heartofkavelle

The Sims

I've been playing the sims for almost the entire time it's been out (the very first one). I remember playing it on my win 95, since it was the only computer I could put in my room. I remember when I first saw the game and I got googly eyes for it. Haven't turned back since lol. I've now moved on to The Sims 3. I think I have almost as much fun searching for new cc (custom content) as I do playing the game. xd.png

I wish they'd add pets and better apartment layouts in the sims 3 though! I liked how when you had neighbors in the other apartments in the sims 2 you could go visit them or they could start being noisy etc. Plus other apartments wouldn't show up as black nothingness! I hope though, if they do make pets again, they make them less annoying.... I hated when you'd be controlling one sim to do something (homework etc) and your dog would force your other sim to go out in the winter weather to play fetch for hours and almost die from hypothermia. -.- Or you'd be trying to do something, build up relationships blah blah and your dog would not stop queing you for fetch, treats etc.... It'd be cute if it was sometimes but not 24/7.

I have The Sims Deluxe Edition for PC, and The Sims 3 for pc, only problem is none of the computer (6) in this house have a video card that allows the computer to play the Sims 3. ;-; so I have it, but can't play it. Hopefully for my birthday, they will get a video card for Mom's computer, as hers only needs the video card, and all the other computers are missing 3+ components.

scuse me but... what exactly is sims about?

i got one on my DS about a girl at a hotel in the middle of nowhere...

but i never actually got what the game was trying to tell...

The ones that arent on PC are more like spin offs.

Its a simulation game. Hence the title.

sims 3 is pwnege.

I LOVE IT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BUY IT

PLAY IT

LOVE IT

GET SIMS 3 NOW!!!

lol

What Do You Guys Think Is Better And Funner? Sims 2 With All Expansions Or Sim3 With All Expansions Released??? Oh And All Newbie Sims Players DONT USE CHEATS THEY RUIN YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE! blink.gifmad.gif

Edited by Saif

Yeah, the cheats ruin it. Hey, if you get bored, here's a good idea: go on youtube and look up videos on the different ways they die. Did you know the colors of the ghosts change depending on how they die? It's flipping hilarious!

Yeah, the cheats ruin it. Hey, if you get bored, here's a good idea: go on youtube and look up videos on the different ways they die. Did you know the colors of the ghosts change depending on how they die? It's flipping hilarious!

Sometimes I use the Cheat Gnome to survive. (Because I have a problem with keeping my Hunger meter up)

Oh, like if someone drowns the ghost is blue? What else? I can't imagine what any others would be though. (Red would be a given, but I've never played any Sims game other than Sims 2 Pets.)

One time a burgler stole some waffles I left out overnight. xd.png

Thats not the only time a burglar has stolen useless stuff. They've stolen a broken TV, and a couch that gives negative moodelts. (I'm a mad sceintist)

One time a burgler stole some waffles I left out overnight. xd.png

Thats not the only time a burglar has stolen useless stuff. They've stolen a broken TV, and a couch that gives negative moodelts. (I'm a mad sceintist)

Waffle burglers sad.gif

What Do You Guys Think Is Better And Funner? Sims 2 With All Expansions Or Sim3 With All Expansions Released??? Oh And All Newbie Sims Players DONT USE CHEATS THEY RUIN YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE!  blink.gif  mad.gif

I beg to differ. I've been playing sims sense 07 it's quite funny to use boolprop to make Don fall in love with every woman in Pleasent view. then have Mortimer's daughter catch him cheating with his mother in law >:3

*coughs* ahem well most newbies wouldn't figure out how to do that anyway

sims 2 with all expansions is better than sims 3 because there's alot.png more mods for it. the graphics have a loveable theme to them and there's so much you can do (one word PETS)

Edited by Sorrowgrave

Sometimes I use the Cheat Gnome to survive. (Because I have a problem with keeping my Hunger meter up)

Oh, like if someone drowns the ghost is blue? What else? I can't imagine what any others would be though. (Red would be a given, but I've never played any Sims game other than Sims 2 Pets.)

Well, I saw an orange one, a purple one, and several others. I found all this out on a youtube video. I think this also applies to the Sims 3, but they have more ways to die, because you can make diabetics or let them light their own heads on fire xd.png.

Well I use cheats, but only when building, making machinima, or working on my stories. Other than that, when playing just to play, I don't use any cheats.

I've played The Sims since the very beginning. Unfortunately however, I've grown tired of EA's BS and how they've been borking the games, borking the patches that are supposed to fix glitches, and continuously give the customers the runaround. Outdoor Living Stuff is my last product until they can start fixing what they break instead of relying actual players to fix it for them [with the different mods]. The only reason I haven't returned OLS is because I lost the receipt and don't want to go through the BS of trying to return without the receipt. Might as well keep and install it and reserve my withholding of funds for future releases.

I miss Maxis and Will Wright. They did the games justice and they actually communicated with their fanbase. mad.gif

I have sims 3, and I'm seriously hoping they release a pet expansion for s3.

Pets was one of the more fun (and more frustrating) aspects of S2.

Unfortunately I lost my S2 set ages ago. >_<

I use cheats, but as rarely as possible. Only when I'm in the middle of having my sim write a book and he needs to refill half his needs. That would be my main complaint about S3, I think, that their needs fall down so fast.

Seriously, a regular person doesn't get drop dead tired in 6 hours, or need to eat every 4 (Unless they have a disorder, of course).

I really want Sims Medieval, but knowing myself I probably won't buy it for a while.

$50 is a lot for someone with my income to spend on a game.

Might try to convince someone to get me it as a b-day pressie though.

:3

Edited by Pink

I love the sims so much, I usually make a sim that acts as my right hand, and then I do what I feel like doing to the sims depending on how I feel that day, such as, if I feel happy, I will make my sim make friends and have a great family, if I am angry the next day, I would destroy the house and start from scratch. laugh.gif

I once had a magic legacy type thing, where if the sims were born with pointed ears they were considered wizards. I made a whole story about them, but then my computer died sad.gif

Other than that I love the ability to make a family from scratch then leave your mark in the neighborhood forever.

My Sims are all Hp characters. Well, mostly. Some I invented.

So Ginny is the thief. She is married to Harry. They have two daughters now, Lilly Luna and Molly.

Tom Riddle is a guitarist, married to Godric Gryffindor's daughter, has 5 kids including 2! sets of twins. (One set toddlers, and one set infants. The single is his teenage son.)

I bought a used copy of The Sims 2: Pets today. I noticed (not that it was hard to, mind) that the first disc runs very loudly. Like, lawnmower loud. My copy of Double Deluxe runs very quietly, but it won't let me play with that anymore... Is there a way to make it accept the Double Deluxe disc? Do I need to procure a better first disc? Do I have to deal with lawnmower noise from now on?

I bought a used copy of The Sims 2: Pets today. I noticed (not that it was hard to, mind) that the first disc runs very loudly. Like, lawnmower loud. My copy of Double Deluxe runs very quietly, but it won't let me play with that anymore... Is there a way to make it accept the Double Deluxe disc? Do I need to procure a better first disc? Do I have to deal with lawnmower noise from now on?

For me Sims 2 Pets gamecube runs loud too, especially when fast-forwarding. Ironic that both of ours were used though, maybe it's the disc? I assume you have the computer version?

Ohyeah, computer version. It's not the laptop, 'cause it runs anything else relatively quietly after a bit of reading. I kinda figured it was the disc, though- when you look at the clear side of the disc, it has like little black marks all around the edges of it. D|

The easiest way to raise kids and have everyone happy is to play another family until near the end of growing up. At least it is if you pretty much let them do what they want.

Funny story: I left Harry and Ginny to play with a different family, and when I played them again they had a new baby. And when I went to play with the Riddle's, Tom and Gabby had had a set of twins. (They now have two sets.) I LOVE my families!

Thinking of setting up a Firefly family, last name Serenity!

Edited by kingsdaughter613

So it turns out Pets runs normally after it loads. Herderp.

So I'm trying to make my current Sim a werewolf. I've befriended the leader of the pack and everything- the relationship is like 90 or more- but the thing won't bite me. I've heard you're just supposed to stand there and it'll nibble you. I tried that, and they started playing fetch instead. Wat do? o3o

I don't remember which Sims I played... It's old and for the computer. I had a bunch of expansions, like one for pets, Superstar, and just one called Sims Expansion Pack or something. I made my Sim famous so there were always people trying to come to her house, so I trapped them and made a little zoo. Good times.

I really liked the pets expansion because I usually started out with one Sim, so they always got lonely. With the pets, I could make them play with the random pets that showed up on the sidewalk xd.png

The bad thing about Siims 2 Pets is that if you trap people they teleport. :/ Edited by rainpeltstar

So it turns out Pets runs normally after it loads. Herderp.

So I'm trying to make my current Sim a werewolf. I've befriended the leader of the pack and everything- the relationship is like 90 or more- but the thing won't bite me. I've heard you're just supposed to stand there and it'll nibble you. I tried that, and they started playing fetch instead. Wat do? o3o

I remember the last time I played the Pets expansion I tried becoming a werewolf too, and I actually had my sim out in the winter weather every night all night long for about a week trying to befriend that wolf.

I think it only actually bit me after I stopped bothering with it.

Sorry I can't help more, I don't have S2 anymore, so naturally I haven't played it in a long time.

:\

I use the money cheat to move a new family into a custom built house and sometimes to get some of the study topics out of the way for practicality purposes like tinkering and cooking. Also for building, cheats are sometimes necessary to place objects where normally they shouldn't be able to go (putting more than one wall item on the same tile, placing props under staircases, etc.)

I didn't see anyone mentioning one of the main draws to Sims 3, or for me personally, which is the ability to recolor/retexture a furniture item without having to use a third party program or go out and find custom content for it. You can make the same tired old couch look different just by combining hundreds of different color/texture combos within the furniture editor. I thought that was a MAJOR improvement on Sims 2. It means you'd have less of a need to go out and find individual furniture sets that clog up your downloads folder, and you can easily make stuff match.

However I felt there are a LOT of limitations as far as hairstyles and personal sim styles are concerned in Sims 3. I was disappointed with the lack of choice there. Also disappointed that the developers didn't keep an option within the game for same sex couples to procreate. It's still doable with mods, but there's a complex process you have to go through, when it could have easily been incorporated into a boolprop command. But I suppose then they would have needed to create male pregnancy morphs as well and that costs Simoleons xd.png