heartofkavelle

The Sims

Same, have you seen the trailer? Amazing, I heard the game would cost $60...

Edited by mipuppy1

Yes I know right? I'm hoping its not true, and that it's like 30 dollars or something, maybe 40, I'd be throwing my money at them then.

The Sims stuff I normally get for around 20-40 bucks so yeah. I guess I never get it brand-new though.

Really? I got The Sims 3 plus pets for 40 dollars, at GameStop.

Expansion packs are handled differently. The Plus versions count under this as well because they are promotional.

Sims 3 retailed for $50, with the Collector's Edition retailing at $70. However, PC games typically retailed at $50 then and $60 now (at least with EA) so this is par for the course.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Oh! That makes sense now, I just checked how much it is to pre-order the sims 4 and turns out it's 70 dollars, well lucky I could choose between missing school and going somewhere or getting 110 for whatever I want, missing schools a pain anyway...

I haven't played Sims since the original one - had ALL the expansion packs. I'd love to get back into it with the advent of Sims 4, but remembering what a time suck it was to begin with, I'm very very afraid... laugh.gif

I had a friend that could kill her husband in Sims 2 by turning on the fire place, putting the couch directly in the fireplace, and have the husband sleep on it

Lol, really? In the sims 3 drowning or starving my sims is the easiest way to kill them, seriously in fires they are like invisible.

I really miss playing The Sims 2. sad.gif It's just too bad that it does not work on Windows 8, 64-Bit. sad.gif I tried all the methods I found online of making it work but none of them worked.

bump for Sims 4 discussion~

I haven't purchased it yet, mostly because I've watched LPs and it looks really vanilla right now. What are your thoughts on the lack of toddlers? That's the main thing that's getting to me. I loved toddlers in Sims 3.

Edited by Lila

bump for Sims 4 discussion~

I haven't purchased it yet, mostly because I've watched LPs and it looks really vanilla right now. What are your thoughts on the lack of toddlers? That's the main thing that's getting to me. I loved toddlers in Sims 3.

i personally am all up for no toddlers, but im really concerned on how the game is gonna be when they add them back in. are they gonna be completely different than sims 3?

sims 4 does not sound at all worth the cost at this point. they took out so much stuff i wonder what's actually left in the game. e_e

ive mostly seen negative reviews as well.

my biggest problem is the lack of create a style or that they couldnt even fit a flippin' color wheel in apparently. it feels like a huge step backwards.

Edited by Switch

I was shocked when I saw Sims 4 while out shopping a couple weeks back. I still haven't even played Sims 3! With the few things I'm reading here alone on how much they've left out of the game though, I may not even bother looking into it. I'm still very content playing The Sims 2, and honestly I don't think the franchise is ever gonna get better than that, not with the way EA is run. It's so depressing to see a previously creative and innovative series get stunted and turned into what it's become. :C

Love the Sims 3, play it quite a bit, I'm addicted to building houses and cool things. biggrin.gif Not really looking forward to Sims 4 though, I'll still with 3 and buy the add-ons while they're cheap.

I bought all the expansions for Sims 3 and I love it to bits. laugh.gif The way building seems to work in Sims 4 really makes me wanna try it out but everything else about the game seems like a huge step backwards. The removal of CAS especially really turned me away from the game. I don't think I'm gonna go for it quite yet. ^^;; Maybe once they've got toddlers back (and also aliens ;u;) and some more gameplay elements with expansions and the like.

I had all the original Sims expansion packs except House Party. To be honest, the Sims 1 was the hardest series of all the Sims. It was so much harder to make friends. I love how they implemented secondary traits to Sims 2 and 3 to compliment their personalities, like lazy sims slouching and active Sims standing upright and occasionally tapping their foot. Then the mean Sims would glare at everyone and everything. :'D

I loved the Sims 3 and was thinking of getting 4 but I saw some lets plays on Youtube and it didn't look all that great to me. Maybe it'll be more appetizing when expansions come out? Preferably ones with vampires. biggrin.gif

^ 4 has a lot of faults

For example. Sims 3 is the only mac allowed game :/

There is also no toddler stage and it goes from baby to child automatically

I'm going to stick to Sims 3 and buy all the expansion packs