maustin89

Computer and tech talk and questions

of corse there were other facts.I Thought it was about how programming was "Hard". also,it showed there was no real apautide test on programming.What ever

They showed that there IS a way to tell before hand (a sort of aptitude test) if someone will be more likely to succeed or not at programming. Reread it more carefully this time.

*hops up and down* Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx comes out tomorrow!!! 8D I'm excited!

Does any one know How to get QBasic on my windows xp.The book I'm reading uses Qbasic for everything but it's 12 years old.And says windows 95 or 3.1 is the most common system.I dont think xp has Qbasic on it any more.Atleast I can't find it. xd.png

*hops up and down* Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx comes out tomorrow!!! 8D I'm excited
is that a programming language? Edited by maustin89

That's an operating system.

I don't know why you'd learn basic. Go get visual studio and learn C.

$0. Look harder. It's pretty clear you were born in 99, not 89, btw.

Edited by Kai

$0. Look harder. It's pretty clear you were born in 99, not 89, btw.

???

but all those were demos.only avalible for a little while.right?its 98 not 99 lol.

Starting point: Microsoft. Seriously.

Anyway, this is being posted from my laptop, which is finally running Ubuntu 10.04 biggrin.gif

What kind of language are you talking about? There are a few different programming engines, depending on what you want to do. Straight up scource coding, web design or database engineering.

lol Tikindi he clearly has no idea what he wants to do.

That does normally help. No point learning Java if you want to program databases is there?

It's probably better if he were to establish some sort of project he is attempting.

lol Tikindi he clearly has no idea what he wants to do.

LOL true! All I know is I want to learn the basics of programming then learn C or C++ then learn Java.Also, maybe make some sort of game. Something to get me going. as long as It's not making a website.I can do that like in 4 diffrent ways.

Edited by maustin89

I tried to read this topic and felt like I was trying to read a foreign languange. blink.gif My best friend had to translate for me...

really? blink.gif its easy for me.then again I pretty much use a computer every day.

Edited by maustin89

LOL true! All I know is I want to learn the basics of programming then learn C or C++ then learn Java.Also, maybe make some sort of game. Something to get me going. as long as It's not making a website.I can do that like in 4 diffrent ways.

If there's a college near you, you can always check into what they offer as programs. My local college isn't very good, but it can't hurt, especially if you're in high school or lower. If you're already in college take a class.

If there's a college near you, you can always check into what they offer as programs. My local college isn't very good, but it can't hurt, especially if you're in high school or lower. If you're already in college take a class.

I already have. There's like 2 or 3 classes I would want to take. But I have a long time before I go to college.I'm 11!lol

My computer is sometimes my enemy and I wage war against it because it is slow. I just bought a laptop today(which I am using right now), but my other computer always gets this bluescreen when I try to turn it on.

^ Don't triple post. You've been here long enough to know better.

Yes, Blender's safe. I've tried to mess with it, but never with any success. Maybe follow some guides to learn the ropes.