lola92

Dragon Cave Mansion

So..I was avoiding work I had to be doing and added a new feature!

DCM now features a standard egg page, you can now add any egg (or hatchling at present) to this page for gaining clicks on non-ER eggs.

This page also features our egg remover for adult, dead and frozen eggs as well as an automatic ER mover. If the page is loaded and an egg has 4 days or less time on it, it will automatically be moved to the ER (or those trying to be added will be added to the ER for you)!

This feature hasn't been fully tested so please report any problems but hopefully this will help people even more. In the future a separate hatchling area will likely be added as well as several other features, including a system to add all your eggs to the relevant areas with just the input of your username!

I added my flamingo hatchie (since I didn't have an egg I wanted to get extra views at this time) to the non-ER area and it worked fine. smile.gif

Excellent, and if all goes right, if viewed in 2 hours time, it should switch over to the ER smile.gif

Excellent, and if all goes right, if viewed in 2 hours time, it should switch over to the ER smile.gif

It just went to 4 days 1 hour at the 00:45 mark so probably in an hour it should switch over.

There's a problem with dragcave API (which I'm sure you probably know about) that adds a day to hatchie/eggs when they have enough views to grow up. The flamingo hatchie I entered has enough views to grow up and I know by looking at it on other sites that even though it is at 4 days 1 hour, the API sees it as 5 days 1 hour so if it doesn't go to the ER, then the problem may be with the API and not the DCM site.

The Allure of Neglected Dragons site has a feature to force the correct time to get around the API problem with ER eggs/hatchies so I entered my scroll name and saw that the API without forcing correct time shows 5 days 1 hour and if I use the force correct time, it has 4 days 1 hour - so we will see at 00:45. smile.gif

There's actually a thread in the suggestion area asking for the API problem to be fixed, but nothing has happened yet.

edit: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98628 Here's the thread. smile.gif

edit 2 to keep from double posting: I see that the hatchie is in the ER area now and when I click on the "egg" area I get the following "Duplicate entry 'LGKH' for key 'PRIMARY'". Another edit: I get the "egg" area fine now without the error message.

Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks

As a result all checks on egg life have been increased by 24 hours until the bug is fixed. As a result all eggs should function correctly and be classed as the right time.

Your hatchling successfully moved to the ER too smile.gif

Just saw your edit2: fine now, forgot to finish the move! tongue.gif

Edited by tweakNB

Thanks, tweakNB. I look forward to seeing more site changes sometime in the future. smile.gif

No problem smile.gif Should be able to fit in regular updates if things keep going as smoothly as they are at present.

I love this site. I use it for my ERs (and for some regular eggs) almost everyday. smile.gif

I recently used this site for two ER eggs I managed to nab and it worked like a charm =) I'll have to add this to my repertoire of click sites!

As my time is quite limited, what feature would people like to see next on DCM?

The real power of Dragcave mansion is its simplicity.

It's fantastic :3

The real power of Dragcave mansion is its simplicity.

It's fantastic :3

Agree. I really enjoy using this site. smile.gif

I tried to add a hatchling I had and it told me, even though it was at 4 days and had not grown up, that I could not add dead, adult, or frozen dragons.

So I tried adding an egg. I got the same message.

What's going on? I'm a little confused because I like using this site, it's very simple and easy to use....

Looks like it's a problem with the API. I'll have to get lola to contact TJ. Apologies for the inconvenience.