Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

About the banner, do you have anything you'd like to see? Do you want the color to match the rest of the page? Any specifics? xd.png

I started doing a pixel of Silvi (Silverdrak, my avatar, so me in a way) where she is curled up around a small pill of eggs maybe I add some hatchies too. It should be placed beside the "Silvi's Lair" headline on the page. Not sure when it will be done. ^^'

I rescued several egg and hatchis of friends before there were hatcheries where you can put them in. It's a while ago now but that's more or less the background of that pixel I'm doing and the name of the hatchery. The silver dragoness is careing for the little ones.

If you like you can do something according to that. But I'm also open for other ideas. smile.gif

Edited by Silverdrak

Looks great! =D

I added my babies ^^

Just 2 suggestions:

1. should allow ppl to open a viewer that auto refreshes every 10/20/30 sec or so

2. get rid of the 'alt="adopt one today"' code, so unloaded eggs don't show the texts ^^;

otherwise really great site! Everything's made easy / automated--looking forward to see how many views i'll get n_n

I'm trying this out now. Looks very nice!

I love automated hatcheries where you don't have to type in every single code (but it's nice that you can, apparently)! smile.gif

I'm seconding the wanting of an optional auto-refresher. It gives people the ability to give more views without spending much time, which makes the fansite more effective.

So yes, would be cool.

But nice work so far! :-)

Oh, a new Fan site! I'll try it out smile.gif

It look really nice and simple, I like it. Just hope that it gives many clicks to :3

C'est vraiment bien! J'adore!

Nous parlons anglais.

I had to use google translator xd.png

I <3 Silvi's Lair! I already added mine. But theres an error when I add my scroll, so I had to add a single code.

Edited by Harp

Thank you so much!

Have any banners been completed yet? I would like to put one in my signature to support the new hatcheries.

Thanks!

Yes, I cast my suggestion too for an auto refresher. biggrin.gif

Edited by Dragonbox

- Added a "check all"-checkbox

- the alt text is gone from the images

- and there is a refresher now *

*refresh times are setable to 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 minutes currently. Default is 2 minutes If I get the feeling that it is going to kill the ERs I'll set the times higher. To many views aren't healthy.

@Harp

For me it seems to work fine. Could you pm me what exactly you did?

Looking good! Using the refresher at the moment. I'd also like to (try to) make a banner for you, or small banners for in peoples sigs. smile.gif If you agree and if you could tell me what you'd like on it...?

I really like it, however I dislike how the text bar is on the left side of the eggs and hatchlings. As the images are loading, the text bar bounces down so that when you are trying to enter your scroll name or click on the eggs/hatchlings it makes it really difficult to click. If it were above the eggs/hatchlings, I think that would stop it from moving around.

Add mine - I love automated sites. Bookmark this site.

I love the refresh-site too. I can give clicks within doing something else smile.gif

Great!

Hope for a banner to take it at my siggy. wink.gif

Thanks!

Edited by Sitamun

Going on my favorite's list.

Great job, as far as I can tell.

I love that you can add single hatchies/eggs and remove them too.

And just adding the whole scroll is awesome for saving time.

Overall: A great set up. the viewing page is big enough and I think 50 eggs/hatchies per page is perfect, helps loading time and refreshing is easy.

very nice site, adding it to my hatcheries list as well. Do you have a banner I could put in my sig?

Looks nice so far. Added my scroll. I do have a suggestion though. Can you make it so that the box where we add our scrolls or codes is above the random dragons and eggs? Each time a new line or three of eggs and hatchlings show up, that box goes further down. Makes it hard to add scroll or codes if I have to chase that box all the way down the screen. xd.png

Yikes, I just tried the site again now that there are more dragons, and I definitely see what people mean about the add-box running down the screen! That is less than pleasant.

However, I kind of like having it on the left side, rather than across the top of the page. So perhaps something as simple as telling that single table cell to top-align, rather than middle-align, would work?

Otherwise, it looks very nice, though. smile.gif

Edited by bbik

The box will stay at the left side because I like it there.

For IE and Opera users it is on the top anyway because the layout isn't doing what I want there. ^^' (at least in my IE and Opera).

For Firefox and Seamonkey people I added a minimum height to that box so the fast people that can't wait two seconds can click it and enter what they want before it starts to move a little (works fine for me). If you are not that fast you can anyway wait a sec until the page is done with loading.... wink.gif

I added some Banners to the first page.

Thanks for the overall positive feedback. biggrin.gif

Silverdrak thanks for all the help on my site. I got API access and all. biggrin.gif But I don't know how to code with it... I'll have to look into it more.

I added a minimum height to that box

Just a quick tip, which I only recently discovered myself:

For min-height to make any difference, you also need max and general. So, style="min-height: 300px; max-height: 100%; height: auto;" (Though, height:100% and max-height:100% don't actually do much either because of how height works, but at least it will allow the min-height to be noticed that way, and it won't change anything on the upper end.)