Fansite Overview Project

List of Active Fansites

I am really sad to see EATW go. It was the just about the only hatchery I used most frequently. The attacker must have known which hatchery gets most traffic to take down the top one, I don't see any reason why the attack would be personal so it was likely DC related. Not to sound whiny but part of the reason this happened and what users have been complaining for years about is how easy it is to view bomb and kill eggs for malicious reason. EATW is the first site to be mass targeted and the effort was so big it made the site close, something tells me if it's someone truly vengeful towards DC they will do it again to other sites until a mechanism is put into place on DC itself to deal with its vulnerability. I know the death feature adds reality to game but for years now it is more pain than gain. I would have preferred if death was related to owner activities itself (like neglecting scroll completely for certain period) than some random person coming and ramming your scroll with uncontrolled views. As long as the option exists, people will keep exploiting it.

is  there a better list of places i can can put up my eggs for  views and clicks i had 4 eggs  die on me because i did  not get enough clicks  or views 

3 hours ago, Ahara said:

is  there a better list of places i can can put up my eggs for  views and clicks i had 4 eggs  die on me because i did  not get enough clicks  or views 

Which sites are you using? I use Valley Sherwood and AoND and always get enough views for mine.

i just found a few sights to day i'm using Valley Sherwood as of  this  evening Silvi'sl's lair daily dragon fix and DH i just don't wont to losses any more eggs as i lost my first 4 

@Ahara  your current eggs are sick, you need to fog them (use the 'hide' action, it stops them from getting views for awhile so they can recover). The general advice is not to put fresh eggs into any hatcheries until they are down to 6 days 12 hours at least (I'd personally say let it get down to 6 days first). If brand-new eggs get too many views too fast they can get sick, and sickness can lead to death if you don't fog them. 

I use Allure of Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, and Silvi's Lair, and I have never had an egg die from lack of views using those three.

Edited by HeatherMarie

ya i'm still  new  here and trying to get the hang of everything i did have all my eggs fogged for a bit tonight  and i will probably do so wan i go to bed so they won't get sick 

aw heck im sad to see eatw go it was my go-to hatchery. screw the awful person who viewbombed it so intensely. 

On 1/2/2018 at 1:47 AM, Ext3h said:

EATW is gone forever.

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

Very sorry to see this - EATW was also my go to for hatching and trading - esp trading... Any chance the code survives and could be supplied to one of the other sites that is trying to implement something like this?

In any case thank you @Ext3h for all the work you have done over the years that made my game easier :)

Can we list dragon mansion as inactive? It looks like the op of them is inactive.

The site seems too easy for viewbombing. You can't even remove your eggs/hatchies or even just check if your scroll had been added.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, Ext3h said:

EATW is gone forever.

Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)

The API access to dragcave.net (required for accessing scrolls etc.) was already shut down by TJ09 during the attacks, and I have terminated the webspace and the domain. The domain will be up for grab soon, so it would be a good idea to remove it from all signatures and alike, as I will not take any responsibility if a future owner of the domain decides to abuse it.

I'm brokenhearted. Thanks you for all. Hope you can do other projects like that.

Wow, this is the first I’ve heard about the closing of EATW permanently. I was harboring a hope that it could be resurrected.  

R.I.P. to EATW

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there seems to be some kind of odd error with the fan sites -- when I click on an egg or hatchling, the browser seems to "forget" I am actually logged in to Dragon Cave. As in, the egg/hatchling page displays the welcome message and shows that I am not logged in. If I click the log in or register buttons, the site logs me in instantly, but if I close that page and open a new egg/hatchling page, the site once again forgets that I'm logged in. This bug happens with every fan site I've used, from Silvi's Lair to Daily Dragon Fix. It's been going on for at least a week.

On 5/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, Sazandora said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there seems to be some kind of odd error with the fan sites -- when I click on an egg or hatchling, the browser seems to "forget" I am actually logged in to Dragon Cave. As in, the egg/hatchling page displays the welcome message and shows that I am not logged in. If I click the log in or register buttons, the site logs me in instantly, but if I close that page and open a new egg/hatchling page, the site once again forgets that I'm logged in. This bug happens with every fan site I've used, from Silvi's Lair to Daily Dragon Fix. It's been going on for at least a week.

Do you allow third-party cookies? The behaviour you describe sounds like you have those blocked. For DDF, you can avoid the "third-party cookie" problem (inasmuch as you consider it a problem, that is!) by ctrl+clicking on "View page" when giving your clicks.

(Also, you're probably already aware of this, but just in case: You don't need to be logged in to give clicks, views and unique views. So don't worry about registering as logged-in or logged-out while using the fansites.)

(Addendum: This kind of question is probably best put into Tiny Little Questions in the Help section, by the way! ^_^)

Edited by pinkgothic

*pokes at thread* Does anyone actually maintain these lists anymore? It looks like the project account hasn't been active since 2015, none of the first posts show 'feature checks' in multiple years... This would be such a great resource thread if it was actually kept up to date. Dragon Cave Mansion shouldn't be on the list, since it doesn't seem to be an active site (there are adult dragons in the ER from April...), The Hatchery under LiveJournal isn't active, no posts since November of last year. 

There are dragons in Mansion that grew up this year... But I went to add my ER one as an experiment and it said it couldn't, this dragon is dead :wacko:

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There are dragons in Mansion that grew up this year... But I went to add my ER one as an experiment and it said it couldn't, this dragon is dead :wacko:

Yeah, I just tried adding my scroll and it doesn't seem to have added anything (even though it said 'The egg/hatchling was successfully added to the site'). It seems the only actual growing thing anywhere on that site is TJ's joke egg, everything else is grown up and has been for several months.

They probably never updated to use the current API specifications.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:47 AM, HeatherMarie said:

*pokes at thread* Does anyone actually maintain these lists anymore?

As far as I know, none of the people who run this account (including me) have the time anymore. :(

However:

This would be such a great resource thread if it was actually kept up to date.

Anyone willing to step forward and update these lists is very welcome to PM me or bbik and we'll happily hand the project account over!

Just in case anyone would like to, you know, do something productive instead of complaining. ;)

Actually, the whole point in creating this thread, with the account attached to it, was to make it transferrable, so it can be handed over to newer "generations" of players as some older players become less active and others join. This way, as long as there's anyone who cares enough to put in the effort, this thread can be a great resource. And if nobody cares enough, well, it's apparently not needed that much...

I use this forum all the time, Its actually what let me know when I came on last night that the allure of neglected dragons site is down :0

not sure why however

2 hours ago, maskeradeplays said:

I use this forum all the time, Its actually what let me know when I came on last night that the allure of neglected dragons site is down :0

not sure why however

The host had technical problems that took their whole system down and forced them to pull a backup they had of their entire system from what I saw in the Allure of Neglected Dragons thread.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, Blueeyes713 said:

The host had technical problems that took their whole system down and forced them to pull a backup they had of their entire system from what I saw in the Allure of Neglected Dragons thread.

Woah that's pretty funny, Also I never knew there was a thread dedicated to just that site I'll need to look for it

8 minutes ago, maskeradeplays said:

Also I never knew there was a thread dedicated to just that site I'll need to look for it

It's linked to right in this thread, right next to the site's link:

On 4/1/2010 at 8:25 PM, Fansite Overview Project said:

Self-Serve Sites

The Allure of Neglected Dragons ( forum thread )

user posted image Scroll name to add/remove dragons

user posted image Under 4 days

user posted image • Separate (add individual codes) and Integrated (use the scroll-add) options

user posted image Time of Death Guide

user posted image General Use: Sickness checker, Inbred checker, Lineage viewer, Action trackers (Freeze/BSAs), Scroll stats counter, Scroll stats banner maker, Breeding chart, DC-time clock

user posted image Neglected Experiments: Auto-refreshers, Unfog alarm, ToD calculator, Chat room

2 hours ago, maskeradeplays said:

Woah that's pretty funny, Also I never knew there was a thread dedicated to just that site I'll need to look for it

It wasn't funny at all. The poor owner had a hell of a time.