Fansite Overview Project

List of Active Fansites

I'm beyond pissed that EATW has been shut down. It was my favourite site for adding my eggs, along with Egg Drop Soup. Now I'm trying to add to other sites but my eggs aren't getting the same amount of views. I hate that someone ruined this site for those of us who used it and loved it.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:47 AM, Ext3h said:

EATW is gone forever.

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

Seems I missed quite a bit of excitement! o.o I am very sad to hear that this has happened. I will certainly miss EATW. 

I've looked around for some answers. I apologize if this has been answered; I didn't see it. 

Are there any sites that do the same kind of looks at a scrolls statistics? Mainly, all cb dragons on a scroll? Or perhaps the dragons with the most progeny? 

21 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Are there any sites that do the same kind of looks at a scrolls statistics? Mainly, all cb dragons on a scroll? Or perhaps the dragons with the most progeny? 

Allure of NDs will show the AMOUNT of CBs on a scroll and probably give you the #1 dragon with the most progeny, but it won't give you a list of all your CBs or a list of your top dragons with progeny. 

On 1/11/2018 at 11:10 PM, DuskoftheDerps said:

RIP EATW. Gone but not forgotten.

Beautiful fanart. What a fitting tribute.

Oh man, who does something like that? And they spent actual money to do it? Just...why? What a colossal loser. So disappointing.

It took me a while to get fully into the loop on this (I was vaguely aware of some viewbombing problem last month and noticed EATW wasn't working, since it's the only site I used, but I assumed it was temporary until I tried to use it today and found the entire site gone). I guess I was just super lucky to not have any dragons affected by the viewbombing, but I will sorely miss EATW. I never had any sick dragons or any problems at all with that site; it always worked like a charm. Now, having to use another one, they get sick if I add them too early and take too long to grow up. It's by no means the end of the world, but it is a very unfortunate loss for us dragon raisers.

Thank you, Ext3h, for creating such a fantastic fansite with the best hatchery and tools. It will be greatly missed.

...And now I need a new scroll banner for my signature. Sigh.

Btw can anyone recommend the clicksite with the closest behaviour to EATW?

I've been using Valley Sherwood since it went down, but I realize that it tends to spam views and as a result the hatchlings seem to take very long and then go -immediately- from ungendered to adult dragons, which is a bummer because I am constantly in a state of waiting for gendered hatchlings to freeze(pixel collecting). EATW always allowed a very nice 'staggered-stage' window for me to perform any action. As of now I've been feverishly watching two zyumorph hatchlings for close to a day to stop that from happening.

Unless... that isn't normal and this is another mini/pseudo-attack on the fansites?

@Redds That's standard behaviour for hatcheries that auto-ER their "customers".

As far as I know, Allure doesn't auto-ER, nor does Evina's DragHatch.

Both AoND and Evina's allow you to decide whether/when to ER your dragons, a feature that I like very much.

Some people prefer to have the fansite automatically ER them so they don't have to be as active in the process, if they have limited time to play or whatever.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I would be VERY surprised. I think someone just had it in for ext - or indeed for TJ.

Hm...not really. My first thought was the attack was aiming at either dragon cave itself or TJ. It would make less sense (or no sense) just attacking a fansite, especially with this fansite there is barely any profit.

So I do hope the same catastrophe doesn't happen again in the coming holidays for other hatcheries. 

May EATW R.I.P.

It will be appreciated if the mods are willing to change this sentence"EATW is not allowed to advertise on this forum; this list finally reflects that decision.", as advertising EATW is now out of the picture and personally I hope the post will reflected all the gratitude, a lots of fans felt, in some way.

Edited by Dragon p

Aw man, I've been a bit inactive since starting college so I had no idea about the whole EATW viewbombing situation. Super bummed to see EATW get shut down, it has been my go-to clicksite for as long as I can remember. :( Gonna miss it a bunch!

2 hours ago, CorgQueen54 said:

There is a hatcheries called egg drop soup that I really like! I have no idea if this post is allowed here, so if not, I will delete post.

Link to Egg Drop Soup:  https://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/index.php 

Really cute hatcherie and works very well as far as I'm concerned.

It's listed on the first page of this thread already. Also, this is their thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/64298-egg-drop-soup/

I'm way behind the times I see but I just wanted to add my disappointment to hearing that EATW is no more and my thanks to the maintainer for having done such a good job with it for so long.  I will miss it.

Will there be a way to protect the remaining websites from this? Because sad to say, if it happens once it can happen again. I'm especially nervous for AoND, and Valentine's day is less than a month away.

Is there even a way to protect from DDoS attacks?

One cannot say if it will happen again, and it very well could or could not, and if so, it would be unfortunate. Though, I see it as less likely since EATW was the most used hatchery and now there really isn't one single hatchery (aside from AOND I guess) that can claim that as well as EATW did.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:19 AM, Dragon p said:

May EATW R.I.P.

It will be appreciated if the mods are willing to change this sentence"EATW is not allowed to advertise on this forum; this list finally reflects that decision.", as advertising EATW is now out of the picture and personally I hope the post will reflected all the gratitude, a lots of fans felt, in some way.

Why was EATW not allowed to advertise in the first place?

3 hours ago, Angra_Mainyu said:

Why was EATW not allowed to advertise in the first place?

The owner posted stuff he shouldn't have posted, with regards to the TOS and violations thereof.

Basically, if you are in someone else's house, you shouldn't go around and tell everyone how you don't feel bound by the owner's house rules.

12 hours ago, JeanneMHD said:

Not sure how these hatcheries work. 

Care to help?

Username: Jeanne09D

Sending you a PM.

Nevermind, false alarm.

Edited by zaverxi

well that sucks. I finally noticed EATW was gone when I noticed my siggy was broken.I think I've probably had them in my siggy since the website first started.