TJ09

Donation Meter

100%! WOOT!

Donations have fully covered the site. Thanks, TJ!

And why does it say "oops"?

The thread was re-created after the thingy was broken for a while, as far as I remember. So it's like, "Oops, but now it's fixed" xd.png

Yay! Now its full and DC lives for another year! biggrin.gif

It's a monthly meter, Avery. smile.gif

Yay! Now its full and DC lives for another month! biggrin.gif

%77, asking parrents to see if they'll donate some money as my dad wants me to even ask him if I can use my credit card. -.- Gess you know, money supervising. I just dont get it, he knows i one to not enter a mall and come out with no money. -.- Im always setting budgets everywhere. Ah well, hopful he says yes So I can be of help. smile.gif

(Edit, as I said Creadit Car insted of Credit CARD, i also had spelt credit with a A, what the fu? lol. A credit car! I wonder if they're a flying car that you fly though drive thoughs and pay that way to?xd.png) (Oh god....I pray our fuuture isnt that lazy.....)

Edited by AveryCF

I really wish I could donate, but unfortunately I can't sad.gif I love this site. Thank you to people that can donate.

I wish I could donate... But I can't, ~Scrollspam removed~ huh.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

TJ09 said: "There's certainly no need to apologize for being unable to donate. The primary reason I added a donation button is user request; as the first post says, ads are enough to cover costs."

T.J. has specified that DC will not become a site where there will be perks offered to donors.

Many users are unable to donate for various reasons, from not having a job, parents won't allow it, don't have a card, or can't afford to put money into a game site.  Although any donations made are sincerely appreciated, there is no and will be no rewards to people who donate. The only thing close to a reward for donating is a very sincere thank you.

Since this is a donation (not a purchase or exchange), please be aware that your donations will not generate a reward for you on DC.

If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to contact a moderator.

~Reminder~

If necessary warns will be given out for spam/chat in this topic. Please refer to the Board rules when posting.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Yay! This is really cool! I'm so glad this site is getting all the support it needs! I wish I could donate, but If I could I'd gladly support the site. smile.giflaugh.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

I'd like to donate, but i haven't got Paypal or American Express... :[

And a small question; how much (dollars? i don't knoe what do you use) it cost? The real price you need to pay to the site can run. c:

Edited by Arredie

did what I could - not as much as I might like, but every bit helps, I'm sure. I'll continue to chip in what and when I can.

(Add - just took another peek - up ten percent! way to go, all!)

Edited by twotrees

Ugh, I wish I could. Can I donate in Rupees?

if you donate via paypal it will change the currency to whatever the recepient is using, so basically yes you can donate in your own currency (unless you mean zelda rupees then you can't >3)

I'm so glad that DragonCave, although it is a beautiful and truly awesome site, doesn't require donating real money to get a certain thing in the game. Most sites be like ''Sorry, you have to donate real money to access this part of the game'' or, for example let's say it's a Pokémon site; you can obtain a certain Pokémon only by donating. I really hate sites like that sad.gif I understand sites need money support to keep updates coming and for maintenance, and sure, everybody should be thankful to donors for they donations even if they're little, but why do people which can't donate have to be in loss? Because most people simply can't donate money, some can't afford it to give money to the game site, some don't have a credit card, members of game sites are also children and they parents maybe don't allow them to donate money,... I can't explain how happy I am DragonCave isn't one of those sites smile.gif

Edited by BloomSara

I am confused. I know I donated money during the Holidays. And I imagine if there is any time of the year that people give, this would probably be around that time assuming they aren't strapped from other giving. Is the meter broken? I know it wasn't loading earlier, and is now at 0%. Quite ok if its being updated or being buggy. See, there are things our donations go to help fix! The Evil Greedy Meter with the Grinchy Scrouge Heart.

Thanks for the Great Holiday Events!

Edited by natayah

My lil sis and bro started playing this christmas too and they really loved it, so thanks so much for all the fun with the holiday events! I figured it was time to give something back, so I sent the few $ I had leftover in my paypal. I guess the meter is stuck at 0 though as natayah said, silly meter :3

Eta: Aw it moved now! Yay happy.gif Hehe

Edited by cannibalcow

I am confused. I know I donated money during the Holidays. And I imagine if there is any time of the year that people give, this would probably be around that time assuming they aren't strapped from other giving. Is the meter broken? I know it wasn't loading earlier, and is now at 0%. Quite ok if its being updated or being buggy. See, there are things our donations go to help fix! The Evil Greedy Meter with the Grinchy Scrouge Heart.

Thanks for the Great Holiday Events!

This meter is a monthly meter, so for January it is empty smile.gif

The previous meter was for December thus it is back to 0% now smile.gif

Love this site! Love it even more after reading how donations are just made out of the love of the members and not as incentive to get something in return. It makes me want to donate all the more and when I'm not strapped for cash, I definitely will. Thanks to everyone for such a great place here!

Thanks for explaining that. I always donate (when I do, which is usually monthly ), I always use various releases and events as they serve as mini reminders in the mid to late month. Which means I'm not in sync with it's normal update.

And to me its not a new year yet. I'm tied to fiscal years so until the holiday season ends and and we get closer to to Feb .... I'm still rocking out my snowfort .... its just irl right now and blockading most of my doorway.