a professional piercer but by a shop assistant at a jeweller's, and so they never healed and I gave up on them. I would recommend to anyone not to have any holes shot into their tissue but to let it be done by a pro with a "needle". wink.gif

I intend to get some additional lobes again in the future, this time by a professional - and one day I'd like to have some microdermals or dermal anchors as well.

So I guess you could say I love piercings (and tattoos). wink.gif

Although I found it terribly unfair when I was 14, I'm actually very grateful to my parents now that they did not allow me to have anything but lobes and two helices before I was 18. Practically all the piercings and the tattoo I would have gotten then would be seriously regretted by me now. Where I live, many studios won't even touch you below the age of 14, and then only if your parents are present to give their consent. At 16 they accept written permissions with ID copies of the parents... intimate piercings are not allowed to be done under the age of 18 in any case. Still, I sometimes feel that it would not be that bad if all piercings were only done at the age of 18, and if I ever have children, they won't be allowed more than lobes, helices or maybe a nostril before they come of age.

I have three piercings, all in my ears. One in the lobe of each ear, and the third higher up on my right ear. I'm not really planning on getting any more.

I got my ears pierced but they got all disgusting and infected, so I had to take them out.

Then I got them done again after they were healed and I've had them in since. smile.gif

No.

I had my labret pierced for a while but took it out for health reasons.. I did it myself when i was 12 and took it out when i was 16.

I have my ears pierced twice on both sized. I'm thinking about getting more done on my ears after i get done with school.

I had my navel pierced for 4 years but took it out because it was bugging me.

I had my nose done 3 times but the ring kept coming out.

I'd get my side lip done and nose again but my school refuses people who has face piercings and my boyfriend doesn't like them that much.

Getting one...

I thought about it, but decided against it.

I'm debating on getting my lower lip pierced. I have my ears done, just normal. I'm deathly horrible with needles and blood, that's what holds me off. I got my blood drawn for the first time today and nearly passed out - I didn't even look! (I'm 17, btw)

Here's a question - when you take out your piercings, such as a lip piercing, is the healed scar noticeable?

I really don't like piercings for some reason....I'd rather have a tattoo.

I think multiple earnings are interesting on other people though....I'm not fond of seeing anything else.

For people looking for a job:

There are clear studs made to not be noticeable...but you can still see them if you pay attention. There was this waitress at this job I worked at years ago who ended up with a nose piercing. The clear stud didn't work for the boss, so she walked out :/

I want either a lower lip piercing or a tongue piercing, haven't decided yet. Might get a second hole in my earlobes too; already got the one.

Piercings scare me so much. D:>

I got my ears pierced 2 Christmases ago. I'm never wearing my earrings again.

I have 5 in each ear, three lobe and two in the upper ear cartilage.

The top two I don't change, but i have a ton of studs , hoops and wired dangles, which I used to wear at work, but don't now that I'm not working dry.gif

None of the other types of piercing ever intrigued me much. I did once think about a chain from ear to nose, but never got around to it.

Here's a question - when you take out your piercings, such as a lip piercing, is the healed scar noticeable?

With all piercings, that depends on how long you had it before you take it out and on how your body reacts to wounds in general. I don't have a lip piercing, but the principle is the same on all body parts, with some differences with cartilage, of course.

The longer you have it, the more likely it is that a little hole or a scar will remain after taking it out. The size and looks on that scar depend on the way your body heals, basically. Some people get more "bulging" scars and others get very flat ones.

If you treat your piercing well, the scar or hole you keep after taking it out will be very inconspicuous, probably.

And as to needles:

I am close to fainting whenever I am given an injection or get blood taken from me. But somehow I can stand getting pierced quite well - just because I'm so much looking forward to the result. I usually don't watchwhile it is done, though. wink.gif

@Wookieinmashoo:

You definitely have a point there - and I personally do not have any facial piercings besides a nostril with a little green stone in it exactly because of that problem. Where I live, a nostril is almost as common with women as regular lobes these days.

Edited by Tiuvelin

Piercings scare me so much. D:>

I got my ears pierced 2 Christmases ago. I'm never wearing my earrings again.

My friend's sister had epidermal piercings on her collar bone on each side....she recently went to a concert, got in the mosh, ended up getting stepped on, and had the piercing ripped out. Strangely enough, she caught the piecing even though there was a lot of blood...and she was in a mosh pit...and being stepped on.

None of those things sound like much fun to me.

I only have my ears pierced, 3 holes in the left & 2 in the right. I'm thinking of getting another one in the left and an eyebrow piercing.

I'm debating on getting my lower lip pierced. I have my ears done, just normal. I'm deathly horrible with needles and blood, that's what holds me off. I got my blood drawn for the first time today and nearly passed out - I didn't even look! (I'm 17, btw)

I have my belly button done, and I took it out years ago and let it heal. It left a little white spot where the piercing was. I got it redone cuz it annoyed me so. I would imagine a lip piercing isn't too different from that.

When I was four or five I got my ears pierced, but they get infected and we let them close up. I got them pierced again when I was eight, and that's all I have. I'm eventually going to get more in my ears, and I want a lip piercing.

I always thought snake bites looked cool, I probably won't get them though.

I only have my ears pierced (just one hole in each ear) and I didn't get them done until my early twenties. smile.gif