maustin89

Computer and tech talk and questions

SOOOOOO frustrated at C++.

So, I'm new to C++, was looking around and decided to use Dev C++ for a compiler, as it is the easiest one tutorial-wise. But... when I compile ANYTHING, AVG protection detects a Trojan Horse. Can someone either tell me how to uninstall it, a better compiler, or a way to eliminate this problem? Thanks. smile.gif

Not sure why it's doing that but you can easily google how to uninstall AVG, MSE (Microsoft security essentials) is seriously all you need

Here is how to uninstall AVG from their site http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-5172

And MSE http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ls-all-versions

Edited by Shato

SOOOOOO frustrated at C++.

So, I'm new to C++, was looking around and decided to use Dev C++ for a compiler, as it is the easiest one tutorial-wise. But... when I compile ANYTHING, AVG protection detects a Trojan Horse. Can someone either tell me how to uninstall it, a better compiler, or a way to eliminate this problem? Thanks. smile.gif

Does your programme automatically exit at the end with no user input? I know AVG recognises all programmes like that as viruses. Try adding a requirement to manually exit and see what happens.

How much RAM do you have right now and what are you running also what kinds of things are you doing when it freezes?

16 GB. I'm not doing things similar enough to cause me to see any pattern at all. It's fairly random, though particularly during YouTube.

__

All my my drivers (AFAIK) and my BIOS are up to date.

16 GB. I'm not doing things similar enough to cause me to see any pattern at all. It's fairly random, though particularly during YouTube.

__

All my my drivers (AFAIK) and my BIOS are up to date.

Tried updating stuff such as your browser (which are you using?) or flash? 16 GB should be way more than enough unless somethings wrong with your RAM

Does anyone know any good hosting sites besides x10 hosting?

Tried updating stuff such as your browser (which are you using?) or flash? 16 GB should be way more than enough unless somethings wrong with your RAM

It doesn't always happen when I'm using a browser. It can happen when I only have a game open or the such, but yes, my browser is updated. It's Google Chrome.

And yes, I was originally figuring that something was wrong with the RAM. But I don't have any more RAM to replace and see if it fixes the problem.

It doesn't always happen when I'm using a browser. It can happen when I only have a game open or the such, but yes, my browser is updated. It's Google Chrome.

And yes, I was originally figuring that something was wrong with the RAM. But I don't have any more RAM to replace and see if it fixes the problem.

Funny question, but when was the last time you re-installed Windows? The system can and will degarde over time, so if it's been a few years there may be some errors in the OS.

Also worthy of note is that some graphics combinations can be a little unstable. I went through a period at one point where despite having a pretty new graphics card and up-to-date drivers I'd get the odd graphics driver crash. Driver crashes often recover on their own, but anything you are doing can seem to freeze or hang for a while, and you may get the screen go black for a moment or two. That problem can often fix when the drivers update again.

Funny question, but when was the last time you re-installed Windows? The system can and will degarde over time, so if it's been a few years there may be some errors in the OS.

I've only had the system for just over a year now.

Does your programme automatically exit at the end with no user input? I know AVG recognises all programmes like that as viruses. Try adding a requirement to manually exit and see what happens.

No, it already gives a choice to close it or continue. I'm just afraid of continuing and possibly getting a Trojan. We just got this computer, and I share it with my family, so my mom would kill me if I got a virus on it.

FF just had me update to 22.0 and then two days later it is wanting to

update again to 23.0. What gives? Does anyone else have 23.0?

Sometimes cave loads so slow and then it says scripts stopping running:

is this related to the update FF wants?

FF just had me update to 22.0 and then two days later it is wanting to

update again to 23.0.  What gives?  Does anyone else have 23.0?

Sometimes cave loads so slow and then it says scripts stopping running:

is this related to the update FF wants?

FYI I'm running FF 23.0.1 (updated to it this morning). Mine updated to 23.0.0 a week ago (ish?) so perhaps you mistook the '22' update for the '23 vanilla' update? 22 was released end of June.

"Scripts stopping running" etc. messages are less likely to be tied to the version of FF and more to whether you pc is slow in general, whether the page is serving any slow/bloated/buggy scripts (seems unlikely from DC but it could be in an ad) and whether you have any exciting add-ons installed slowing FF down.

I was just editing a CD in Media Player trying to get the right info in since the info it found was not for the right CD at all and was trying to edit the album art in. I did figure it out for the thumbnail in the folder but I managed to paste the album art onto another song while testing out how to do it and can't remove it. So right now I got one song that has the album art of another when it use to have none. (With both the tumbnail in the folder and Album Art on Media Player)

So my question is how do I remove the album art off the one song or is it stuck until I screenie the no album art thumbnail and paste it in? xd.png

I swear I hope I never have to do this again.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I was just editing a CD in Media Player trying to get the right info in since the info it found was not for the right CD at all and was trying to edit the album art in. I did figure it out for the thumbnail in the folder but I managed to paste the album art onto another song while testing out how to do it and can't remove it. So right now I got one song that has the album art of another when it use to have none. (With both the tumbnail in the folder and Album Art on Media Player)

So my question is how do I remove the album art off the one song or is it stuck until I screenie the no album art thumbnail and paste it in? xd.png

I swear I hope I never have to do this again.

Try this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/remove-m...t-embed-images/

I never really tried to use this technique, but judging by the comments, it should be a good one.

Shriek.

I use firefox. I changed my dragcave password a while ago, and while it was OK with it for logging on and off, it had forgotten it for actions.

So I told it to forget it, as their forums suggest that doing that will mean that you will get the "remember" prompt again.

Does it hell... sad.gif

Anyone know how to make it remember again ?

Shriek.

I use firefox. I changed my dragcave password a while ago, and while it was OK with it for logging on and off, it had forgotten it for actions.

So I told it to forget it, as their forums suggest that doing that will mean that you will get the "remember" prompt again.

Does it hell... sad.gif

Anyone know how to make it remember again ?

You might want to try reading here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/passwo...hange-passwords

You may need to remove it from the exceptions list

I'm not really that tech-savvy, but I'm interested in BBC and HTML coding, since I admin a few groups on DeviantART that I'd love to make fancy. I know the basics, bold, underline, italicize, strikethrough, that kind of stuff, but I can get confused with the complicated stuff.

Tried to use hubby's computer, and found it has problem that made playing

DC impossible.

After you start it up, it will suddenly freeze. When you power off and try the

restart, it will work for a while and then does the freeze again. Norton 360

says nothing found. Dell tech help says memory test runs okay. He had a

system restore going back to when he got it 4 years ago, but that didn't

seem to solve the problem.

One time he said he got the whole monitor screen to go into black, grey, and

blue lines all across the screen. But Dell also says video card was replaced

2 years ago and should be fine.

Any ideas?

(These are definitely not caused by DC playing).

DC impossible.

Any ideas?

It definitely sounds like a hardware issue to me. You wouldn't happen to know the specs of the computer would you? It might help if you could post them

Also Norton is pretty terrible around the Tech support community, just letting you know. Norton blocks a lot of things for no reason, doesn't catch as much as other free AV's and is a censorkip.gif* to get rid of if you want to which kinda makes it sound like a virus in general lol. Not to mention is constantly asks you to buy it if you're using the trial and it's expired

DC impossible.

Any ideas?

That kinda sounds like the video card is going. I'd try switching it out and see if it works then. If not probably the HD dying and that means it's time for a new PC.

ooo, that does not sound good.

Yes, Norton constantly tells him everyday to buy more storage, but there is

nothing stored so far! Especially since Dell just cleaned it back to original.

Only thing added was Norton 360.

It is an XPS 435t/9000, just exactly 4 years old. Oct. 2009

Mother board and video card were replaced 2 years ago. July 2011

Windows 7, Home Premium.

These were original specs:

Intel Core i7-920 processor, 64 bit CPU

6 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz

ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB

640GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM

But I don't know what Dell used for replacement parts, but there is

this note: Samsung HD 642JJ ATA Device

TSST corp DVD+RW

The Windows Experience Index gives 3.7 from max of 7.9, based on

low score of video card.

And now Dell is claiming he only has 2 days left on his warranty. He is

thinking of buying a Lenovo....any comments on that brand?

(lol, mainly, is it good for us to play on DC?)

Edited by grammydragon

I am a Computer Programmer. I started when I was 8 years old with Visual Basic and now I know: PHP, Node.JS, CoffeScript, ECMASCRIPT (Javascript), Java, Python, C, C++, UnityScript, BASIC, Ruby and some more.

When I was 8 I started with Visual Basic and was creating some very basic Internet browsers using the Trident API.

When I got to 10 I started my hacking phase. I had hacked Club Penguin by interfacing with their flash API via Visual Basic. I had also hacked AFL Fansay Football to give me unlimited money (Aussies will know).

Then when I got to 12, I think that was when I became a real programmer. I learn't C and Python.

When I reached 14 that was kinda my peak of programming skills. I learn't Ecmascript, PHP, Ruby, C++, Node.JS (My favourite), Java and some more all within that one year.

If there is anyone that would like some advice, help, tips, etc.. on programming just reply to this and i'm more than willing to help out wink.gif.

I'd love to start getting in to programming. I have books but I never know where to really start. I've dabbled in HTML, Java, C++ etc but never really got anywhere with it

Any tips or advice would be great, I heard Python is a good starting point since it's simple and easier to read

What type of programming would you like to do?

For gaming you should learn C and Unity.

For web apps (eg. Facebook, twitter, etc..) you should checkout HTML5, Javascript and Node.JS (this is server side but uses javascript).

For desktop software you should learn C# (For windows), if you're on Mac checkout Obj-C and Coca and if you want to dev for Linux Python would be your best shot.

I think I'd like to start with more web stuff, maybe start with web design before I move to actual apps but yes I have always wanted to learn game programming but I'm terrible at math and I heard that 2D gaming is okay but 3D gaming is where you really need the math

Anyone here write apps for ipod touch? There's one I want to make, but I'd rather have some specific pointers rather than learning everything just to write one simple app.