TJ09

Donation Meter

This is the first time the meter's been visible to me - does it disappear once it's full, or was my browser always buggy?

Anyway, I sent a few bucks toward it.

This is the first time the meter's been visible to me - does it disappear once it's full, or was my browser always buggy?

Anyway, I sent a few bucks toward it.

I think the meter is sometimes "buggy". Sometimes it isn't there for me either.

I see this meter first time in my life.I mean I was seeing this pages about donating, but never meter...Oh, well, life is so strange... blink.gif

It has risen from the grave.... (I had to give permission for tj09.something for it to show) and is coming to steal forum threads until it fills its hunger.....

well TJ did say the meter is fixed, so it's save to say it was bugged and thus not visible to everyone smile.gif

I love how DC isn't like "Oh, you need to be a member (by paying real $) to access this part of the game." I love TJ, our donators, and our advertisers. Please keep it this way. <3

I am unable to donate, but I do like that too. I've seen minecraft servers where they bribe you to donate with rare items or access to special commands. Those people do not know what donate means. Or was it vote? Well if it's vote it's still bad cause they are still bribing.

If it was for me possible to donate I would donate a little cash to help keep the game running. Hey, if there was enough donators Dc could stop putting up ads, but that will never happen dry.gif

Edited by solarflare3000

I am unable to donate, but I do like that too. I've seen minecraft servers where they bribe you to donate with rare items or access to special commands. Those people do not know what donate means. Or was it vote? Well if it's vote it's still bad cause they are still bribing.

If it was for me possible to donate I would donate a little cash to help keep the game running. Hey, if there was enough donators Dc could stop putting up ads, but that will never happen dry.gif

DC runs with the money gotten from ads, if ads are taken off it would be donating only game

Edited by Hisa

Do you really need to quote that?

Yes as I find it showing others which post I'm referring to, that kind of question is unnecassery anyway.

But as what I was trying to say about your "if there was enough donators they could stop putting ads" -> then it would probably turn into donators only game, as in if you were a donator you probably wouldn't want the non donators being able to play without donating. I find the ads great way of funding the game, they are small and each time you click on biome or egg or anything else on site it refreshes the ad - gaining even more money. I prefer having the money coming from other source than just users.

Can't get the buttons yo work right...won't let me add an amount, is there another way to donate? Love this game!

You can try subscribing for no ads on the cave. its $5 a month if you pay monthly, but if you pay for a year its $50. here it uses paypal, i think.

I did finally donate to the site a while ago. Only a little, because as a broke college student, I can't afford a lot. But every bit counts. smile.gif

Well, I've been here since the middle of 2008, and I've loved this site more than most sites that I've been using... And I've been wanting to donate some for I don't know how many years (ever since I joined, if I know myself correctly), but never been able to (at first because I wasn't allowed to because of my parents, after that because I didn't have all too much money of my own)... But now I finally have donated some, it might not be much though, but it's a little. To show my thanks - for everything. And I hope that I'm able to donate some more and perhaps a larger amount of money later on this year, but until then, this will have to do.

I hate it when you have to pay real money to get to places in games. Really? This is why I love DC

I hate it when you have to pay real money to get to places in games. Really? This is why I love DC

I agree. I love DC because it is free. It depends on luck to get dragons, not on money.

I agree. I love DC because it is free. It depends on luck to get dragons, not on money.

Same. Ahhh.... *stretches out on virtual sofa* I can finally play a normal game without any stupid VIP stuff...

Luck, fast internet, multiscrolling . it's still fun to play and you meet nice people sometimes. Others you can report for cheating lol

I love the simplicity of DC too. If my mom would let me, I would donate. I play World of Warcraft, which is pay to play, and it's amazing, but a lot of that game depends on, basically, cheating. I know a ton of people who use real money to buy gold, which gives them an unfair advantage. On DC, I like how I have as much chance as the next person to get awesome things. I may not have a CB gold yet (my holy grail) but I still have a ton of my favorite dragons, easily caught and bred (Blacks and Gilded Bloodscales).

Well we're all gonna have to sort it out somehow hmmmm.....

PLEASE_READ_THE_RULES_BEFORE_ATTEMPTING_TO_POST_YOUR_EGGS - egg spam removed

Edited by rubyshoes

Same. Ahhh.... *stretches out on virtual sofa* I can finally play a normal game without any stupid VIP stuff...

*nods in agreement*

Yep, when you have to PAY to get things, it makes it kinda mean. I understand that it costs money to keep sites up-and-running, but come on, what about have the OPTION to donate, like on DC?

^^i never even use websites that require payment

It is so annoying... I dint think any should requireit, but have it as an option to donate