Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

That seem to happen from time to time when there is a lot workload for a moment.

Usually it's back when you reload the site. So no need to worry. Just try again. smile.gif

I love the listing of the number of rares on the site.

Cool! I saw my pygmy egg the first refresh! (but no other eggs of mine though. Yes it was mine, it had the link to 'Actions' and the exact same father and mother.)

This is my favorite fan site i always post my eggs there when they have about 5 days left and i love how you can now see which rares are on the side and how many.

I see you've put more egg stats up in the side bar... its really interesting to see all the dragons on the website... *gives Silvi a cookie for being amazing*

I've found a glitch in the site.

I entered an egg (I'll call it egg1) in the ER, and there was already an egg (I'll call it egg2) with the same letters/numbers combo (but with more capitals) in the ER. egg2 was fogged, and had been updated/removed, but when I tried to add mine, the site just returned egg2 to the Hatching Sands, claiming egg1 (yes it said egg1's code) "is a/an ER and is already on the site. It was updated successfully." egg1 isn't in the Hatching Sands.

Ctrl+F5 didn't help.

Edited by Morgaine Lythande

I just noticed you added the number of alts on site to the stats section of the site. Thanks. smile.gif

smile.gif

Yeah, wanted to add it earlier but didn't got to it.

Btw. are the tiny icons okay?

I'm thinking of replacing the Top 5 with a Top 15 (or so) which is showing icons instead of written Names. They also would have those tooltips that appear when you move the mouse over them.

Unless there is an event the Top 5 didn't change much, so a Top 15 would probably be more interesting. I'm just not sure about the icons. ^^

*munches athy's cookie* :3

I like the tiny icons with the tooltips that show the name when you mouse over it. A top 15 would be interesting.

I like the tiny icons with the tooltips that show the name when you mouse over it. A top 15 would be interesting.

Agreed. Great site, btw.

One thing I'd like to see if possible (I looked and didn't see it but I may have overlooked it), is how many people are currently viewing the site/autorefresher.

I found a glitch on this site.

If I add my dragons and the site hasn't fully loaded, DC crushes for 5 minutes, making dragons and else unable to display. In 5 minutes, it's up again. It also happens if your scroll hasn't fully loaded, it just crashs and comes up in 5 minutes again.

I am using many fansites and needed a while to find out, it only happens if I add my dragons to Silvis Lair...

Any idea what it could be?

What happens to Silvis Lair?

I'm not sure where the problem is, could you explain it in more detail?

When DC is down, fansites can't get any data from there, so they can't display information. Do think that is everywhere the same.

No, no no, DC is UP, but when I enter the site and Silvi's Lair tries to load all the sprites and data from DC, it crashes, pictures are not loading anymore for 5 minutes and after 5 minutes, DC is up again.

But if I enter Silvi again and it loads not all sprites, it crashes. I stll can add hatchies and such but DC is down then for 5 minutes and showing no sprites on no fansite til these 5 minutes are over.

I searched and my computer has no virus...

My site has no influence on DC or other sites. It's just loading pictures like any other site would do as well and only ask for data from dc API when entries need to be added or updated on my site. Nothing more.

Maybe this is a browser issue. Did you try clearing your browser cache?

I love your site, Silverdrak. It's the one I count on the most for raising my babies.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Yes, it has nothing to do with my cache, I use FF like the most people do...

But it always happens if I try to add my scroll and if the site hasn't fully loaded, then it crashs for some reason.

It never happens to me on other fansites. It also happens if I just click on my scroll while all my dragons didn't load fully.

Back then, I used to click dragons with the auto-refresher, but after a few times refreshing, the pictures didn't load anxmore as well, telling me there is an error. Since that, I don't refresh anymore.

I use FF as well and I don't have that issue.

That's why I think your browser is doing something weird.

Did you try if pressing Ctrl+F5 helps?

Could you pm me a screenshot of the error you get in the refresher and/or anywhere else?

Otherwise I have no clue what I can do for you. I have tried what you described in all of my browsers and none of them reproduced your problem.

Love the new 15 top breeds with the tiny icons (and the number of users on line).

Edited by rubyshoes

Love the new 15 top breeds with the tiny icons (and the number of users on line).

Agreed! I remember suggesting this feature a long time ago to another fansite, but sadly they were never able to implement it. I love seeing what others are raising biggrin.gif

I have to add my "yay" to that pile, I just noticed those stats on the side and I think it's really cool! biggrin.gif

Dearest Silvi, I do hope this isn't going to be a problem for you to have to fix, but I thought I'd better mention it.

The rest of the site's been working fine: I entered dragons with no problems and clicked two pages on the entry part, but I've tried putting the refresher on several times and get only 'Error 500 - Internal server error'...???

I hope we're OK here!

Edit: never mind, the refresher's working fine now, but perhaps I'll leave this up, just in case it's some on again/off again issue with either this site or DC...

Maybe just some recoding/lag issue at DC?

Edited by Syphoneira

The refresher doesn't seem to be working for me unless I press Go and refresh manually. I have it set for 2 mins, but I can go back after half an hour and it's the same page. There are no error messages.

It could be my FF, it's not being very co-operative in a lot of ways just now, but I thought I'd mention it just in case there's a problem you didn't know about. smile.gif