Fansite Overview Project

List of Active Fansites

@SamoZ Posting your scroll here won't help you. You need to go to the individual fansites and follow the directions for that fansite to list your eggs/hatchlings. If you need help figuring out things about the site, you can ask for a mentor here:

Fansite images - I'll see how many of the banners I have stashed, now.... Someone DOES update at times.

NOt many - sorry: AoNDHatchery.gif.1cfa9676de1ef06d398c4c69b3446235.gifAoNDScrollStats.gif.afec3899f4ad4beaa96a0e9ab9fdbb6a.gifbig.png.4f4f31b724a5b753d6e82d256f550ffc.png

dang what happened to tinypic? this is making the list difficult to navigate. any chance it'll get fixed?

Any chance of getting all those Tinypic links removed from the first page? It's making the posts awful to try to read.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

On 11/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Any chance of getting all those Tinypic links removed from the first page? It's making the posts awful to try to read.

I've real quick run through and removed them all, but to be honest I've been meaning to re-do this thread for absolute ages. It's overly long, hard to read and follow, and in my opinion laid out really weird.

And now the weird image keys I never liked are gone, making it even more confusing.

I just haven't had time to re-do it. I'm absolutely open to help if anyone wanted to tackle it. I'd rather just nuke this one and start a new one.

7 hours ago, Kaini said:

I've real quick run through and removed them all, but to be honest I've been meaning to re-do this thread for absolute ages. It's overly long, hard to read and follow, and in my opinion laid out really weird.

And now the weird image keys I never liked are gone, making it even more confusing.

I just haven't had time to re-do it. I'm absolutely open to help if anyone wanted to tackle it. I'd rather just nuke this one and start a new one.

Making a new one sounds like it could be a good idea :) A fresh start with all the updated information could be really helpful! I wish I could be of use but my knowledge of hatchery stuff is very limited - that's why I was in the thread in the first place ^_^; But if I can be of any help don't hesitate to let me know!

On 11/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, Kiru said:

dang what happened to tinypic? this is making the list difficult to navigate. any chance it'll get fixed?

Tinypic is gone, so anything that was hosted there is also gone. There's nothing anyone can do!

On 12/1/2019 at 3:47 AM, Kaini said:

I'm absolutely open to help if anyone wanted to tackle it.

How? Do you have access to the project account or would one need a new one? Or would one just PM you a prettier version for you to copy/paste?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

As a mod, I imagine kaini could edit, but a new thread would be better.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As a mod, I imagine kaini could edit, but a new thread would be better.

I KNOW that a mod could, but they asked for help so I wondered how a NON-MOD would do that.

Sorry. I assumed the help needed was checking which were still functional, and if any of their advertised features had gone pear shaped.

What happened to PetHatchery?It was really convenient as I could click on individual dragons, without leaving the site. But it is so empty since holiday breeding had started.

I have a question here: i want to start my own dragon cave fansite where i translate in my mother language (italian) all dragon descriptions and events to make new italian players more confortable to start playing. would i be allowed to post dragon cave art (with the proper reference and always liked to the game)? I ask this because in the spriter art usage topic they are pretty specific about what can and can be not posted outside dc official forum. 

I wonder is such retristrictions apply to fan sites aswell which only pourpose is to publicize the game even more. 

Fansites are off forum, whether or not they advertise it. For safety - and as a matter of courtesy - I would ask every spriter whose art you want to use. The alternative would be simply to post text  in Italian which links to the cave images. Or to the wiki.

On 4/18/2010 at 9:01 PM, Fansite Overview Project said:

Manual viewing / Click to view

All sites require registration unless otherwise specified.

Forum-based Sites

Moderated Dragon Posting:

Only has moderated (non-ER) dragon posting threads where dragons are requested to be added.

The Dragon Keepers ( forum thread )

• Assorted Guides: Specifics TBD

• Other specifics TBD

Lairs and Layers of Dragons ( forum thread )

• Thread. Under 3.5 days

• Assorted Guides: Softshell, Breeds, Trading, FAQ, etc.

• Gift section

Registration required to view

• Individual 'lairs'

• Other adoptables

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inactive / To-Be-Deleted Sites:

These fansites do not have any recent postings within a month. They will be deleted a week after the date of removal from the main list, if the inactivity should continue.

None as of May 6, 2014.

Last full feature check by lilyice on March 30, 2011.

Last activity check by bbik on May 6, 2014.

please remove this site from the list

thedragonkeepers.proboards.com

Name of fansite: DragCave Comm

Link to fansite: https://www.pillowfort.social/community/DragCave

Link to thread on DC forum (if any): N/A

Type of fansite: Blog/Forum

Registration required?: Yes (only to post)

Is there an ER?: No

Notable features: Intended to be a DC-related creative discussion area as well as a secondary hub for trades and source of egg views.

If anyone wants a Pillowfort invite to join I'd be willing to PM one, I'm drowning in them (but open reg should be online by the end of the year if you don't want to bother, according to site devs).

Unfortunately Silvi's Lair is not working properly. You can post eggs but you can't see them, just these little arrow- like thingees.

It has happened before so I assume it will be resolved soon.

On 6/27/2021 at 9:13 PM, The Dragon Alchemist said:

Unfortunately Silvi's Lair is not working properly. You can post eggs but you can't see them, just these little arrow- like thingees.

It has happened before so I assume it will be resolved soon.

If a site is not working properly, and it is a temporary issue (and this is the most likely scenario for a long-running hatcheries), the best way to report an issue so that the site owner sees it is to post under the individual thread for that fan site so that the operators of the site can fix the issue. I believe according to the thread for Sylvi’s Lair that they have been working on fixing an issue.

As the person who started this thread - it was always meant to be a living thing, reflecting the needs of the user base at the time. Back then, this was way way better than anything we had. 😉

If nuking it and starting over is what feels like a good thing - go for it! 👍

@Kaini If you would like access to the project account to do this, shoot me a PM. I still have the access data.

The whole idea behind using a project account at all was to make the work share-able and to be able to hand this over to new generations of users so it doesn't have to be replaced from scratch all the time someone drops out.

I'm not active anymore, but PMs still reach me if anyone needs anything.

Edited by Lastalda

Please, wait a minute!!!!!!   Lastalda,  you replied to a post that's  a year old.  I use Silvi's regularly and it works fine.  Please don't do anything hasty and risk upsetting this site which is such a great asset to the Dragon Cave members.

7 hours ago, Lastalda said:

As the person who started this site - it was always meant to be a living thing, reflecting the needs of the user base at the time. Back then, this was way way better than anything we had. 😉

If nuking it and starting over is what feels like a good thing - go for it! 👍

@Kaini If you would like access to the project account to do this, shoot me a PM. I still have the access data.

The whole idea behind using a project account at all was to make the work share-able and to be able to hand this over to new generations of users so it doesn't have to be replaced from scratch all the time someone drops out.

I'm not active anymore, but PMs still reach me if anyone needs anything.

You mean this thread? I'd like access to the project account if you can. I'll DM you. I can edit the posts, but it might be easier to re-make the thread entirely.

@Stormcaller They mean this thread I think, not Silvi's.

Yes, of course this means this thread. 🙂 Sorry for the bad wording.

I have neither the power nor the wish to interfere with any fansites! 😉

Edited by Lastalda