lola92

Dragon Cave Mansion

Help ... There are no instructions for how to remove eggs from the site.

Also, it seems to add one's entire scroll automatically. blink.gif

I usually just fog mine and they are removed that way.

I usually just fog mine and they are removed that way.

I temporarily changed my scroll to not accepting aid from others, but am not sure if this did the trick. There really is no way to tell.

ETA: rubyshoes, I just went in and fogged all 10 of my eggs/hatchlings individually. It was a pain. rolleyes.gif Now I have to check to see if they were removed from the other sites where I added them, all while not being sure if they were removed from DC Mansion.

ETA: nope. Fogging did not remove them from two fansites plus a third I am using for one, so I do not believe that fogging works.

Edited by missy_

I temporarily changed my scroll to not accepting aid from others, but am not sure if this did the trick. There really is no way to tell.

ETA: rubyshoes, I just went in and fogged all 10 of my eggs/hatchlings individually. It was a pain. rolleyes.gif Now I have to check to see if they were removed from the other sites where I added them, all while not being sure if they were removed from DC Mansion.

ETA: nope. Fogging did not remove them from two fansites plus a third I am using for one, so I do not believe that fogging works.

Some fan sites don't remove fogged eggs but I believe DCM does but it can take a while for the fogged eggs to be removed.

Some fan sites don't remove fogged eggs but I believe DCM does but it can take a while for the fogged eggs to be removed.

Problem is, there is no way for users to verify whether their eggs have been removed or not. To me, this site is a security risk. Anyone could add our eggs and we have no way of verifying.

Problem is, there is no way for users to verify whether their eggs have been removed or not. To me, this site is a security risk. Anyone could add our eggs and we have no way of verifying.

Ah, I see. So what you'd like is for the site to change the way it works/add some features? I can't help with that, sorry. But the developer of the site should see your posts when they check in on their thread.

Ah, I see. So what you'd like is for the site to change the way it works/add some features? I can't help with that, sorry.  But the developer of the site should see your posts when they check in on their thread.

Well, 1. I want my eggs/hatchlings removed from their site and I am not convinced that they have been. 2. I am kind of surprised that with such a format this site is allowed to operate, since it seems like a prime candidate for viewbombing attempts. 3. There is no way for us to even verify whether our own eggs are on the site.

Agreed, this is something that the owner needs to take care of.

Edited by missy_

Well, 1. I want my eggs/hatchlings removed from their site and I am not convinced that they have been. 2. I am kind of surprised that with such a format this site is allowed to operate, since it seems like a prime candidate for viewbombing attempts. 3. I say that since there is no way for us to even verify whether our own eggs are on the site.

Agreed, this is something that the owner needs to take care of.

I also think TJ should be made aware of this, in the event the site owner does not fix the issue.

You might be interested in this thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...hl=view+bombing It hasn't been posted in in a while but the info is still valid.

edit: There's also this thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...2770&hl=fansite

edit2: This thread is also in suggestions http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124739

Edited by rubyshoes

You might be interested in this thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...hl=view+bombing It hasn't been posted in in a while but the info is still valid.

edit: There's also this thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...2770&hl=fansite

edit2: This thread is also in suggestions http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124739

Thank you.

In the first thread, the suggestion is made to require scroll names. (And passwords, but at the least, scroll names. Then, discussion ensued.) DC Mansion requires scroll names, but it doesn't change the fact that DC Mansion has a security flaw not found on other fansites, since the scroll owners cannot check to see if their own eggs or hatchlings are on the site.

I will check the other two threads. I agree that viewbombing is a problem that needs to be addressed, but it does not dismiss an individual fansite from having measures in place so that we can easily see whether our eggs have been added to the site.

Thank you.

In the first thread, the suggestion is made to require scroll names. (And passwords, but at the least, scroll names. Then, discussion ensued.) DC Mansion requires scroll names, but it doesn't change the fact that DC Mansion has a security flaw not found on other fansites, since the scroll owners cannot check to see if their own eggs or hatchlings are on the site.

I will check the other two threads. I agree that viewbombing is a problem that needs to be addressed, but it does not dismiss an individual fansite from having measures in place so that we can easily see whether our eggs have been added to the site.

View bombing will happen regardless of being able to check your eggs. Our fan site automatically removes fogged dragons as soon as the page is loaded.

The only way to keep view bombing from happening no matter what is to keep your dragons fogged when you are not at the computer.

I have been view bombed, so I understand your worry. TJ himself told me the only way to make sure my eggs and hatchlings make it is to keep them fogged if I can not watch them or check.

DCM makes it to where you can add an egg or a whole scroll for the simple people who want to use it for an er or a whole hatch site.

Thank you for having this post... I am new to the site

]please go to the actual fan site site to post your eggs/hatchlings

Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks for getting this site running since AoDN is down.

One tiny suggestion... tone down the colors a bit! I was trying to give some views, but if I actually 'viewed' the screen while doing so I got a headache. I think it is just your site because all other webpages look fine with my screen settings. Us old folks have a hard time with the dayglow colors!!

*grumble* Apparently I can't just CHECK if my dragons are posted here, I just accidentally added my scroll to it. sad.gif

I can't fog them all because they are in transfer links, waiting to be picked up.

I tried to remove them from every fansite I know and even some of which I didn't know before, yet they were STILL gaining stats - and I don't want them to hatch before transfer.

Don't you just LOVE "helpful" people?

*grumble* Apparently I can't just CHECK if my dragons are posted here, I just accidentally added my scroll to it. sad.gif

Ruby Eyes:

This is why I do not use this site. There is no way to check if your dragons are in it or not. It loads your scroll automatically, and you are correct about the fogging.

removal off your own eggs works by fogging them or hiding your scroll.

Remember my co-owner (husband and coder) and myself both have a life and children to care for. DCM is a fun side thing I wanted to do my husband just made it possible.

DCM coding is the last thing on our priority list.

removal off your own eggs works by fogging them or hiding your scroll.

Which is what one cannot do with dragons in transfer. And unfortunately I only noticed that they are *still* posted somewhere after the transfer links were sent out.

Remember my co-owner (husband and coder) and myself both have a life and children to care for. DCM is a fun side thing I wanted to do my husband just made it possible.

DCM coding is the last thing on our priority list.

You may want to notice that neither I nor Missy asked for any additional coding. Our posts were just warnings to others that some things are different here.

Which is what one cannot do with dragons in transfer. And unfortunately I only noticed that they are *still* posted somewhere after the transfer links were sent out.

You may want to notice that neither I nor Missy asked for any additional coding. Our posts were just warnings to others that some things are different here.

Hiding your scroll with make your whole scroll disappear from all fansites records. You can not view your scroll at all unless you are logged in by password. So yes it does work with transfer eggs.

Both missy and yourself has asked for a way to check your dragons that are on my site. So yes that is additional coding.

Hiding my scroll, okay, I had no idea that this would work. Will do that next time.

Hiding your scroll with make your whole scroll disappear from all fansites records.

This may be the case for DCM, but it is definitely not true for all fansites. The only thing hiding your scroll does for most fansites is prevent users from adding/removing dragons by scroll name. Any dragons already in the system typically remain there, since they can still be monitored (for cleaning purposes) by code.

I really dislike the fact that there's no indication that inputting your scroll name automatically adds all of your eggs and hatchlings, rather than sending you to a menu where you can manually select which ones you want to add.

Likewise, while there are instructions in this thread about how to remove your eggs if you added some that you don't want receiving views yet (VERY easy to do with the lack of auto-add warning!) there is no such info on the site itself, making it easy to jump to the conclusion that eggs/hatchlings can't be removed.

I understand that you guys may not have the time to code things so that users can manually add/remove/check on their eggs, but could you please at least add some text to the site explaining how to use it? It would cut down a lot on players assuming that it works like other hatcheries and then panicking when they find out it doesn't.

This may be the case for DCM, but it is definitely not true for all fansites.  The only thing hiding your scroll does for most fansites is prevent users from adding/removing dragons by scroll name.  Any dragons already in the system typically remain there, since they can still be monitored (for cleaning purposes) by code.

Heh, I had actually read and interpreted that as "all of this fansite's records," since only one of the other fansites I know & use stores dragons by scrollname - every other site seems to store them independently from their scroll of origin (which is how I find traded eggs and hatchlings already in them when I enter my scrollname).

Also, for accessibility: The site seems to be down.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dcm.abanix.com/

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Site still seems to be down. Hopefully it will be back soon.

Site is back up. Thank you smile.gif

Recently had someone attempt to view bomb me, and I'm going to second (or third, or fourth) the request for easier, more definitive way to remove all of your dragons from this site. Pretty please?

Recently had someone attempt to view bomb me, and I'm going to second (or third, or fourth) the request for easier, more definitive way to remove all of your dragons from this site. Pretty please?

Fog them. It is the ONLY way. I THINK it's one of the sites that remove fogged ones automatically after a few hours, when it updates.