Evangeline

Alex Rider

Do you like the Alex Rider series?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone read the whole series?? I have, which is your favorite?? Mine is Scorpia. tongue.gif

On a scale of one to ten what would you rate the series?

A must read series if you have not.

What other books by Anthony Horowitz have you read?

I really loved this series when it first came out, in fact I think I once accidentally sat through an entire lesson without listening because I was too interested in Eagle Strike.

However I think that the series has really started declining, which started at around Scorpia (which is by far my favourite of the 8(?) books), although it didn't really set in until the most recent two, since Ark Angel was still pretty good.

It's quite sad to be honest, since like I say, the first 5 were all good books and Snakehead and Crocodile Tears have been a massive disappointment to my eyes.

As for reading his other books, I read the power of five (which so far has managed to continue being interesting, although we'll have to wait and see for book 5!)

I like the first four... after that I agree with Slim12, it starts going downhill. I sorta like the little gadget inventions which keep coming up..

I've read most of them and like them, but it kinda irks me how almost every single one of them have the same... um, plotline? Alex goes undercover, bad guys find out, sit him down and tell him their entire plan, he escapes, saves the day.

*shrugs*

Well, Shadowflame, that's kinda the point.

I don't think the books are about having good plot; I think they're about having fun reading all the crazy stunts Alex performs.

If that didn't tip you off, I really like this series, and Anthony Horowitz's other book and sequel, Groosham Grange.

I tried the Gatekeeper's series, and got through the first two, but for some reason I never really got interested in them, although I really liked the first's horror feel.

Yea I agree Slim, Crocodile Tears was not the best, however I do like the Snakehead a little bit. (It's kinda sad when Ash dies)

As to Shadow, soupnazi is right. I don't really mind the plot, I love Alex Rider cause the crazy things he does, and you don't know quite what Anthony will have Alex do.

Soupnazi, Gatekeepers is not to bad when you read the whole series. Give the other books a try. I just finished it up a week ago, and though I would say its not the best series it was worth reading. I almost gave up on the first book but my sis told me that it was a really good series so I gave it a try.

Crocodile tears made it annoyingly, long

Yea I agree Slim, Crocodile Tears was not the best, however I do like the Snakehead a little bit. (It's kinda sad when Ash dies)

As to Shadow, soupnazi is right. I don't really mind the plot, I love Alex Rider cause the crazy things he does, and you don't know quite what Anthony will have Alex do.

Soupnazi, Gatekeepers is not to bad when you read the whole series. Give the other books a try. I just finished it up a week ago, and though I would say its not the best series it was worth reading. I almost gave up on the first book but my sis told me that it was a really good series so I gave it a try.

No, I think they're perfectly good, they're just not my thing.

No, I think they're perfectly good, they're just not my thing.

ahh ok

What type of books do you like??

Where's the poll option for 'I didn't like it'? I read one complete book (the first) and stopped - not objectively bad, I suppose, but not my "cup of tea" smile.gif

These books were okay, but they were not anything spectacular. They were too much the typical plot line, and seemed to be James Bond for the kids with a kid hero who didn't sleep with every woman he saw. /shrug

I'd never heard of it until this thread. smile.gif

I read them all and enjoyed all. I just really did not like the Stormbreaker Movie.

agreed!

I just wish people would stick the the story lines when they base a movie on a book. it may not be a surprise as to what happens to those who read the book but it would be enjoyable to see what you have read with out the story being messed up.

agreed!

I just wish people would stick the the story lines when they base a movie on a book. it may not be a surprise as to what happens to those who read the book but it would be enjoyable to see what you have read with out the story being messed up.

I thought the movie was great; it had enough changes to shake things up a bit and leave me guessing, but it was also pretty faithful to the source material. Unlike the Spiderwick Chronicles. *shudder*

Can't wait for Scorpia Rising! The cover looks awesome, very powerful and foreboding, a red scorpion one a black background, no text, and apparently a major character dies. I really can't wait lol, I loved Snakehead and Crocodile tears (Ark Angel was my least favourite). I think this series is on of the few that gets better as it goes on.

I also hope that the book/series about Yassen gets written, he's awesome.

I kind of liked the Stormbreaker movie, but it could have been much better. I was confused as to why Sabina was in it....and why they changed some of the characters names. But I liked the music.

Edited by Shadowed-spirit-101

I can't wait for Scorpia Rising too!! biggrin.gif

I did like the movie, but at some parts it didn't "feel" quite right.

I wish they would have continued making Alex Rider movies. I would have liked to see Scorpia made into a movie. tongue.gif Most of the cast fit the characters. All in all I would give the movie a 6/10.

What irks me most about the movie is that Anthony Horowitz himself wrote the script (I think). I mean, sure, change a few things to make things realistic, but can't he at least keep the characters' names the same? Also, can't wait for Scorpia Rising either!

What irks me most about the movie is that Anthony Horowitz himself wrote the script (I think). I mean, sure, change a few things to make things realistic, but can't he at least keep the characters' names the same? Also, can't wait for Scorpia Rising either!

I assume that was either A: something that was decided by the movie... maker... people... and wasn't his decision, or B: he liked the new names better.

This series was awesome and one of the few fiction series I enjoy reading that doesn't have fantasy elements to them. biggrin.gif

Not sure which one would be my favorite, I love them all and would rank the entire series 10/10.

Didn't know there was a new book coming out. blink.gif CAN'T WAIT! biggrin.gif

Didn't know there was a new book coming out. blink.gif CAN'T WAIT! biggrin.gif

I can't wait either!! biggrin.gif

My favorite was either Scorpia Rising (read it a few days ago) or Snakehead.

Skeleton Key was pretty epic, too...