TJ09

Donation Meter

I shall donate when I get my Christmas bonus. Right now a bit strapped for cash, but I love this site and I love how it stays free for everyone smile.gif

I would donate, but my mum doesn't trust anyone(sending money), i would donate to this game cause it is cool and i like dragon tongue.gif.

The donation meter went up 2% after I donated $3.00. I don't mind occasionally donating to DC, because I love this game and because it doesn't require the donation. Wow I did the math and that means the total monthly cost of running the site is $150.

(Lol I posted this a minute ago, then realized I was logged into my little sisters forum account... So I deleted it. She logged off of the main DC site when she got off the computer, but not this one. Ug I really gotta get use to the fact that she plays this game too now.)

Edited by Queen_Dragon_Rita

i would donate but i have to spend my money for christmas and the assisted living where i live doesnt really want me to spend money on a game. i may do it in the new year just to help out

I love how DC isn't like "Oh, you need to be a member (by paying real $) to access this part of the game." I love TJ, our donators, and our advertisers. Please keep it this way. <3

Agreed. I have so much fun on this site. xd.png

DC is the best gaming site around! it dosent force you to purchase upgrades for new dragons, the whole site is so amazing!

Thanks T.J!

Edited by talia100

I'm really happy DC won't have special perks for the people who pay money...I play another online game like that, and it's really frustrating for those of us who don't have the money.

i like that you dont have to pay money to get "special" dragons like some sites like to do. pretty much every other site says if you donate 10 dollars you get get exclusive special pets. dragon cave doesnt do that and its awesome and fair to everyone whether you are rich or poor

Reminder:

TJ09 said: "There's certainly no need to apologize for being unable to donate".

I wish I could donate sad.gif sadly the funds I get for going to school is low and hardly enough to pay my bills and pay for stuff I bring to school as well as school supplies like erasers. sad.gif I feel so bad.

biggrin.gif Asked for lots of Visa cards on my Christmas Wishlist so hopefully I'll get some and then I can donate a few dollars here, some at another site, and some for a greater cause. happy.gif TJ, I can't wait to donate! biggrin.gif And if I just get money instead, then I'll go out and buy a Visa card and donate. xd.png

Had a question, if one signed up for the no advertisment fee on the Cave pages, would that be factored into the donations to the site? (and would you be rid of forum adds to?)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Trying to decide/figure out how to donate. unsure.gif

Had a question, if one signed up for the no advertisment fee on the Cave pages, would that be factored into the donations to the site? (and would you be rid of forum adds to?)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Trying to decide/figure out how to donate. unsure.gif

No. That isn't a donation. That is a purchase. As far as I know, at present the forums are not included in the no ads subscription.

Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks Ruby, the money for add removal does go towards site matience etc though correct? (Thinking I'm going to split the difference either way)

Sorry to be confusing. blink.gif

Thanks Ruby, the money for add removal does go towards site matience etc though correct?  (Thinking I'm going to split the difference either way)

Sorry to be confusing. blink.gif

As far as I know, yes, it would go toward maintenance, upgrades etc for the site.

edit: Just wanted to add that Per TJ's first post: All money raised via donations goes only to DC (Mainly hosting costs).

Edited by rubyshoes

I agree that as ad revenue isn't counted in the meter, subscription revenue probably isn't either, although, yes, the money should all go towards site-related costs. :3

Oh the meter is up to 36% when I last checked it was at 25% go meter go!

It's 74% now from what I see ohmy.gif!