Zeekaice

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

The series of Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

Have you read it?

'Cuz you should. It's really good. There's a movie coming out of it, too--I'm so excited to watch it! 8D

Well...how many of you guys here have read it? Did you like it? What book are you on?

I'm on the second book, and I have up to the ninth book. All besides the first, third, and seventh are from the library, though xP

I think I might have finished three before I gave up on the series. I've never liked animal protagonists that don't feel convincingly like animals instead of oddly shaped humans.

Edited by kadoatie

I own a couple and even bought a couple for my sister, but never got around to actually reading them. *shrugs* Too many in the series...

I loved the series actually.

Can't wait for the movie ^^

I've not read them (although perhaps I should, I always adored animal protagonist books when I was younger) but I am forced to wonder something: What's up with all the book-to-movie things going on these days? Have film writers run totaly out of ideas?

I've read all of them but the last one. I gave up on the series because Soren really didn't ever do anything.

*shrug*

But the last one is the best one. You should read it.

Anyways, I've read all of the books in the series, and it's probably one of my favorites. Love it.

*Eyes grow bulging* THERE'S A MOVIE! (Sorry, I'm excited) Does anyone have a link to the movie?!

Is where I got mah name. :3 Anyhow, the trailer looks epic, but...St. Aggie's? Pure Ones? ;(

Is where I got mah name. :3 Anyhow, the trailer looks epic, but...St. Aggie's? Pure Ones? ;(

What about 'em?

According to Wikipedia, the movie of the first three books, so it should have them. Probably just didn't show it in the trailer. But I can't be sure of that, I guess...

I've read the first 8 or so, but I've been too busy to with other books to read the rest. They are pretty good, though. And I didn't know theey were making a movie. I hope they don't make a completely different storyline, like the Lightning Theif

...there are more Guardian's of Ga'Hoole fans than I thought there were gonna be o_o'

I'm now on the third book. I did lotsa reading while I was stuck in the car on the way here to this apartment/hotel/thing, so yer. I still don't know what the "you only wish" is D8

But, of course, don't tell me XD I want to read what it is...

But if I were to be sent to St. Aggie's, I probably wouldn't survive being moon blinked. I'm not good at last-minute plans...which is why I'm planing early for the zombie Apocalypse.

I'm EXTREMELY excited for the movie. And when I say EXTREMELY, I mean excited beyond belief. I would want it to come out now, but that wouldn't give me time to finish the third, so I want it to come out when I'm done reading the third book XD

...there are more Guardian's of Ga'Hoole fans than I thought there were gonna be o_o'

I'm now on the third book. I did lotsa reading while I was stuck in the car on the way here to this apartment/hotel/thing, so yer. I still don't know what the "you only wish" is D8

But, of course, don't tell me xd.png I want to read what it is...

But if I were to be sent to St. Aggie's, I probably wouldn't survive being moon blinked. I'm not good at last-minute plans...which is why I'm planing early for the zombie Apocalypse.

I'm EXTREMELY excited for the movie. And when I say EXTREMELY, I mean excited beyond belief. I would want it to come out now, but that wouldn't give me time to finish the third, so I want it to come out when I'm done reading the third book xd.png

You've got time. It comes out on the 24th of September.

And you'll find out soon enough...

Guilty pleasure ;D

I own all the books and read them all several times through. My favorites are the forth, sixth, eighth and the legends.

I am however not looking forward to the movie. I have only ever seen movies do poorly recreating my favorite books.

*RANT BELOW IS FULL OF SPOILERS*

the first series is much better then the last four books, IMHO. I loved the plots and emotions, and Lutta from the Legends was possible my favorite character.

HOWEVER

I dislike what Lasky did to the Pure ones after the Three legends books, Nyra wasn't scary just annoyingly convenient.

"Oh LOL I am actually a hagsfiend"

"LoL, Even thought I can't fly I got to this desert and now I can go to the beyond the beyond."

"LOOOL I'm The Female Owl version of Hitler."

Also I didn't really like Sorens three daughters, their names bothered me and the fact only he found a mate out of the "band" kind of got under my skin.

*SPOILERS OVER*

Yay I can geek out about this book to people who understand!

I just started reading the series a few days ago, and am on the third book. It's pretty good so far, I must admit. :-)

Then again, I tend to love animal fantasy in general.

I read the first nine books and thought they were awesome. I started the first few pages of ten but I got lost with other stuff and never picked it up again.

You've got time. It comes out on the 24th of September.

And you'll find out soon enough...

Yep, I sure did--now I just finished the fifth xd.png

Myeesh...I was very shocked. Well, more than just VERY shocked...EXTREMELY shocked o3o

Okaym Now, WHEN does the moie come out?

I love this series!!! 8D

I have the whole set, including the Guide. Now, I just need to get the other ones, which aren't about owls, per se, but still take place in the same world.

Anyways, I'm so excited!! The moment I saw the trailer.....I wanted to glomp the director and the crew xd.png Gawd, that they're going to do this.....I love them.......*giggles like a mad fangirl*

*SOMEWHAT SPOILER*

I LOVE DUMPY!!!!

*END SOMEWHAT SPOILER*

Butbutbutbutbut........I noticed in the trailer......It's taking place more during daytime.....when the sun is up......8C WHAT!!?! They're owls! It's supposed to be during nighttime!!

But, thanks to the trailer, I now know what their real voices sound like....A bit British I think......

I STILL LOVE THE SERIES!! And if the movie messes it up.....I will burn them with infinite bombs and feed their ashes to a volcano.....If not, then I shall eat them with peppers C8

Is it just me, or did you guys think that the letter y to make the sound of the letter i was a bit overused?

I'm only on 5, I started a few weeks ago, and I'm excited for the movie.

I'm on 14 now, almost finished!

Edited by reese920

I think I might have finished three before I gave up on the series. I've never liked animal protagonists that don't feel convincingly like animals instead of oddly shaped humans.

This, only I just made it through the first. XP

I really liked these books. Did you know that she's made a new series? Wolves of The Beyond. Pretty good. Much better than Warriors.

I loved Ga'hoole. I've been thinking about rereading them, because I read them when I was 8.

Awesomeness.