Jump to content
Fansite Overview Project

List of Active Fansites

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what's up with Eggs around the World? http://eatw.net/views.html

 

It doesn't work now since several days...I'm especially missing the trading market.

 

Does anyone know a site with a similar trading market?

 

(I registered at Dragon Breeders Cave, but I can't access the trading place, don't know why.)

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Waldfrau said:

Does anyone know what's up with Eggs around the World? http://eatw.net/views.html

 

It doesn't work now since several days...I'm especially missing the trading market.

 

Does anyone know a site with a similar trading market?

 

(I registered at Dragon Breeders Cave, but I can't access the trading place, don't know why.)

EATW was attacked by viewbomber/s causing eggs/hatchlings to get massive doses of views in minutes and killing many of them. It has been taken down to prevent more damage until the situation resolves.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the info! Now I understand why all my eggs died. I really miss the trading market. What a pity. :(

Share this post


Link to post

I also can't wait for the tools from EATW to come back... Nobody's taking my free egg for hours from the forum's departures thread, with EATW it was taking a few minutes MAX with exactly the same kind of egg:/ (Not to mention trading)

Share this post


Link to post

EATW is gone forever.

 

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

 

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

Share this post


Link to post

@Ext3h:

That's devastating news.

EATW was my one and only standard hatching site ever since I started DC back in 2012, because I found it simply the best by far in terms of handling and, much more important, views management.

I could put my eggs in there, and know the little ones would be save and sound until they hatched/grew up - which they usually did right at the 4 days mark.

DC won't be the same for me with EATW gone. (The alternatives are either woefully slow, or have a much higher risk of sickness, as far as I observed.)

So I'm very, very sorry for all the users that loose this great site, but much more for you for loosing a project that you invested so much time, work, dedication and money in, and that was among the best of its kind (the best in my books).

Many thanks to you for keeping it running for so long, improving it on the way, battling difficulties and being a large help to the DC community !!

 

PS: Maybe you should open a separate thread for this announcement, I'm sure there are many users out there who were using EATW, are wondering what its fate may be, and might miss the post in here ?

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Share this post


Link to post

@Ext3h

Man, this is so sad :( Hands down, Eggs Around the World has been my favorite DC click site, with cool additional features, especially the Dragonmarket!

I'm sure many of us will miss the site very much. It's a shame someone decided to kill it for everyone like that.

Thank you for having created EATW and having run it! I wish you good luck with any other projects you may have, and if you ever do smth DC related in the future I hope it goes smoothly!

Share this post


Link to post

@Ext3h

 

So sorry to hear EATW is gone. Thanks for all the hard work and time you put in to make the (to me) best fansite there was. Lantean Pegasus summed it up far better than I could.

 

I hope we'll see you around despite this nastiness :(

Share this post


Link to post

That's a shame. :( Let's hope it was "only" personal (not to be nasty; it totally sucks - but it would be awful if they now picked off other fan sites one at a time...)

 

Thanks for all the work you did; I do miss my banner :(  Happy New Year.... I hope it improves for you.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ext3h said:

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer.

Clearly, someone had too much money at their disposal. I don't think I'll ever understand such kind of people.

Your conclusion from this is, while sad, quite understandable.

 

Good luck with your further endeavours!

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to see EATW go. I really liked its simplicity and safety. (Fortunately for me, the attack occured right as my last hatchies there were almost grown, so they got sick and grew up before I could react…)

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@Ext3h:

That's devastating news.

EATW was my one and only standard hatching site ever since I started DC back in 2012, because I found it simply the best by far in terms of handling and, much more important, views management.

I could put my eggs in there, and know the little ones would be save and sound until they hatched/grew up - which they usually did right at the 4 days mark.

DC won't be the same for me with EATW gone. (The alternatives are either woefully slow, or have a much higher risk of sickness, as far as I observed.)

So I'm very, very sorry for all the users that loose this great site, but much more for you for loosing a project that you invested so much time, work, dedication and money in, and that was among the best of its kind (the best in my books).

Many thanks to you for keeping it running for so long, improving it on the way, battling difficulties and being a large help to the DC community !!

 

Couldn't have said it in a better way. EATW was also my first choice, and I used it a lot for trading too. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this - So sad to see it go because of some ****. All the best to you for this new year!

Share this post


Link to post

So... did someone actually pay real money to some other person to have them attack EATW? :blink: Or am I just misunderstanding things?

Share this post


Link to post

The assumption is that the attack was so coordinated, that it couldn't have been done with making a real investment of money. I suppose somebody with way too much time and writes viruses on the side could manage it as well…

Share this post


Link to post

EATW is gone? Is there any way to create another site with similar functions? I need the dragonmarket back! 

Share this post


Link to post

Sure there are ways, you just need to find someone with skill and time. That's why I asked already in the "Coding a Hatchery" thread XD

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Ext3h said:

EATW is gone forever.

 

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

 

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

Sad news indeed. I'm barely active on DC, but I still keep the code in my Valley of Unicorns signature: it was a great way to help fellow players and keep updated on the latest releases.
I'm really upset for the loss of this valuable site that gave joy and help to so many players: I have nothing but contempt for the responsible of the destruction of all your hard work.

 

Thank you for your efforts, I wish I could do more for your spirit.

Share this post


Link to post

@Ext3h this is devastating news. I can't understand why someone would do such a thing. EATW was always my go to site.

 

Thank you for everything you have done. I hope you will have new and better experiences in 2018 and will be able to get past this vicious attack. People who do things like such attacks should be shut down. Let's hope, in the future, the means will be there to do exactly that. It won't help now though.

 

I wish you all the best and I hope you stay at Dragon Cave despite this awful experience with your own site.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Ext3h said:

EATW is gone forever.

 

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

 

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

 

This is such sad news.  EATW has always been my go to site for years to help in raising up my dragons. They've never gotten sick, and always hatched then grew up right on time. Plus I've had better results when trading through the market there.  Now I'm putting them into multiple sites that still can't achieve what your site did all by itself. I am so sorry some mean spirited idiots did this to your site. You've been a great help to so, so many of us over the years. Your site will be sorely missed. Thank you for all the time, effort, money and caring you put into helping all our dragons grow up over the years.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah man, I'm brokenhearted; EATW was a my go-to for both hatching eggs and trading; I've always had more success with trading there...
 

Share this post


Link to post

So, so sorry to see EATW go.  I've used it regularly for as long as I can remember. The game won't be the same without it.

Share this post


Link to post

EATW was the site that worked best for growing my dragons. it always seemed to just do it so much faster than any other site! I have my eggs in three or four different sites right now, and it's taking a long time for them to get views. I only used the dragonmarket a few times, but one time I managed to trade a 2gen prizekin for a 2gen prize using it. It will be missed. I just don't understand why anyone would do such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Ext3h said:

EATW is gone forever.

 

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

 

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

 

Holy hell, it truely hurts me to read that, just after i came back from a 2-3 year break!

I remember back in 2010 when i started to play DC and my very first eggs (7 to be exact,i remember it clearly, 7 died before i found EATW) just died and i didnt knew how to get more views until someone messaged me and told me about EATW, it was the Holy Grail to me, the gift that would safe my dying eggs and it did.

 

Incredible how someone PAYED for that ****ty attack to start a damn botnet attack on it, that is heartless, selfish and even more hurting than the attack itself was in my eyes.

 

Ext3h, thank you for EATW, i´m sorry doubting that you would even react to these attacks, i didnt saw any new News on the News Page of EATW or any of the new eggs in the Trading section and made the assumption you were gone. I´m sorry, you saved many, many eggs from death by shutting down the viewer!

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.