Zeekaice

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

I didn't use the same anagram, and Coryn is just a name. Also, the guy doesn't know his name is really Coryn until like the last 3 chapters, so I think I'm okay.

hmmm... adding songs to it don't necessarily make it all better. When I saw Soren flying through the rain with one of those songs playing, I was like "WTF? This is....Weird". So, yeah, my expectations aren't too high for the movie.

i thought it was when Soren was flying in the hurricane in the 2nd book

i think the movie will be okay and I'm gonna go see it. i didn't imagine the British accents either, but i don't care.

i think the movie will be okay and I'm gonna go see it. i didn't imagine the British accents either, but i don't care.

You may be right about that, but still, I don't think Soren was acting emo during the hurricane during his first weather chaw practice. In fact, everyowl enjoyed it in the book!

Except Martin, he got lost and was rescued by a seagull.

Third.

And I think the scene in question is when they were first flying to the tree, through a blizzard. He went on ahead to check for things and was a bit upset since he thought the others were going to leave him.

And there's bloody snow flying at him!

You may be right about that, but still, I don't think Soren was acting emo during the hurricane during his first weather chaw practice. In fact, everyowl enjoyed it in the book!

Except Martin, he got lost and was rescued by a seagull.

i never said he was acting emo. weather chaw practice is exactly what i mean!

I read and have all 15 books. They're really good, I love the ending. I can't wait for the movie.

Just finished reading the latest book Lost tales of Ga'hoole, and there's a big surprise with Braithe! And we finally get to see why Cleve's a pacifist, and the in depth-story of the Madame Plonk and the Rogue Smith!

Just finished reading the latest book Lost tales of Ga'hoole, and there's a big surprise with Braithe! And we finally get to see why Cleve's a pacifist, and the in depth-story of the Madame Plonk and the Rogue Smith!

I just felt stupid about Braithe xd.png Should have picked up on it from Ifghar's story in the Guide book.

Speaking of, who else was... interested in Twilight's story from that? Personally, I really loved it, and it did help explain just how he had that thing for rhyming. Also really like his actual name, and enjoyed the reference.

Edited by Dr. Paine

These are my only rants about the Guardians of Gahoole:

Book 10 and 11 were kind of boring because it was in the past and there was barely anything about the main characters

Book 9~ I wish it were Soren's point of view though Coryn's was really nice I guess

Ezylryb died so did Barran and Boron!

Soren was PERFECT for Gylfie why Pelli! We weren't even introduced to Pelli!

Book 10 and 11 were kind of boring because it was in the past and there was barely anything about the main characters

Book 9~ I wish it were Soren's point of view though Coryn's was really nice I guess

Cross-breeding? Really? That's just.......... Geh...

I've been thinking of reading this series, but I've really forgotten all about it until today. A friend of mine had free tickets too the movie, so I just saw it. Now I really have to check out those books.

Well, Barn Owls and Elf Owls are just physically incompatible. Only a few owl species can interbreed (Barred Owls and Spotted Owls can, I think). And besides, we were removed from the tree for two books. It's a forgivable thing. Soren and Gylfie were just friends, that's how it always was going to be.

And what's wrong with old owls dying? Sure, it's a long series, but I love the fact that the characters were allowed to grow up- Soren had a mate and children, the rest of the Band went from students to Guardians, and later even teachers. And sad as it is, those who were old passed on when their time came. It's better than an unexplained stasis.

I watched the movie a few days ago (last Friday.)

Besides the fact my friend and I were the oldest people who were not parents was a little disturbing, but it was pretty awesome. Even though Soren sounded like Frodo whenever he's in his whiny phases.

It didn't stray away from the plot at all, which I was glad about, considering that when I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender I was just in panic from how much it strayed.

I give it a 9.5.

I watched the movie a few days ago (last Friday.)

Besides the fact my friend and I were the oldest people who were not parents was a little disturbing, but it was pretty awesome. Even though Soren sounded like Frodo whenever he's in his whiny phases.

It didn't stray away from the plot at all, which I was glad about, considering that when I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender I was just in panic from how much it strayed.

I give it a 9.5.

I've read a bit about the plot... and although it seems RADICALLY different (no Skench and Spoorn in St. Aggies, wtf?), I... don't mind.

It's actually interesting, and not in a train wreck way. In that really nice 'what if things had gone this way' way.

I thought Skench and Scoorn were those guys that in the beginning took Kludd and Soren to St. Aggies. Meh, I read the books three or four years ago, so I don't remember.

I thought Skench and Scoorn were those guys that in the beginning took Kludd and Soren to St. Aggies. Meh, I read the books three or four years ago, so I don't remember.

-shrug- I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw a review that said the Pure Ones are in charge (and in that case, there would be no Skench or Spoorn), Kludd and Soren were both kidnapped (DID NOT HAPPEN DAMMIT), and... that's all I can remember.

Point is, massive detail change.

On a minor note, I'm kind of bugged about the eyes for Soren and other Barn Owls. They are a solid, very dark brown. NO YELLOW.

I saw the movie last night, and enjoyed it. THANK GOD! I was hoping it wouldn't be another "the last airbender" and crush my hopes and dreams and it didn't biggrin.gif

But there was this dumb owl city song they kept playing that felt out of place.

It strayed from the plot tremendously, but it got the characters right, which was nice. It suffered from "happy feet" syndrome so elgantine never grows out of her down.

One of the biggest things that got on my nerves was Nyra, they made her pretty weak and pathetic. Nyra was the "big bad" through the third/ forth book to the end AND she mated with someone BEFORE kludd. "Metal beak" was some Tyto that never showed his face (and didn't really look like a tyto).

Besides Nyra, they did cool things with the movie. I recommend it.

I've seen the movie last saturday, and I need to have this when it is out on DVD tongue.gif

The animation was amazing! And the burrowing owl was very recognizable.

I never read the books though. I was checking if they have some in the library, but they don't sad.gif

The bookstores here do not sell them either... I think I try to ask one for Christmas or something.. Bol.com has some of the books

BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the movie with my girlfriend and WE loved it. There was a few changes they made but they couldn't do all of it in one movie. I thought the Owl City song played along with it perfectly. I give it a 9/10

i have seen the movie... as soon as i get the money. i will probably by the books because i really enjoyed the movie.

kinda going with the idea that if the movie is good.. the books will be twice as good. because that is how it seems to work out most times.

I've been planning on reading this for some time. My friends who have read it all said it was good, and the movie looks interesting. I read Wolves of the Beyond and liked the idea of owls/wolf interaction.

Read all the books, they are win biggrin.gif. A little disappointed in the movie, of course, since it moved too fast, but I adored animation and the scene where they reached the Ga'Hoole tree, got goosebumps and all xd.png and when Soren flew the storm. Still definitely prefer the books. I love any book with talking birds.

I considered reading them, since I'm reading Wolves of the Beyond(Also written by Kathryn Lasky) and love it so far. So I might read it.

Yeah, both are really good. Guardians of Ga'Hoole starts off a little less serious, but I think it's a little better than Wolves of the Beyond wink.gif . Hope you read it!