Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

Yea I didnt think it was coding issue, simply was too random failing with nothing being changed. Since I have not noticed this issue with any other site, that implies to me API is not prime culprit either. Which as far as I know, leaves Server related issue as the main culprit. As Ruby Eyes mentioned above.

The new dragons are still easily available in the cave, and I just caught 3. I had the same problem at Silvi's, but it seems to be fixed now. :-)

Sorry to mention, Silverdrak, but I still just had it happen twice, trying to enter dragons, (has been ongoing for me, although not every time,) and have also been sometimes getting errors trying to update hatchies/adults, although that generally works the 2nd try. Not a biggie, except an indication of something going on.

I LOVE IT!!!!

I almost lost my babies!! Had 3 HOURS left on them because well... I had NOOO idea about hatcheries! So I searched frantically in these forums about what to do. Ran across this lovely place, and within 2 hours, BAM! My babies hatched! I lost one egg a day before it all sadly, but I won't make that mistake again! Ever!

I'm going to proudly advertise the hatchery so everyone who sees my siggy can help everyone else's bebehs!

happy.gif

Again, thanks sooooo much! biggrin.gif

These are the babies that were saved and are now all grown up!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Zeus's Lightning ___ Raytah ___ Aphrodite's Mirror

Does the fansite have a Privacy Policy stating which information is collected, used, shared and who the information is shared with?

There is no personal information stored to an entry (egg/hatchling/dragon added to the site) if that's what you are looking for.

The Lair only uses what it get's from the DC API (API Docu: http://dragcave.net/api.txt) to an entry and that information is deleted entirely once the entry gets removed or the system recognizes that the entry can't grow any further.

For the "Users online" display IPs from the currently online people are temporarily (10 minutes) stored to care that people don't get count twice and deleted afterwards. I remove that display if that should be a big deal in anyway.

This information is not shared to any third party.

This is a Fansite ment to help people to grow their dragons. Nothing more.

EDIT:

hm... Did some research on this... and will try to write a text for this. I noticed that there is an analytics tool in the control center of my provider. I'm not using it but this means that there may be information collected too. I'll try investigating that. smile.gif

EDIT2:

Okay, added some text. smile.gif

Edited by Silverdrak

I've noticed that the hatchery is very slow this evening. I needed to reenter my scroll name repeatedly before the site finally recognized my scroll name. Seems like there are a lot of players using this hatchery, which also happens to be the only one I regularly use.

Lately it seems that many times only part of the dragons on the page are loading for me. It will stop after it has loaded some of the lair, but not every section. On the next refresh it may load normally or it may stop at a different point. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just my computer or my browser?

Lately it seems that many times only part of the dragons on the page are loading for me. It will stop after it has loaded some of the lair, but not every section. On the next refresh it may load normally or it may stop at a different point. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just my computer or my browser?

It's happening to me too, although as of last night it seems to be working ok again. It is godawful laggy, though. sad.gif

I couldn't reproduce that yet. Are the tiny arrows there when that happens? If so, the lair has picked the bunch of entries to show but the pictures that are stored at DC don't load for some reason. That could either be an issue at DC or perhaps with your internet connection.

Is there a special time frame where it happens? During DC maintenance the pictures aren't available for example. Your browser may in that case show some pictures that it had cached at your last visit.

It hasn't happened for me today, either. But no, the arrows weren't there when the egg/hatchling images were missing. It looked just as normal except that it cut off after a row or so of eggs or sometimes showed all the eggs but then cut off after a few hatchlings. It was during the day, not at maintenance times. The images are not scattered. They all show up up to a certain point and then there is nothing. It didn't seem like DC was lagging, either. If anything the Lair seemed laggy. It would show "transferring data from lair.silverdrak.de" for a long time and then just stop loading.

I was trying to add my just bred egg, but I'm always told that whatever I am trying to add does not exist

Your egg says you're accepting aid so I added it - basically, just keep trying until it works, as the site seems to encounter frequent errors when checking data with DC.

Still having problems with the page not always fully loading. Here is a screen cap of what it looks like when it happens. It loads everything up to a certain point (in this case, part of the eggs in the incubator) and then just stops. I have had the same problem on two different computers and both Firefox and Chrome. I would say it probably loads normally the majority of the time, but this happens fairly often.

Keep getting an error trying to remove an adult new hybrid: http://dragcave.net/view/Hr5Ec

Just came into the site for the first time today and the other adults are having no problem, but this one has come up several times now, so thought I'd mention, in case it's a trend.

Edit: haven't seen that one the last few refreshes, but now this adult Bolt seems to have the same issue: http://dragcave.net/view/1bOKV

Probably nothing, but thought it probably better to mention in case it's the beginning of some glitch or something.

Re-edit: No adult showing at all the past few Refreshes, but I'll leave this up anyway, just in case it points to anything in the event of a problem with the new dragons at either end.

Edited by Syphoneira

Hi, PsychoDragonFanatic,

Welcome to DC!

If you go into the link in the first post on the first page, you'll get into the fansite proper, where you can enter your scrollname to get the option of entering your dragons into the site. (Edit: we aren't allowed to post non-lineage links on the forum site, just to mention. smile.gif )

I've always found that Silvi's is a safe site for even new eggs, so good pick. smile.gif

But the Views given at any fansite site are dependent on the users giving Views, so if users keep the Refreshing page (I usually run Silvi's set on a 5-minute Refresh but for hours, maybe all day, but have a lot of other stuff up, too, so don't want to push my computer) of whatever fansite they're using running in the background on the computer while poking around the forums or wherever else, we give and get Views and especially if we all give the odd Clicks (not essential, but help) to some dragons on the page you're running, it works out nicely. Otherwise, not so much, lol.

And Happy Hunting!

Edited by Syphoneira

Is the site loading r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y for anyone else, or is it just me?

Is the site loading r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y for anyone else, or is it just me?

It's been slow all day for me.

I thought it was rather slow for a while, but the last few days it has been "I'll get a cup of coffee after clicking the bookmark" slow. :-/

Will try to figure out whats going on there later today. My database is doing fine, the webserver too. So I'll have to dig deeper. But right now I have to go to work.

Same problem here, hope you'll be able to figure out soon what's causing it and thank you very much for keeping this amazing site running for all of us!

Edited by Amaterasu-sama