Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

works ok for me except the eggs I added this morning have gotten sick dry.gif

Heh, error message:

"MySQL server has gone away"

Seems the site is getting holiday hiccups.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

anyone find that overall (not just this hatchery) thier eggs arent getting the views they normally would? Im on 3 different sites and still only a couple hundred views, I've never had it move this slow before

The various sites have ~1000 to 1200 ERs right now ...

anyone find that overall (not just this hatchery) thier eggs arent getting the views they normally would? Im on 3 different sites and still only a couple hundred views, I've never had it move this slow before

Due to how full the hatcheries are right now I'm using double the amount of hatcheries to get the same amount of views. It should slowly get back to normal as the Halloweens grow up.

Its not a complaint, I love these sites, it was just an observation and a request for confirmation ie; now I know it's not just my system but an actual thing happening lol. Ive just never noticed it happen before

Thanks for the explanation.

It won't accept my 'scroll name'; it keeps saying there's an error and that it couldn't find any. Help?

It pulled your scroll up fine for me. Be sure to enter only the actual name part ex. you'd enter only flyingnorth and not the url info

One thing I'm curious about hatcheries:

A minute ago I went to Silvi's and AoND. Silvi's has 277 ER eggs and 1464 ER hatchies. AoND has 218 ER eggs and 60 ER hatchies.

Why is the egg:hatchie ratio so different in the two hatcheries?

(I mean, Silvi's has more ER hatchies than eggs, while AoND has more ER eggs than hatchies)

One thing I'm curious about hatcheries:

A minute ago I went to Silvi's and AoND. Silvi's has 277 ER eggs and 1464 ER hatchies. AoND has 218 ER eggs and 60 ER hatchies.

Why is the egg:hatchie ratio so different in the two hatcheries?

(I mean, Silvi's has more ER hatchies than eggs, while AoND has more ER eggs than hatchies)

Random guess:

I think Silvi's auto-ERs dragons, so perhaps there are that many ER hatchies in AoND too (I haven't checked), but users aren't ERing them. And since people are so less often hatchie-locked than egg-locked, growing hatchlings wouldn't be as much of a priority as hatching eggs. So it makes complete sense that people would be more focused on ERing eggs, even manually, than they would on hatchlings.

Yes, Silvi's does auto-ER - personally, I always feel safer with that feature, because if anything happens and I can't get on, (assuming my dragons aren't Fogged, lol,) my babies will still live.

But yet another factor in the above situation might be that some people use only one or a few lower-View sites, so that it might take longer to hatch eggs in a manner which is safer for those who can't watch growing dragons closely, and Silvi's is perfect for that, with many newer people starting their successful fansite use here, as many recommend.

I always add new eggs to Silvi's (and Daily Dragon Fix) and (although I do watch mine carefully,) even going in at 7 days, they get a safe level of Views which doesn't make them Sick.

Silvi's is a SUPER, lower-View and safe site but if singly used, without adding dragons into any other fansites, and especially if waiting for a day or so before adding eggs anywhere, as many players do, the eggs are more likely to need ERing at 4 days in order to hatch - safe, but a little slower.

AOND is a SUPER, higher-View site, and people using AOND (when appropriate, as with slightly older eggs) are more likely to have their eggs hatch right at 4D, and when manually entered into the (higher-View) AOND (and likely other) ER(s), would also tend to hatch more quickly when they ARE ERed, reducing the numbers in the AOND ER in that manner - due to more rapid attrition - as well.

This obviously also applies to hatchies.

Since AOND requires manual ER entry, those using the ER there are also more likely to be on hand specifically because they're eager for said eggs/hatchies to hatch/grow up ASAP and actively planning for that extra space, so are also more likely to have been planning all the way through, so perhaps more likely to have higher percentages of players using multiple fansites to maximize the speed of the process, which would play into the number of ERs in the AOND as well, since these would hatch/grow up and be removed more quickly

So that difference in the number of ERs in the different sites would be at least partially due to different methods of hatchery use among certain of the players,

with, logically, a number of those among the masses of people (probably most players use Silvi's? which is highly recommended to new people as safe, and as auto-ERing) likely to use Silvi's only, or using only a couple of lower-view sites for safety,

as opposed to a higher-View site with more likely a higher proportion of users likely to incorporate other fansites strategically used to minimize time before hatching/growing up, and, I would think, more likely to be used by players more certain of various dragon-raising requirements and risks,

so that the numbers of dragons at each site requiring ERing are likely to be different,

and with such variation due also to higher View rates in one hatchery (in which I personally would not enter a 7-day egg but count on for those somewhat older, and for ERs) producing faster ER results in dragons also having higher View/U View numbers to begin with (and more likely perhaps to have multiple fansite entries adding to the accumulated higher View/U View numbers) but where dragons are both perhaps less likely to need ERing and must be manually entered into the ER

than in another fansite (in which I personally would and do enter 7-day eggs, and rely upon throughout the process) where auto-ERs are more likely to have a proportion entered only in a single, lower-View fansite, with dragons entering with lower Views and therefore staying in longer and the site therefore having higher numbers of entries in for a longer period,

so that the numbers of existing ERs at each site which are likely to be ER-entered are, as has been noted, very different and, if entered, are likely to have different lengths of time spent in the ER for many of these entries, with differing ER View rates - and either a faster or slower process with a higher or lower percentage of dragons likely to start at higher or lower Views - determining time spent in the ER to create higher numbers of dragons entered through accumulation or, conversely, reduced numbers, through attrition.

At least, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it, lol.

If my brain was working, I'll bet I could have done that in about 6 lines... laugh.gif

But I hope that spelling it out like this also might help newer people work out strategies for faster hatching, having a better idea of what's involved in dragon-raising through fansite use.

Your site doesn't let me add my egg. Its code is "XD."

pls fix.

Just saw this - now ROFLMAO and... I'm laughing so hard that I can't get it back on!

So, does that mean it is TJ himself who sometimes goes around adding those codes to the hatcheries? I always assumed it was some other prankster. xd.png

Mustn't let Silvi's fall off the page!

Never seen so few people on as right now, 15 when I first came on, down to 12 - usually at least 20-odd - 30-ish... Where's the love? lol

Mustn't let Silvi's fall off the page!

Never seen so few people on as right now, 15 when I first came on, down to 12 - usually at least 20-odd - 30-ish... Where's the love? lol

27 as of now so probably was just a low time then.

I just went to add some eggs and it cannot find me all of a sudden. I use this site ALL the time Anyone know what is going on?

Well, the egg ER is full of hatchlings, the hatchling ER is full of adults ... I suppose Silvi's has issue with the API.