heartofkavelle

The Sims

This topic is perfect for me!

I love the Sims 3, I've sort of gotten myself addicted.

((Whoops.))

One thing that frustrates me is how difficult it is to start a legacy, but that frustration is a part of it I guess.

Haha.

My most recent legacy is going beautifully, I have managed to keep myself from cheating.

<3

I don't really find starting difficult. If anything, it moves a lot faster than later generations that have several potential heirs.

I still REALLY like Makin Magic and hope they make another... That was actually my all time favourite game out of the Sims and still is!

I guess its the OCD in me, but I hate having nothing but a bed, a toilet, and a lamp.

It just feels... wrong.

Lol.

And I always limit my generations to two potential heirs each, just so it's easier.

That doesn't sound very much like OCD.

Anyway, I don't really have that problem? There are plenty of houses in each neighborhood that are fully furnished for the starting price.

Wait, okay. So, I asked this earlier and got an answer I didn't really understand, so I'm going to try and repost it for a clearer answer x3

Is it possible for a married lesbian couple on Sims 2 for PS2 to adopt children? I only do free play on my Sims 2, just so you know- I know it was possible to adopt in the story on Sims 1, but only my mother ever got that far in the game. x3

And to add to that, could I get one of my lesbians pregnant if I made her Woo-hoo with a dude, and then just have her and her partner raise it while I keeled off the other guy? (Or prevented him from coming back...)

I've done that w/ my sim. Except she just didn't have a partner. (hoe, and not the gardening tool.) lol.

Was it the game for PS2, though? Because I know the games are a lot different between PS2 and PC...

>>

I don't know, Haze, although I'm leaping to conclusions that it is possible.

Have The Sims 3 Pets pre-ordered. BTW, guys, I know this is kind of spammy, but pre-ordering the game for PC gets you the Limited Edition version. So go pre-order it if you want to. Except it doesn't come out until fall. *grumbles*

Can anyone give me an exact price on the PC version of Generations in American dollars? I looked it up but kept getting mixed answers. I hate Google. >< But either way, my mom said she's not going to get any more Sims 3 games for me, and I probably wouldn't have the money. So I just want to know for the sake of knowing, because I WILL GET GENERATIONS.

Oh, and I'm a little confused. As stated above, I don't have Generations, but for some bizzare reason I'm getting some Generations options. Examples. CAS--male body hair. Lifetime rewards--Clean Slate. Romantic options: Go on date. There is no way EA could've tracked my game because I didn't register it and mom pre-ordered on her computer, so I don't understand why I'm getting options for an EP that I don't have... ??

~Cavey

I don't know, Haze, although I'm leaping to conclusions that it is possible.

Have The Sims 3 Pets pre-ordered. BTW, guys, I know this is kind of spammy, but pre-ordering the game for PC gets you the Limited Edition version. So go pre-order it if you want to. Except it doesn't come out until fall. *grumbles*

Can anyone give me an exact price on the PC version of Generations in American dollars? I looked it up but kept getting mixed answers. I hate Google. >< But either way, my mom said she's not going to get any more Sims 3 games for me, and I probably wouldn't have the money. So I just want to know for the sake of knowing, because I WILL GET GENERATIONS.

Oh, and I'm a little confused. As stated above, I don't have Generations, but for some bizzare reason I'm getting some Generations options. Examples. CAS--male body hair. Lifetime rewards--Clean Slate. Romantic options: Go on date. There is no way EA could've tracked my game because I didn't register it and mom pre-ordered on her computer, so I don't understand why I'm getting options for an EP that I don't have... ??

~Cavey

You got the latest update, no?

That would have all the "new" things that were fixed from generations although you don't have it yet.

I think last I check generations was $40. It probably went down... *goes to look*

It's $40 for a cd, and $30 for an electronic download, on amazon at least, although that's usually a pretty good depiction of how much it is. wink.gif

I always get electronic download since they're easier to keep track of.

The only problem being that you need to backup your download files and then save your registration code or you won't be able to access any of your stuff after a year (it expires online).

I plan to get generations soon (next week if I get my paycheck on time) and then start saving for getting pets for my birthday (which is about 2 months before the release date).

I totally want that limited edition. @_@

The launcher says my game is up to date, but the updates I install are patches, nothing else. And anyway, the last update I installed was about a week before Generations came out. huh.gif

I can't do an electronic download, because those are Windows only, I've heard, and I'm a Mac user. So I need 40 dollars. Dangit, I was hoping it was less!

Pre-order Pets. You can use a credit card. Pre-ordering PC versions lead to Limited Edition. woot. Come faster, fall.

~Cavey

Updates are the same thing as patches. And you must not be remembering it correctly, because if your game is up-to-date, then there's actually been two patches since Generations came out.

Dunno if I ever posted in this thread, but I used to play the original Sims for pc. Back then I didn't like having to deal with multiple Sims at a time, so I'd only make one. Once she got so depressed she just curled up in a corner and refused to do anything D=

I recently got interested in Sims 2; my bro has the games on the home computer. I found a bunch of custom Sims for chars from Naruto, so I'm having lots of fun now xd.png

You might want to be careful with custom content, AAurion. Unsupported GC + CC = dead computer. I learned that the hard way. And don't download from the Exchange, it is super glitchy according to my sister.

Got Generations. Yay. ^>^ I'm installing it right now.

*looks at 7Deadly$ins and smacks self* That's right, I installed those. I forgot about them. Oops. xd.png

~Cavey

Do I need to use an online account to install plug-ins like Pets and Generations etc? Because I bought my game used since it was ten bucks but the previous owners already signed up with the serial code/proof of purchase.

Blurg. Alright, so if I decided to get Sims 2 on PC, how much does it generally cost? I really want a game where I can make a lesbian family that gets to have children (in some way...) and then grow old together and stuff.

T 3T I was thinking I'd also like to have pets, but I don't know if Sims 2 Pets lets me do all the things I want to... >>

Any recommendations? I don't have a whole lot of money, and I was also wondering if it's a game I should have internet for. (So, use my own computer that doesn't have internet, or use my mom's old laptop...?)

Haze, there are hacks to make lesbian or gay couples have kids by the Try For Baby option.

dry.gif I hate it when I get the exception raised blah blah blah errors that shut my game down. I got it just a few minutes ago. And just when a cute couple of mine had finished Try For Baby in the tree house, too. Didn't get the chance to save. Ugh. ><

~Cavey

I think Haze has the console version, though... It's a lot more cumbersome and difficult to hack console games than PC versions.

Anyway, Haze, I bought my copy of TS2 for a bit less than $20, and it was the Double Deluxe version. Pets adds... well, pets, but it also adds the ability to become a werewolf Sim. I don't think you really need an Internet connection to play it (unless you were planning on downloading a bunch of custom content), but even then I guess you could download it from your mom's laptop and then bring it to your computer with a flash drive or something...

I just hacked my PS2 version last night, actually x3 Lots of money~! Okay, so if it's not possible to HAVE children in the console version, can we still adopt? I mean, I think it'd be silly to not have something in the second version that was there in the first version...

Okay, so, Double Deluxe? Is the Pets pretty much the same thing, just with new features? Or does it take out some of the other features in the game?

Werewolf Sim would totally make my day.

What kinds of pets? I realize there are cats and dogs, but are there others...?

Edit: Okay, so I just got the "game hint" that you're able to get with the game access code, and it just talked about combining something to double the amount of skills or whatever... didn't really pay attention to it x3 Anyways, as the example, it mentioned a toddler. It was something like, "If you wear a Smart Cap and then give your Toddler Smart Juice (or something like that), then the Toddler will gain four times the amount of skill." Anyways... toddler?

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Smart Milk. Only comes with The Sims 2. Yes, there's a toddler stage. Pets doesn't take out features, although you might not like it. It contains dogs and cats (able to be selectable with a cheat) and birds and womrats (no controlling period). Children can grow up. I'm listing this all off the top of my head since I last played the game in March. xd.png

~Cavey