Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

Are you talking about your dragons? Or any random dragons in the hatchery? If you mean your dragons, you can do whatever you want with them -- except put them in your signature on this forum (linking to fansites is acceptable, however). The other dragons in the hatchery have their own owners, most of whom would not be happy with someone else trying to help when they're not expecting it.

As for how dragons get views in the hatchery, every time you visit a fansite, a random selection of dragons is loaded in your browser, which gives those dragons a view from you. The same thing happens for every person who visits. There are enough people visiting that each dragon gets a healthy number of views.

So that should mean that my egg will survive! Hurray! Let's just hope it gets enough in time. Only like 5 days and I want to avoid abandoning another egg.

We need to have every single self-serve hatchery fansite have at least an optional password system. With an optional system you can sign in normally if you don't make a password, but if you do make one you can know that you are the only person who can add your eggs to that fansite. I know I would immediately make a password with every fansite that offers that feature so that I wouldn't have to hide my scroll any more...

Yes, can be seen as a pain to have to sign in to a fansite to add your dragons, but it's a lot less of a pain than hiding your scroll so nobody else can add your dragons to fansites.

The other day some jerk added my scroll to at least four fansites, I found it in three and they were still gaining views so it was in at least one more. That wouldn't have happened if all the sites had passwords as at least an option.

Please note that it is very important that with a password system you need to say that it is a security risk for the DC account to use the same password for it and the fansite.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'm thinking of adding a password option for a long time already. I just got no time to implement something like this yet. I'll look into that issue once we are finished with the renovation of our new house and we are moved in there and internet is running and everything. It's still a lot of work.

There are a lot of things that need to be done that I just can't get at currently.

sad.gif

Would it be optional for those who don't want to use passwords?

What I'm suggesting is an optional system, since I know a mandatory password system would go over like a lead balloon. [unless of course it was somehow required at the DC end, that way no site can advertise with "no password needed!" and get tons of users because of it]

Glad to hear it. I love your site, but it was one of the ones the bomber used. =(

Don't know if anyone noticed that but in my hatchery eggs and hatchies with a certain amount of UV don't get display until they are ERs. wink.gif

It was built that way from the start to avoid that entries die from to many views. Unfortunately that has no influence on other hatcheries.

Edited by Silverdrak

That's cool, but no help when the dragons added are in teleport and trying to get deep into the ER stage without hatching. xP I basically had to cancel the teleports and raise them myself because there was no way they could be good gifting fodder when they're in an unknown fansite and continuing to get views.

Great site.

Just a note: Silvi's Lair seems to get a lot of traffic. So make sure you don't add your eggs to soon or they will get sick.

Great site.

Just a note: Silvi's Lair seems to get a lot of traffic. So make sure you don't add your eggs to soon or they will get sick.

Hm, I don't think so. I add all my eggs immediately to this site, and only this one.

So far, they never got sick, and they always hatched nicely.

Silverdrak's comment a few posts up would actually explain why this site works so fine wink.gif

I've been using this site for quite awhile now as well. it is one of my main hatchery sites. i like it a lot. i'd be sad if it ever went down lol. keep it going, smile.gif

Don't know how this one got by me, I like automated hatcheries and my list has been shrinking as some disappear by the wayside.

Added you to my list of faves. Thank you for creating this site!

I've been using this great hatchery ever since my first days in Dragon Cave, and this is the first time I found a "bug" of some sort. When I add my scroll to the site, it detects a fogged dragon with the code jjL3Z... Which I never had in my scroll. It doesn't appear to be using a slot, and I spot this "invisible dragon" only on Silvi's Lair. Any ideas...? It's not that annoying, I'm just curious/worried.

user posted image

Edited by SafiraThePanther

I've been using this great hatchery ever since my first days in Dragon Cave, and this is the first time I found a "bug" of some sort. When I add my scroll to the site, it detects a fogged dragon with the code jjL3Z... Which I never had in my scroll. It doesn't appear to be using a slot, and I spot this "invisible dragon" only on Silvi's Lair. Any ideas...? It's not that annoying, I'm just curious/worried.

user posted image

Out of curiousity I checked out the code and it belongs to an Adult Paper dragon named Charles I's attendant Halkela. That's very strange. blink.gif

Unfortunately, I can't help with the problem. I don't know about technical stuff. laugh.gif

I've been using this site for over a year now, and it's the only one I use. ^-^ In other words, I really really love this site. I always put my eggs in right away and they never get sick and hatch just fine. It's great.

Anyway, when I went on today to click some eggs, I noticed that instead of the egg's page popping up underneath the hatchigarden, it now opens up a new tab. I am not a huge fan of this. :/ I know it's been this way before, but it's been a while since I've seen it operate that way... I was just wondering if it was something that was changed within the site, or if there is some sort of setting that I am missing that allows me to switch it back and forth. Honestly, I would rather not have a million tabs open up when I go to click a bunch of eggs/hatchies. >.<

I add my eggs to a few sites to get them to hatch, but I have never been able to add them to yours. My Scroll name is the same as my forum name, and when ever I enter it I get the message: Please enter a valid scroll name.

Is it because I have '~' in my username? Is there a way to fix that?

I add my eggs to a few sites to get them to hatch, but I have never been able to add them to yours. My Scroll name is the same as my forum name, and when ever I enter it I get the message: Please enter a valid scroll name.

Is it because I have '~' in my username? Is there a way to fix that?

If you go to your scroll, the URL appears to be "~Horsie%20Girl~". If you put that into the DragHatch site, and then press open scroll, it works for that.

If you go to your scroll, the URL appears to be "~Horsie%20Girl~". If you put that into the DragHatch site, and then press open scroll, it works for that.

I just tried that, and it didn't work for me. sad.gif

Really love this site! biggrin.gif love the style and the simplicity! It's also kept really clean too which makers it nicer to view! smile.gif defiantly one of my faves now!

Not sure if it's a bug:

When I tried to enter the dragons on my scroll, 2 fogged items with codes DUssv and 8UjvF appeared along with my other items. But they're not mine, and when I went to check the codes, they showed as fogged indeed.

Since this seem to be a more often asked question, I decided to write a longer answer:

Actually this is a feature that sometimes appears buggy. I can't really do anything against it apart from removing the feature.

First of all to understand this you need to know that Dragon Cave and my hatchery are two different applications. Dragon Cave has an API, that way my site can communicate with DC. My site can ask it questions like "What eggs and hatchlings are currently on scroll xyz?" and the API answers with the specific information. In short my site only knows things when the DC API tells it about it. My site doesn't know immidiately when something changed with an egg or hatchling. It checks every entry's state periodically.

Now to the problem or the reason why I added that feature: When the Dragon Cave API is asked to return the hatchlings and eggs of a scroll it only give back unfogged entries. That means if you had added a egg/hatchi that is currently fogged, it wouldn't appear in the list you see when you enter the scrollname. So you would have to unfog it if you wanted to remove it from my site. To avoid that I added this feature: When entering a scrollname it also checks all fogged entries on my site if there are some with the entered scrollname and if so add them to the list.

Unfortunately the API doesn't give back any information on who the owner of a fogged eggs/hatchis is. So if an egg/hatchling was added to my site and later on abandoned, then taken from AP and fogged immidiately, it can happen that they are still listed with the old scrollname on my site because my site had no chance to find out that there had been an owner change.

That might be the reason why you see that two fogged. You can remove them if you don't want to see them listed. The person who owns them now might not want them to be in a hatchery anyway.

If DUssv and 8UjvF have never ever been on your scroll I need to check if there's something wrong because that shouldn't happen.

With the display tweaks for the ER, is there a way (a link to a second page or something) that would allow me to see all ER eggs and/or all ER hatchies, e.g. for when I'm feeling n a "cleaning mood" (to remove all the hatched/adults) or when I want to check if my little egg is ACTUALLY in there?