yelim0503

Books that left you all fuzzy inside

wink.gif I absolutely love fuzzy books, not the mushy ones...

So what are some books that left all warm, bubbly, and cozy???

I love the Redwall Series. I've been reading them since I was a kid. Mossflower is my favorite. I've read it over ten times. It just makes me smile. rolleyes.gif

I love redwall too! <3 I was gonna say that but then you took it.

The Cry of the Icemark series. Even though its an Epic battle series of wars, there are humorous bits in it...and always happy endings...smile.gif

@Yamielf: Ah, yes, the lovely Little Women... My mother's middle name is Jo, after Jo March. =)

Let's see... Hmm. Well, for me, Jane Eyre was an 'Awww" book, for some reason. Maybe because in the end, this poor girl got to be happy, even if Mr. Rochester is, erm...

Very, very special. And would not be ideal for most people, were he a real person.

*coughcough*

But yes. Jane Eyre. I've got others, but I can't think of them at the moment. *puzzles*

~Feathers

Winnie Pooh is super aww, though the second one made me cry at the end.. several times.

Redwall is often aww, but a lot of people die in them, so often the weren't so aww. Still an amazing series though.

I think Pride and Prejudice is kind of 'aww'..

I think Pride and Prejudice is kind of 'aww'..

O.O You mind-reader. That's exactly what I was thinking of posting earlier. No lie. *crosses heart and hopes to die*

Who doesn't love a happy romantic ending where everyone ends up where they should? And Mr. Darcy = win. *snuggles her tattered copy*

~Feathers

Who doesn't love a happy romantic ending where everyone ends up where they should? And Mr. Darcy = win. *snuggles her tattered copy*

I love Mr. Darcy. He is so amazing.

Another story I love is Much Ado About Nothing. I know it's technically a play and that it has some parts that aren't so fuzzy but it still makes me really happy when I read it.

Anything by Nicholas Sparks, or Nora Roberts. "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman, the short story "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings" by I-don't-know-who.

Fuzzy? I don't know if I ever felt that way about a book, really.

Maybe Lynn Kurland's fantasy Nine Kingdom series might come close?

Anything by Nicholas Sparks, or Nora Roberts. "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman, the short story "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings" by I-don't-know-who.

I love Stardust; never saw the movie, though.

I love redwall too! <3 I was gonna say that but then you took it.

The Cry of the Icemark series. Even though its an Epic battle series of wars, there are humorous bits in it...and always happy endings...

If you enjoyed The Cry of the Icemark (I did too), then try East by Edeth Pattou. It a fantasy that I have absoulutely loved since I first read it six years ago. It's another story about a young woman who is able to take control of her life in times of danger rather than reverting to the typical helpless damsel role. It's style of writing made me feel very fuzzy due to its powerful nostalgia. It reminded me of the classic fairy tales we all enjoyed as children.

If you enjoyed The Cry of the Icemark (I did too), then try East by Edeth Pattou. It a fantasy that I have absoulutely loved since I first read it six years ago. It's another story about a young woman who is able to take control of her life in times of danger rather than reverting to the typical helpless damsel role. It's style of writing made me feel very fuzzy due to its powerful nostalgia. It reminded me of the classic fairy tales we all enjoyed as children.

Oh, I *love* East! It's based on the fairy tale "East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon," and it's just lovely. If you're a geek about rewritten fairy tales like myself, you'd love this book!

~Feathers

"The Ferret Chronicles" were the fuzzy-est book I can think up right now, although I feel I'm forgeting something...

O.O You mind-reader. That's exactly what I was thinking of posting earlier. No lie. *crosses heart and hopes to die*

~Feathers

-raises her hand-

... what? I hate romance stories x3

Anyway, my vote would go to A Series of Unfortunate Events. The ending was what I had been hoping for- I didn't want all the questions answered, I didn't want it to be a happy ending, I wanted it to be true to the series. And it was.

And it was fantastic.

-----------

Oh, I *love* East! It's based on the fairy tale "East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon," and it's just lovely. If you're a geek about rewritten fairy tales like myself, you'd love this book!

I tried East (and actually met the author once), didn't care for it much. I prefer Jessica Day George's Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. Funnily enough, the main character would score ungodly high on Mary Sue tests, but she is so fleshed out, it all works.

And while it is a love story at the core, it's done in a way that makes even hate-filled cynics like me cheer at the end.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I'd have to go with "Fire Rose" and "Reserved for the Cat" both by Mercedes Lackey. Those books have come the closest to making me feel fuzzy. smile.gif

Oh! I love East!

I've also read Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow,

that's most probably based off the same series, no? But they were still very entertaining <3

For a second Star Girl, but then I was like, "Ew. It's romance." And then I stopped reading it. XD I hate romance. >_> Unless it's mild.

...WHAT. O_o Eh, I'll just shut up now. I'm making it sound weird. ._.

Oh! I love East!

I've also read Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow,

that's most probably based off the same series, no? But they were still very entertaining <3

They were based on the same myth, yes.

'Old Magic.'

Beauty by Bill Wallace (a children's book, a bit young for me to be reading, probably based around nine to ten year olds, and although it made me cry when she died, it was a feel-good book)

Full Circle, the last book in the Castings Trilogy. <3 I loved it. :D Made me tear up, too. x3 Gaww, the entire trilogy had warm, fuzzy bits. :3

"Stardust" by Neil Gaiman.

Stardust actually annoyed me though.

Instead of killing the bad witch, they see she's gotten old and they take pity on her and let some other guy kill her.

*sighs*

I liked the move better than the book, and that does not happen often for me.