TPishek

Forever Eggs

Which do you prefer?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I *still* don't see why regular freezing is so controversial when it comes to eggs. I honestly don't get the arguments about "killing the dragon inside" or whatever... I mean, freezing hatchlings doesn't kill the hatchling, so why would freezing an egg be any different? IMO the dragon would simply live inside the egg forever, kinda frozen like the hatchlings are so it doesn't get any bigger.

tl;dr (is that how you do it?), I don't get why something so different/complicated is needed when simple freezing would be so much easier.

I agree with that; the main reason I see for doing something more complicated is to avoid abuse for AP clearing. Which is why this version doesn't let the egg "freeze" until after it hatches the first time.

Both Hypnotic and I would like to say that we do not want the nocturnes used for this.

All right, I'll remove that from the first post. People seem to be leaning away from the endless cycling anyway, lol.

edited for verb-subject agreement XD;

Edited by TPishek

It's not 'freezing' they don't like. It's the word 'freezing'. Every other alternative is essentially exactly the same as freezing except with a different word.

I love the eggs. Especially with the new shading.

I think this is a well-thought-out thing and I totally support it. I've wanted to be able to somehow collect eggs for ages! biggrin.gif

But even though I do get the logic of the hatchling coming out from time to time to feed (because food supply inside the egg is limited, while it isn't so much limited outside, which is the difference between eggs and hatchlings), I would still not want the cracking stages... Like someone else said, I'd collect for the pretty sprites, I don't want a hole in them half of the time.

If we go with the must-feed-logic, maybe the egg could be replaced with an S1-hatchling for one day per week or month (like the zombies are visible all-day on every 31st), so it can go feed and then hibernate in its egg again?

And I would much prefer to have this as a general Action on an egg's Action Page to the BSA-solution. You can freeze every hatchling, you should be able to perpetuate every egg.

Limit should be similar to the Freezing limit (which should still be heightened to 20/2 weeks, but ach!).

Hrm. . .my only problem with this is that if I was collecting an egg because I thought it looked pretty, I don't want there to be a big gaping hole in it half the time. Does it necessarily have to cycle through the hatching stages over and over and over again?

I agree with this.

I love the idea of being able to keep an egg as an egg and the idea of it going through the hatching stage to begin with. However, once it had done it once, then I'd like it to stay as an whole egg with no cracks.

Apart from that, I really love the proposal.

With the always uncracked egg image and the idea that the hatchling never leaves the egg except occasionally for food and still having it crack once, it can be explained by saying it only cracked on one side and the baby inside turned the hole towards the wall so other dragons couldn't see in.

People would freeze neglected eggs like crazy. I dont fell crazy for this idea anyway, people might be lazy

I think this would upset the ratios.... if everyone freezes rare eggs.... they still count... but then again, people could freeze commons.... huh.gif

sure, the ratios might be bonkers for a little while, but it'll normalize again once the novelty wears off

People would freeze neglected eggs like crazy. I dont fell crazy for this idea anyway, people might be lazy

um no, they wouldn't - if you only can apply the freeze to eggs with 5d and over and you are limited on how often you can do it in a certain time span there is no way I can see that that would happen

um no, they wouldn't - if you only can apply the freeze to eggs with 5d and over and you are limited on how often you can do it in a certain time span there is no way I can see that that would happen

Thats a good point

I don't really care for the idea, but if it was implemented...maybe stone dragons bsa? Something like "fossilizing"? "Fossilization has occured and the egg will not be able to hatch." *shrugs* It popped into my head.

...I don't think I would do this.

<3 for the detail put into this idea - I love when the implementation issues are all laid out for consideration already, wall of text or no.

Anyways - I support the general idea of what Lastalda said, but I'd rather be able to see the hatchlings more often and more randomly. Perhaps every day for one hour the frozen egg would be a s1 hatchling, the hour before that it would be an egg with a small hole (which preserves most of the egg surface but is still obviously a hole), and for the rest of the day it would be an uncracked egg?

Also, I think the perpetuate action limit should be the same as the hatchling freezing limit (10/2 weeks) if an "action", once per two weeks cooldown if a BSA.

ETA: clarity

Edited by kadoatie

Hmmm...I like the idea...what about Daydream dragons, if it's wanted for a BSA? Just putting my thoughts in- not seriously talking about anything, so please don't kick me, but I think they have one of the laziest descriptions, and it also makes sense, because, say, a daydream could give an unborn hatchling daydreams, therefore making it not want to come out except to eat.

idk. Just an idea.

I don't know if that would work for Daydreams... I'd def. want Lythiaren's input on that before I suggested it. However, I do know that there is already a BSA planned out for Daydreams, which Lyth supports, called Shroud-- it hides groups of dragons on your scroll in a cloud.

I don't know if that would work for Daydreams... I'd def. want Lythiaren's input on that before I suggested it. However, I do know that there is already a BSA planned out for Daydreams, which Lyth supports, called Shroud-- it hides groups of dragons on your scroll in a cloud.

It there a link that talks about BSAs? I mean the ones TJ and the spriters are thinking about?

This would be so bad. Then people can have 100% stages instead of using the wiki.

This would be so bad. Then people can have 100% stages instead of using the wiki.

Why is that bad?

I think it'd be cool if we could freeze the eggs like we freeze hatchlings.

So they stayed the same, no matter what, and it happened immedietly. I really don't like the idea of it cycling endlessly through the cracking stages. I just..don't. I'm wierd like that I guess. x3

Also, I'm a major collector on DC. My scroll goal is to get two adults, one of each gender, and two frozen hatchlings, one of each gender. Unless, of course, it's a holiday that only allows you to have two total. In which I let one mature, and the other I freeze. ANYWAY (gettin' off track here XD), I think it'd be a neat idea if we added a frozen eggie. For me, it would be a collector's piece. Maybe for others, it would be if they liked that specific egg or some other reason.

In conclusion, I agree. I'd just change some of the ways it worked. :)

I think it'd be cool if we could freeze the eggs like we freeze hatchlings.

So they stayed the same, no matter what, and it happened immedietly.

The only trouble with this is that people would abuse it. It would be used to instantly clear the AP/cave, and it wouldn't require any effort on the part of the owner. (Unless you count getting the egg in the first place.)

Hatchling-freezing has a limit. Give egg-freezing a limit and you won't have the abuse.

I don't understand why there's so many nay-sayers about this. We already have hatchling freezing, this isn't that different.

Hatchling-freezing has a limit. Give egg-freezing a limit and you won't have the abuse.

I don't understand why there's so many nay-sayers about this. We already have hatchling freezing, this isn't that different.

I dont know either

however, i need it to freeze it a no crack stage.

What limit is there for freezing hatchies?