RedWolfen

Monster Hunter Tri

Finally! The US/Canada release yesterday! I was fortunate enough to get a copy, unreserved at the local EB games location. But, it was by pure luck. The man at the store said, if he hadn't done some wheeling and dealing, there only would have been two extra copies, and I would have been flat out of luck.

I've only been able to play the game a few hours, because my brother is a moron, who refuses to share the system *grumbles* he and his stupid friends can go to their hosues for once >>

Anyhow, so far so good. I can't wait to get a Longsword, but.. I have to be HR, or3* or something like that. Not pleased =_= For now, Sword and shield.

I'm gonna get you..Barioth.

I just managed to pick it up... but my dad is using the TV and it's his wii. xd.png

Wait, what's wrong with SnS? Fast weapon, lets you run and use items while you have it drawn, and you can block with it. Trades damage for survivability. My favourite MH weapon class, honestly.

I'm not a fan of it because of the low attack. I rarely use the shield element of it though, I rarely think to, so that isn't much use to me. But running around with a torch is convenient. I've finally unlocked Longswords, the first one is really epic, it has Paralyze attribute! Just moments before I typed this, I managed to repel my first Lagiacrus! I also cut off its tail =w= So far so good.

I'm really enjoying this game, the controls were a bit weird to me at first, on the classic controller. The layout isn't like any other controller I'm used to. With the OK button being the "East" on the + like button setup (A B Y X) and Cancel being the "South". It`s always been the opposite, on my PSP, PS3 ect so that really took some getting used to.. Not to mention it screws me up when I play MHFU now haha. And the underwater battles are pretty cool too, at first I was thinking they'd suck, hard but I've changed my mind on that pretty quickly.

XP I can't tell you how many times that shield has saved me from getting punted across the zone. Tigrex roar sends my one LS friend flying, I just block and resume wailing on the puppy's face |D

I hate Tiggy's roar so much =x= I don't get how a roar can take down your health. And my earplug skill fails me. But, there is no Tiggy in Tri, unfortunately. I liked fighting it, even though I hted that roar. No Narga either, which was also a very fun battle. But, Barioth looks like fun, judging by the videos I've seen. I want to fight it really badly, especially because I need two spikes to upgrade my weapon.

If anyone wants help with just Monster Hunter Freedom Alfredo Has a group all about the game on goodreads.com, the group is Monster Hunter Freedom for the PSP

Edited by Amphitrite

I have freedom unite.

But my friend got tri, and said they did away with all the prey (gaiaprey, genprey, velociprey, ioprey), i was like wha?????

Yes, the "prey" lot are gone, a lot of older monsters are. Though Diablos, Rathalos, Rathian and a few other herbivores and cu hare still around. The Prey have been replaced by monsters such as Baggi or Jaggi. Personally, I prefer the Prey over those.

... No more prey?

I thought I'd be jumping for joy. Instead all that runs through my head is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" ;;

I officially hate Jaggi. I went out into Moga woods to slay a Rathian, I did with low health remaining ( CURSE YOU STOMPY CHEW ATTACK!) and went to carve it. Several Jaggi attacked me and I died.

Guess who got no carves =x=

Lol, i just Killed a Great Jaggi today

then it said to capture one

im done playing

Btw:Stock up on Exhaust Rounds

I went out into Moga Woods earlier, in need of some points, and I wanted to play with my new weapon. Killer Qurupeco, Royal Ludroth and Two Great Jaggi in one run. Yay for days switching over! Then I went out and killed the Rathian, and got my carves this time.. Still no "Queen's Spirit" to trade. Hrm..

I'll be gettting it as soon as I have free time and as soon as I have the money for it. Probably in like 3 weeks.

Off to kill Barioth soon. Just managed to get Wyvern Blade Fire. Had to kill/trap a LOT of Rathalos and Rathian to get it. But, it'll be worth it. I kinda took a break from the game, and played MHFU some more, helloooo~ G-rank!

I got this game a few days after the release. I don't play offline a lot anymore. Online, I'm rank 14, which means I'm almost about to kill the lagiacarus.

I got this game a few days after the release. I don't play offline a lot anymore. Online, I'm rank 14, which means I'm almost about to kill the lagiacarus.

That's epic. I can't get my online to work for some reason =x= So I solo everything.

Playing online is a lot more fun, and easier, than offline. The hardest part is finding a group of hunters that are nice enough to help you, or smart enough that they won't die a lot.

That's epic. I can't get my online to work for some reason =x= So I solo everything.

I see. I play online in MHFU using my PS3's network. Funny how the PS3 has a strong connection, and the Wii RIGHT NEXT TO IT.. Has nothing.

That's odd. I can get reception from my Wii when the internet source is across the house and a floor above the Wii. The online "story-line" is a lot different than the offline one. In the online quests, 1* quests include killing a Royal Ludroth and Querepeco. However, it is a lot harder to go up in quest star rank.

That's odd. I can get reception from my Wii when the internet source is across the house and a floor above the Wii. The online "story-line" is a lot different than the offline one. In the online quests, 1* quests include killing a Royal Ludroth and Querepeco. However, it is a lot harder to go up in quest star rank.

My Wii is across the house in the basement, which prolly explains the weak signal.

If I ever do get a signal working down there. I'd really love to play this game online. It'd be pretty fun, methinks.

I have a terrible habit of making an RP of every book/game that I really like, and I've already begun to think about an RP for this game.

Hummmm I'm just waiting for MHP3, it's going to be released in Japan at the end of this year but always a long time to wait for the rest of the world...

I would like to get Monster Hunter Frontier for PC, if it ever comes to America (or can be translated to english).

I've seen ad's for this game on tv. IT LOOKS FREAKING EPIC.

Question is, is it worth spending like, $80 on?

The graphics and dragons are amazing, though i'm wondering if the gameplay is interesting enough. I'm quite easily distracted...whats that puppy doing thar?...., so if the game isn't overly enthralling, i dunno if its worth half my pay going toward it

Actually, being easily distracted is both a benefit and a handicap. If you get distracted into killing more stuff, you get... more stuff. If you get distracted while the wyvern is after you, however... >>