maustin89

Computer and tech talk and questions

Thank you, that helped tremendously. I thought I was going crazy (usually I'm technically literate so why didn't I think of that??? O.o)!

Another question, but is there any bookmarking sites that people would recommend? I know I can easily Google to find one but I want to hear personal opinions. My browser is definitely slowing from having like a million bookmarks clogging it up. xP

Does anyone here use Openoffice, and if so do you use the database side of it ?

When you go to set up a database they ask you to "register" it. What does that mean - one is RELUCTANT....

@Fuzzbucket-I did some googling and found this on the Open Office Forums:

First: It is NOT registering your database with anyone or anything outside of your computer. It is not giving the Open Office people access to your work.

What it IS doing is making an entry in the registry-like data structure which Open Office maintains. That data structure is GOOD in that different parts of Open Office (Writer, Spreadsheet, Base, etc) are more "aware" of things done by other parts of Open Office. It is BAD (?) in that it means you have to be a little careful about where you store things. You have to be careful and skillful, sometimes, if you want to rename or move them. Don't let me frighten you! A simple Writer document is a standalone entity, and you can move, rename, etc, its file as you see fit. Not so the files associated with Base work.

so I think you're good to go.

Sorry I took so long to answer - I was booted off line. AGAIN .

I'm making something with java these days. I made a nested class(A) as thread in class(B). And there's independent class(C). Can I control class (A) from another class (C)?

I would say yes if I was irresponsible XD

I haven't gotten much into Java lately, and Threads are the topics that I avoided, as I felt that I wasn't ready to dive into that yet (the only basic thread knowledge I have is synchronisation and locks, start, run, stop). Maybe if Class(C) has member that is class(A) or class(B)? I wish Java contains pointers to threads XD

38 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

(the only basic thread knowledge I have is synchronisation and locks, start, run, stop).

I think that's enough for me.XD

I think I should leave (A) unnecessarily running at this point. It isn't that heavy thread (It have access in network though.).

I thought of something, would a static global synchronised boolean variable work? Class(A) runs or pauses/stops depending whether the boolean is true or false, and the one that controls the boolean is another thread that runs with a class(C), which has a method (or inside the method) to switch the boolean. I didn't pay attention to my programming classes well; is that viable?

I think that's worth of trying, but I think should do it later. I have to show my project to professor today so I have to keep it stable.

I've been trying to get a working emulator for pokemon nuzlockes, but so far the only one I know to try isn't working. I use the pokemon game files on a websites and they work for both smart phones and computers. I have no problem on my phone, but I can't do any recording or anything on a phone. so, could someone please link me to a trusted emulator that can handle gameboy style games all the way through DS games? (basically from Red and Blue all the way to Heart Gold and Soul Silver) And if I'd have to pick just one gameboy system I'd rather have a GBA style.

The game files I need it to support can be found here: http://operationidroid.com/

Does Facebook have any kind of customer support apart from their "help" pages? Like a support email address or contact form?

Thank you @Fuzzbucket - it looks like they really don't want to be bothered with millions of "I lost my password" emails, but I tried anyway now.

(I'm trying to access a company's account that has been inactive for a while, and whoever was the last person who had the password doesn't work for the company anymore. And for some reason the password reset email never arrives, not even in the spam folder.)

Edit: ... Facebook's mailbox is full. o_O

Edited by Confused Cat