TPishek

Forever Eggs

Which do you prefer?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What limit is there for freezing hatchies?

The limit is 10 freezes every 2 weeks.

As far as just having a freeze limit placed on eggs, there are a couple reasons why people don't like that. First, it makes it a lot easier for trades to be interrupted if eggs can be frozen instantly. (Of course, if Teleport were implemented, that would no longer be an issue...) Another reason is that there is then absolutely no effort put into dragon-raising, other than obtaining the egg--- and some people see that as a problem.

Yeah I agree that being able to freeze a egg is pretty neat idea but it is SOOOOOO easy to abuse. I agree that the eggs are pretty and want to keep some but I don't agree with freezing in general be it egg or hatchie so you would never find any on my scroll.

Another reason is that there is then absolutely no effort put into dragon-raising, other than obtaining the egg--- and some people see that as a problem.

Definitely don't understand this. There most certainly would be effort in dragon-raising. If you chose to *freeze* the egg, then no, there wouldn't be much effort. But in order to raise a dragon to adulthood, being able to breed it and name it and describe it, would still be the same amount of effort. That wouldn't change at all.

Having a frozen egg wouldn't give you any of the same abilities as having an adult dragon, so I really don't see that being a problem. People wouldn't *want* to just freeze eggs, because without adults they wouldn't be able to do anything else.

Definitely don't understand this. There most certainly would be effort in dragon-raising. If you chose to *freeze* the egg, then no, there wouldn't be much effort. But in order to raise a dragon to adulthood, being able to breed it and name it and describe it, would still be the same amount of effort. That wouldn't change at all.

Having a frozen egg wouldn't give you any of the same abilities as having an adult dragon, so I really don't see that being a problem. People wouldn't *want* to just freeze eggs, because without adults they wouldn't be able to do anything else.

iii dont understand what you are trying to say either, lol.

if the egg could be insta-frozen, then there would be -no- effort put into getting the egg on its own.

however if you have to get the egg through one cycle before it will stay frozen, then that puts some effort into it, and its the effort that will keep the ability from being abused, as well as to cause some attachment to grow for the egg for some users.

i imagine most folks would probably rather hatch their egg the first time they pick up a new breed of one, then freeze a later obtained egg sometime after they finally have their adult. i, personally, would probably only freeze my own bred eggs like i do with my hatchlings. this is mostly just a huge perk for collectors, so yes, i seriously doubt that there will be many folks who are going to want to do nothing but grab and freeze eggs. especially since there is a limit. (i could see it happening, though.. an 'all eggs' scroll.. but chances are that user would be multi-scrolling anyway)

anyway.. i add my support. would you be interested in starting a poll for this thread at any point, T?

Edited by ParticleSoup

anyway.. i add my support. would you be interested in starting a poll for this thread at any point, T?

Certainly... what should the choices be? I'm thinking

Which do you prefer?

User has to get the egg through one cycle, then it cycles endlessly User has to get the egg through one cycle, then it cycles with modifications (please state what) User has to get the egg through one cycle, and then it is frozen as a whole egg I prefer a different method of egg-freezing (infertile egg, instant-freezing, etc.) I dislike the idea of egg-freezing entirely Other (please explain)

Anything I should add/modify?

those sound like good choices to me.

wait to see if anyone else chimes in with anything though, as i am too sleepy to give much useful input at this moment, unless you are satisfied with it yourself of course. ;3

Freezing eggs would just mean an easy way of getting rid of those annoying CB misclicks I suppose..

But I still like this idea :3

Freezing eggs would just mean an easy way of getting rid of those annoying CB misclicks I suppose..

But I still like this idea :3

Well, that's the whole point of this idea-- to keep it from being an "easy way out" by making you raise the egg as if you were going to hatch it. smile.gif

I like the "raise it first, then it'll remain an egg" option. Do want. =)

Ooh, I love this. And, while the BSA is an interesting idea, I like it better as an Action. Definitely raise it to hatching time, than freeze forever is my choice.

But, do they still need to eat? I assume frozen hatchlings still eat. Perhaps the cycle of cracking could be modified slightly so that during the first six days of the week, the egg goes through the various cracking stages, and on the seventh the hatchling briefly emerges to scavenge food before retreating to its egg again, regenerating the shell around itself.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing the hatchling emerge from its egg. The fact that it would break out and then generate a new shell without any cracks or holes doesn't really make sense.

As to needing food, the hatchling inside the egg could slow its body functions, in a sort of hibernation, and conserve on energy, removing the immediate necessity.

Wonderful idea and I love how well thought out it is smile.gif

I've always been a fan of this method of freezing eggs. It makes it take the same amount of time as freezing a hatchling, so it would prevent people from just grabbing 10 eggs every 2 weeks and immediately freezing them (assuming it fell under the same freezing limit), and people would still have to put in at least some effort to get the egg.

I don't really care for the cycling though. I would prefer it to just remain a whole egg after it 'hatches'.

I wonder if we could just have a limit on frozen eggs (if we ever get such a thing) of one egg per species per scroll? It could be set up that once we freeze an egg of a certain type that we can never freeze that type again (maybe modified to allow all stripe colors), even if we abandon or kill the frozen egg. That would prevent it being used to clear the AP. Frozen eggs could also be unabandonable or unkillable.

I really don't like the idea of limiting the number of frozen eggs we can have per breed. We're allowed as many adults and frozen hatchlings as we want, so why not eggs? If this idea is used, it would still take a minimum of 2 days to hatch if incubate is used, which is exactly the same as freezing a hatchling as soon as it hatches. Therefore, it can't really be abused any more than freezing a hatchling can.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Its by far the best method of keeping the eggs I've seen yet!

The only thing I don't like about it is that we would never be able to get the bright pink or frill eggs (which were beautiful), but thats just a collectors quirk.

I think it should be an Action, like on hatchies.

I agree with not wanting the beautiful eggs to be cracked most of the time, but what about the magmas? The cracking stages are what make it beautiful! So why not have something like what was mentioned somewhere on page 1 or 2, where you can chose to stop the cycling.

In case it wasn't clear: You have my support!

If the idea to keep the egg whole after hatching is a good one, here's a thought: The hatchling is ready to leave the egg, so it does when the egg "hatches", but it becomes wild and you don't ever see it. Thoughts?

The hatchlings could, like right after they hatch, decide to stay in the egg and use some kind of magic to completely reconstruct the it. That way, they have already hatched, but you get to keep the frozen egg. But you'd need to do it the day of hatching.

Edited by Spritydove

The problem with that is that you get 2 for the price of one. Your getting both a hatchie AND an egg. Unless you mean something else...

If the problem is how the hatchie manages to stay alive, I think the egg description takes care of that:

Unborn dragons are actually ready to hatch early on in their development cycle. However, they choose to remain in the safety of their own egg rather than leave it. If a developed dragon is forced out of the security of its egg, it may try to run away or hide.

Since dragons can basically remain alive in their eggs forever, according to this, I don't think its survival is much of a problem.

Edited by Stealthypugs

The BSA should be something along the lines of, when you have atleast 3 hatched eggs it can piece back together one egg. to keep it a bit fair ^w^

A great idea indeed!

A good idea would be to add a option on if you wanted it to crack or not, with a cool down time of 1 or 2 days, like on page 1.

I triple support!!! *Raises both hand and tail*

EDIT:I will make a banner for this!!!

Edited by ritadragons

I've always wondered about having a certain time limit after something hatches, to glue the egg back together, or magic it back together or whatnot, to have a hollow egg on your scroll. smile.gif