Fansite Overview Project

List of Active Fansites

Update time. Claiming the Automated Personal Forums Moderated Forums Blogs Non-English post, to start. Will edit this post as I go.

Automated:

* Hatching Your Dragons link updated

* Valley Sherwood's ER-add is fixed

* Dragon Cave Mansion has a scroll name mass-add option

* Egg Rescue HQ now allows users to remove their dragons

Forums -- Personal Posting:

* No changes. Just going for an activity check, at this point, rather than a feature check. Will try to come back for that later.

Forums -- Moderated Posting:

* Jellified Dragons moved to Inactive

*** The Moderated "M" seems to be flaking. Hopefully it'll sort itself out like others have in the past. If not, someone remind me later and I'll upload a new copy.

*** Should we combine the two forum posts, now that they're both so much shorter than when we started?

Blogs:

* None removed, but several are very borderline list-worthy

* Random_Dragons moved back into the main list

Click Exchanges, etc:

* Nothing to check

Non-English, etc:

* Dragon Cave Forum seems to have a new link

*** Neglected Madness seems to have switched to requiring registration. Do we keep it, as an alternate language about NDs, or delete it since it's registration, and we've been deleting the English register-to-view sites?

Skipped Gaia like usual. I think that covers the basics for the rest, though. Anything else I missed?

Edited by Fansite Overview Project

Name of fansite: Lunar Cave

Link to fansite: http://lunarmystic.com/Cave/

Link to DC forum thread (if any):

Type of fansite: Self Maint Hatch.

Registration required?: No

Is there an ER?: Yes 73 hrs or less

Notable features: Auto Remove adults

Any extras?: Add adults to Cave and Add Scroll to cave for random views.

Hiya, I've made one.

Name of fansite: Don't Let the Dragons Die!

Link to fansite: http://dont-let-the-dragons-die.tk/

Link to DC forum thread (if any): http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=116941

Type of fansite: Manual (you post the eggs on the forums)

Registration required?: Other - Not required to view and reply in some areas, required to create topics. Required to reply too in other areas.

Is there an ER?: Yes, 4 days or less.

Notable features: The general chat section is for chatting, answering questions and RPs, as long as it's to do with DC.

Any extras?: No

Edited by Madeleine1291

Dragon Escape seems to have fallen over sad.gif

Dragon Escape seems to have fallen over sad.gif

Interesting how the homepage still works, even while the add dragons page redirects (about 6 times, at that!) with the claim that the site is gone. In any case, that place has been such an unmaintained mess for so long now, I'm surprised it's "lasted" for this long. It's off the list now (with the info in a PM in case it's needed again for some reason).

I'll check the two new sites and get them listed soon.

Sorry for the double post.

The list has been updated to include notes about which (automated) sites are still having trouble with 5-character codes, and also to show which lock-related features (only scroll stat banners, I think?) are updated for the new limits.

Lunar Cave and Don't Let the Dragons Die (registration seems to be required for all posting, even in supposedly open topics) have also been listed.

bbik

Jaemeia should work with the new 5-digit codes now.

There is also now a button beside each entry that allows for removal of hatchies from the egg section and adults from the hatchie section.

Lunar cave now has full breed info on all dragons including the new releases and updated yesterday with BSA information.

Removed EDS from the list. sad.gif It's been a week now, with no indication anything is happening. Hopefully this'll help reduce some of the confusion about the site's status, too. Info is in a PM in case it ever gets fixed.

ERHQ is still on the list since there have been posts that a fix will be coming. If there is still no progress in another week or so, perhaps time to pull that one until it's fixed, too.

Where are we supposed to put up our dragon adoptables. I was told to come here, but now I am very confused.

Hm, I looked around for a form that allows for corrections... but couldn't find any. So I hope a free-style post will be acceptable?

Regarding "Layers and Lairs of Dragons", the breed section has been recently updated to include all the current dragons. The info about this site is on the Manual viewing / Click to view page, and I believe its the fourth entry on this thread. I hope that's enough info to find it. There is also a RP section, its just not visible to guests.

Thanks for updating it!

Dragon Cave Focus is down.

It's working for me.

Name of fansite: Green Dragon Cave Hatchery

Link to fansite: Here

Link to thread on DC forum (if any): None yet

Type of fansite: Hatchery/Daycare

Registration required?: No.

Is there an ER?: Yes.

Notable features: You have to copy and paste the link to the shoutbox, then copy and paste other's links to your address bar. Then, view the egg/hatchling and you're ready to go!

Any extras?: Has a chatbox. A forums will be added soon.

This post will be edited frequently.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifuser posted image

HEY CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE GIVE MY EGG CLICKS!!!!

IF THE POST SAYS SOMETHING LIKE USER POSTED IMAGE THEN I'M SO SORRY IT IS MY BBCODE!!!! sad.gifsad.gif

Edited by DragonsRock33

You're not allowed to post your eggs on the forums DragonsRock33. Any other forum is fine, but on on the DC forum.

It's considered Eggspam and can get you into trouble.

Try putting them in some of the fansites mentioned above. They'll help your dragons grow. :3

Edited by Onyx-Dragoness

Link to fansite: Here

Link to thread on DC forum (if any): None yet

Registration required?: No.

Is there an ER?: Yes.

Notable features: You have to copy and paste the link to the shoutbox, then copy and paste other's links to your address bar. Then, view the egg/hatchling and you're ready to go!

Any extras?: Has a chatbox. A forums will be added soon.

This post will be edited frequently.

What link to what shoutbox ?

What link to what shoutbox ?

If you go to the homepage of the fansite given, you'll see two shoutboxes, one under Daycare and one under ER. I suspect the owner means that you copy and paste the view link to your dragons into the shoutbox, so that others can take those links and view the dragons.

Name of fansite: Linked Scales Hatchery Haven

Link to fansite: http://linkedscales.host56.com Here

Link to thread on DC forum (if any):

Type of fansite: Self-serve

Registration required?: No

Is there an ER?: Yes

Notable features: Easy copy&paste hatchery to add your dragons.

Any extras?: Will soon have a community chat center.

Edited by JayWanderer

Name of fansite: The Dragon Cave Hatchery

Link to fansite: http://thedragoncavehatchery.wetpaint.com

Link to thread on DC forum (if any): http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=119489

Type of fansite: Moderated Dragon Posting

Registration required?: Yes

Is there an ER?: Yes (powered by Jaemeia)

Notable features:

-Contains info on raising dragons, BSA's, breeding compatibility, and overall general info.

-Each user has a page set up for them that links to their scroll. Users submit their scroll link and anything else they'd like to appear on their page to the admin, who creates the page for them.

Any extras?:

-Has a forum which allows other adoptables and rping.

-The Hatchery also links to other Dragon Cave click/fan sites.

-We allow users to submit personal lineage projects.

This used to be listed. I'm not sure why it isn't any more so...

Name of fansite: Egg Drop Soup

Link to fansite: Egg Droup Soup

Link to thread on DC forum (if any): Forum Thread

Registration required?: No, just add your scroll.

Is there an ER?: Automatic ER (less than 12 days)

Notable features: Inbred Check feature for a code, Inbred Check to see if potential offspring of any number of codes will produce an inbred egg, Scroll Statistics

Any extras?: List of Interesting Codes

All 4- and 5-letter words taken from the Official Scrabble Player's Dictionary 4

It's been falling over a lot recently, and no-one can contact the owner, is probably why. It got to the stage it was mislisting 5-digit codes....

Finally updating stuff, only a little bit delayed.

Regarding "Layers and Lairs of Dragons", the breed section has been recently updated to include all the current dragons. There is also a RP section, its just not visible to guests.

Updated the breed guide info. Left the RP section off, however, since this whole thread is based on info visible to non-members, both since that's what they'll see if they consider joining, and because that's what's verifiable by thread mods when we add/update listings.

Name of fansite: Linked Scales Hatchery Haven

Name of fansite: The Golden Hatchling

Name of fansite: The Dragon Cave Hatchery

Added/Relisted.

This used to be listed. I'm not sure why it isn't any more so...

Name of fansite: Egg Drop Soup

Mostly what fuzzbucket said. It wasn't working with 5-char codes for an extended period, there was no indication it would be fixed, its inclusion in the list was causing confusion, then it went down entirely still with no status updates, and has since been up and down quite a bit. Relisted, but if it stays so unstable, I'll probably add a note warning about that, as well. We'll see how it goes.

Also updated AoND to list the Inbred Checker, deleted the (long-ago-fixed) warning about 5-char codes for ERHQ, and a few other small things I've forgotten. Anything I missed?