lola92

Dragon Cave Mansion

I'd really like to have a better way to remove eggs and hatchies from here, because someone keeps adding them sad.gif

Any solutions?

So would I. I can't even see what I HAVE in there, but I think there are some...

So would I. I can't even see what I HAVE in there, but I think there are some...

Ditto. No idea if I've got eggs/hatchis in there or not.

It looks like the owner of the site isn't checking the forum. Maybe someone can email or PM her? Just a thought!

Here's a thought: since the owners of this site don't appear to have time to code in a removal option (or an option to manually select what you want added/removed), why not outsource this particular job? I bet someone else out there has more time on their hands and would love to do that additional coding.

Before somebody starts talking about "site privacy", you have to remember that most of the other fansites have several people, strangers even, working on them - AOND even changed its owner/coder (I think).

Edited by Beldarius

Here's a thought: since the owners of this site don't appear to have time to code in a removal option (or an option to manually select what you want added/removed), why not outsource this particular job? I bet someone else out there has more time on their hands and would love to do that additional coding.

Before somebody starts talking about "site privacy", you have to remember that most of the other fansites have several people, strangers even, working on them - AOND even changed its owner/coder (I think).

Not to nay-say the idea; for sites that are set up for that to be feasible, it's a good one.

But, which fansites are you thinking of that have "several people"? AoND is just me (previously, Agrona handled the hosting account, but the code has always been my part). I'm fairly certain that DragHatch is just evina, Silvi's Lair is just Silvi, ValleySherwood is just MaidMarian, EATW is just (whatshisname), Egg Drop Soup is just (whats*his*name, apparently inactive), Hatching Club is just Derek...

The various forum fansites more commonly have multiple people, but beyond that, I'm not sure there are any that have multiple people working on the code. Daily Dragon Fix has transitioned from one person to another, because the first went inactive, but I believe she's now the only one. This site was set up by one person and maintained by another, but as I recall, the one who set it up explicitly said that was all they were doing for the site, meaning it's only one person in charge even here -- and at that, I'm not sure if either of the two are still active, unfortunately. And without someone who has access being active, it won't matter much if they're willing to outsource, or if anyone is willing to take on the task. sad.gif

Oh, so I guess it's pretty useless to even talk about this site anymore if the owners are inactive. tongue.gif I would be surprised if it even came back anymore if it goes down again.

Why doesn't it allow you to choose what to add and especially why doesn't it allow you to remove dragons? I tried this site because I needed more ERs to hatch some trade fodder so I could go to bed. There are eggs (and especially a hatchling) on my scroll that I do not want on any hatchery because I want them to last as long as possible for trading. I try to add just the two eggs I want to ER and it grabs my scroll and adds everything. I'm now rather distressed, wondering if I should cancel teleports and hide stuff or what.

Does the fansite have a Privacy Policy stating which information is collected, used, shared and who the information is shared with?

A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: core/Loader.php

Line Number: 232

The site has been broken for me, but only when I'm on my phone.  Works fine on the computer (except for when I tried to add an egg today and that dragon was supposedly dead :mellow:)

I tried to add an egg that had been warded by a white dragon, and got a message that the egg was dead so couldn't be added.  :(  Reading this thread, I'm guessing that the owner hasn't been on DC in ages, so has no idea about the warding mechanic.

Really annoyed about the "no way to check what's in there or remove things" thing.

I just picked up an egg that was sick and steadily gaining views.  After I checked most of the clicksites I could find, it was still gaining approximately one view per refresh.  I went to try to check this... yeah, all my eggs are in there now.

However, in the time it's taken me to type this, another of my new eggs has gone from 6 views to... 6 views.  I infer that it's not very active.  Whew.

This fansite appears to have gone inactive, I only see TJ's joke egg in there and the ER is filled with adults. OP, if you decide to keep this fansite active and updated you can PM me and I'll re-open this thread for you.