Zeekaice

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

I really liked these books. Did you know that she's made a new series? Wolves of The Beyond. Pretty good. Much better than Warriors.

I found the book, and I bought it. But for 19 dollars. good thing I like Lasky!

I have all 16 biggrin.gif

At most i think the movie will be books one through six, at least one through three, and most likely, one through four. I hope that Holywood does not do it again. (IE: Eragon, Lightning thief)

Why? Why do you not want Hollywood to do it again?

I saw Toy Story 3 last night in theatre, and they had a preview for the movie. I actually think I'll read it if it's anything like the movie.

There's going to be a Guardians of ga'Hoole movie? O__O I have not heard this.

I loved these books; I've read all of them. And surprisingly, the characters are not cliche. They're loveable and have flaws like normal characters. And the story was pretty unique overall. I liked the fact that Lasky used owls instead of cats, dogs, or some other creature. It was a nice change from the normal.

The trailer for the movie was pretty good; the books were nice. I think there could have been a second series, like after

Soren became king.

Here's the official trailer for the movie. From the looks of it, it should be pretty accurate, too.

It's gonna be like the Last Airbender; looks accurate, but it ain't nothing like the books/series. At all.

i love the series! and i can't wait for the movie biggrin.gif ! i remember i read the first book, then some of the second, then stopped for some reason (stupid me!). then, i saw the trailer and got all excited! so then i finished the second and the third and was ready for the movie...only to learn it's coming out this fall tongue.gif . now, I'm on the fifth book and i totally love the series!

the movie looks accurate to m,e by the trailer but:

It's gonna be like the Last Airbender; looks accurate, but it ain't nothing like the books/series. At all.

now I'm kinda worried sad.gif i really hope they don't mess it up.

I have read all 16 books. They arez epic! I loved it so much I started re-reading them all.

BTW, evryone, don't get your hopes up about the film. It's made by the same people who animated and scripted (i think) the film "Happy Feet". I was excited, I admit, but when I saw the trailer, my heart sank. I cursed a couple times in German (I just have german in my DNA) and fell back into my chair. I could tell the plot would be as awkward as Happy Feet. I don't have anything against British actors, it's just that I never pictured Soren, Gylfie, Digger, Twilight, and the rest to have British accents. They should have left it all as a book series. Maybe Kathryn Laskey will do another series?

I saw Toy Story 3 last night in theatre, and they had a preview for the movie. I actually think I'll read it if it's anything like the movie.

My strange friend, sorry to dissapoint you, but movies are never as good as the books. Any one who rates the movie over the book is worse than a Twilight fan in my opinion.

I have read all 16 books. They arez epic! I loved it so much I started re-reading them all.

BTW, evryone, don't get your hopes up about the film. It's made by the same people who animated and scripted (i think) the film "Happy Feet". I was excited, I admit, but when I saw the trailer, my heart sank. I cursed a couple times in German (I just have german in my DNA) and fell back into my chair. I could tell the plot would be as awkward as Happy Feet. I don't have anything against British actors, it's just that I never pictured Soren, Gylfie, Digger, Twilight, and the rest to have British accents. They should have left it all as a book series. Maybe Kathryn Laskey will do another series?

I think it's just because the series takes place in England (or somewhere around there... I know it ain't the Americas).

I actually like the accents, they work for me xd.png

I expected them to be british, it's in the way that the books were written.

I expected them to be british, it's in the way that the books were written.

I guess, but still...

Yeah, you make a good point...

I think it's just because the series takes place in England (or somewhere around there... I know it ain't the Americas).

I actually like the accents, they work for me xd.png

Actually, it doesn't JUST take place in England. Are there any huge canyons in England?

It would appear as if the Southern Kingdoms are all made out locations in the world. St.Aegolius canyons could be the grand canyon. Silverveil's lush forests sounds a lot like New Zealand. The Sea of Hoolemere could be an Ocean or inland Sea more likely. And Tyto sounds like North American Taiga forests. So, yeah, it's like a big mash-up of the continents. And take note, this is obviously in a post-human era. Although, maybe it's an alternate universe where humans became extinct in the Medieval Ages?

Anyway, yeah, they work for you, that's fine, but theuy don't really work for me. Also, I'm hoping to see it in theaters, so I can see if it's worth getting on DVD. If they din't wreck it, I'll be impressed. But, it's the first 3 books all mushed together. I would've preferred 3 separate movies, one for each book. Just so you can fit more plot and details in them. The movie is obviously going to be 2-3 max hours. That's just 1 hour for each whole book. Doesn't sound like a lot of room for the plot. that's what happened with Lord of the rings. Ever heard of Tom Bombadil in the films? No, because there wasn't even enough time.

So, how many things do you think they'll leave out of this book-to-movie transition?

I'm only up to number 12, but I LOVE the series. I even named a character in my story Coryn. (Aka Ryocn) YAYZ

I'm only up to number 12, but I LOVE the series. I even named a character in my story Coryn. (Aka Ryocn) YAYZ

Isn't that plaguerism?

Edited by 6TheTheif

unless she has a copywrite I don't think so (not sure on that one)

I will most likely go to the movie because I actually enjoyed the series

Actually, it doesn't JUST take place in England. Are there any huge canyons in England?

?

Well, it's also after another ice age, and thousands/millions of years after humanity (I can't remember which) so you need to account for massive climate change, continental drift and glacier activity. And I stand corrected- it takes place over most of Eurasia, not just England. The Sixth Kingdom is based on Tibet, or somewhere in Asia..

Edited by Dr. Paine

This book series is amazing, I won a free book at my schools book-fair and had already bought all the books I wanted so i picked the first book of this series randomly two years later I read it and loved every second. After that i bought them all and read them all. The movie excites me so much, and the song in the trailer, Kings and Queens-30 seconds to mars, love them both smile.gif so excited.

hmmm... adding songs to it don't necessarily make it all better. When I saw Soren flying through the rain with one of those songs playing, I was like "WTF? This is....Weird". So, yeah, my expectations aren't too high for the movie.

The owls in the movie look cool, but the voices... yeah.

Anyways, I like the book series since it's about owls and they're nicely portrayed. It could be better, but it was fun to read a few years ago. I have the first book of the Wolves of the Beyond spinoff, and it's a little better.

I read the first 3 books when they came out so many years ago. :3

Now that I found out the movie's coming out (which I am SO excited about, and I'm trying to get my mom to let me go to a midnight showing if there is one here...), I've been rereading them. I'm on the fourth one, just started it today. biggrin.gif

lol When I saw the trailer for the first time I was just kinda sitting there in the theater thinking "nowai...that cant be...omgitis...omgomgomgITIS!! *happyfit* 8D "

Edit: Arg, stoopid smiley that I hate for some reason

Edit 2:

was the trailer I saw.

At 1:40-1:50 I actually teared up a bit. >.>'

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili