maustin89

Computer and tech talk and questions

There is currently a problem with Adobe flash, and I believe it advises on the website to downgrade to the previous version smile.gif

There is currently a problem with Adobe flash, and I believe it advises on the website to downgrade to the previous version smile.gif

They don't actually know how to do that, so maybe you could explain?

/not that tech savvy.

Ah, sorry, in my haste to find an answer I didn't look for an actual thread to post on. My friend actually provided the answer for me- I didn't even have the latest edition of Adobe Flashplayer installed. Once I got that in, everything started working again.

Being the derpy person that I am, I've run into a new, unrelated problem. I recently downloaded Steam, and with it Team Fortress 2. However, when I try to pull up the main menu for tf2 it's glitched off to the side. The words aren't jumbled, but it's like someone dragged the main menu way over to the left so I can only see the side of it. I can reach most of the buttons, but I can't see which is which. In addition to this error, my cursor is invisible whenever I try to play. It works fine, I just can't see it, meaning I have to wave my mouse all over the screen until the button I need to click lights up, meaning I've moused over it. Someone help me sleep.gif

Uh... I don't know... How do I change that? I'm also not sure if I picked the correct Internet speed.

You would need to do it in the ingame options screen. Internet speed shouldn't matter.

Well, the menu screen thing fixed itself (wtf man?!), and the mouse issue can be solved by turning off pointer trails under your mouse settings.

My issue now is that every 10 minutes the game freezes and all I can do is flip the reset button to reset the computer.

With what 7Deadly$ins said you could try to lower the graphics to play still. Had to do that with COD2 on the computers at school.

And I do that how...? You have to understand that I really don't know anything about computers and just giving me a suggestion doesn't really help if I don't know how to follow through with that.

Lowering the graphics requirements is all in the ingame options... the same place I sent you to last time.

Actually I went to launch options, entered -dmlevel 0 (or something like that) and it now runs fine. I understand also that TF2 is undergoing major updates right now, so that could be a factor as well.

Unless your TF2 is in the process of downloading an update RIGHT NOW that shouldn't be a problem. TF2 is a well supported game that constantly gets updates from Valve.

I was going to post this in the Virus thread but I figure this most likely isn't a virus so it should probably go here...

So, I'm usually pretty good with computers and have yet to come across a virus I could find and get rid of. But...

My computer has been acting up for a few months now. I can only use it on Safe Mode. When I put it regular mode it freezes up after a few minutes and I'll have to restart it. Now I don't know if it is a virus or just Windows Update screwing up on me. It tells me I need to update. I click update and it sits there for hours and eventually tells me the update failed. Or it won't say anything and will restart, then telling me I need to update again.

I ran into this problem (saying it needs to update and freezing) once before with my old computer a few years ago and I just ignored it and the problem went away by itself. But I've tried everything and can't seem to get it to go away.

The computer works perfectly fine on Safe Mode but I would love to be able to use my programs again. Can anyone tell me if this is a virus or just plain stupidity on my part?

I was going to post this in the Virus thread but I figure this most likely isn't a virus so it should probably go here...

So, I'm usually pretty good with computers and have yet to come across a virus I could find and get rid of. But...

My computer has been acting up for a few months now. I can only use it on Safe Mode. When I put it regular mode it freezes up after a few minutes and I'll have to restart it. Now I don't know if it is a virus or just Windows Update screwing up on me. It tells me I need to update. I click update and it sits there for hours and eventually tells me the update failed. Or it won't say anything and will restart, then telling me I need to update again.

I ran into this problem (saying it needs to update and freezing) once before with my old computer a few years ago and I just ignored it and the problem went away by itself. But I've tried everything and can't seem to get it to go away.

The computer works perfectly fine on Safe Mode but I would love to be able to use my programs again. Can anyone tell me if this is a virus or just plain stupidity on my part?

My husband (who works in computer support) says to try running TDSSKiller , then malware bytes and see what happens.

If those don't help, then back up your data before wiping and reloading your operating system.

My husband (who works in computer support) says to try running TDSSKiller , then malware bytes and see what happens. 

If those don't help, then back up your data before wiping and reloading your operating system.

Thanks, I'll try that. I had Malwarebytes but I uninstalled it because I thought maybe that was interfering with my firewall or other anti-virus (which I also uninstalled after I saw that it wasn't MBAM).

I've downloaded lots of various anti-virus programs hoping they would do the trick but none have come up with anything.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to doing a complete restart but it looks like I'll have to. Everything else I have tried just won't work... =\

I need some help, so I hope this is the right place...I'm trying to upload some toribash replays to youtube, but they are the wrong file type, anything I can do?

Im entirely computer savy! When i was little I was on dads lap when he was on the computer! smile.gif

I want to make MMO games when im older.

Something similar happened this morning on my pc... I wasnt even able to start it up normaly...I fixed it...It was just a corrupt file...

Edited by creepado

I need some help, so I hope this is the right place...I'm trying to upload some toribash replays to youtube, but they are the wrong file type, anything I can do?

Find a converter? Check Google.

well my brother said i need two 2 GB RAM chips? if that helps because my speed is too slow or something?