Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

I like the changes very much, it seemed a little silly that those 4 days eggs and hachlings with plenty of time were sitting in ER, I like the new names better. Actually that is my favorite hatchery so I might be biased wink.gif

I love the new arrangements, the new form is distinct and interesting! Do appreciate what you have done! biggrin.gif

first i and my kids love using this site, even my ten year old son can use the site easy.

that said, i noticed when he added his hatchies a few moments ago that his 5 3 days 18 hour hatchies where automatically added to the infrared section for one day and under.

edit: just looked again, and now they are where they should be.

Edited by engelina

Thanks for making this hatchery!

i like the way the er was tweaked

*agrees with sweep*

I love how this site isn't very glitchy. It also updates quite quickly ^^

Lately the site has not been letting me add my scroll. It says there are no hatchlings or eggs on my scroll for some reason, so I have to add them by code. It's tedious and I can't check to see if the eggs/hatchlings are still in the system. I have to constantly re add them by code. Is there something not working on the site?

Yeah if your scroll is hidden, adding eggs/hatchis via scrollname doesn't work because the API tells the site that it can't find the scroll. Adding entries via code is the only option then. Or unhidding the scroll.

If your scroll isn't hidden, I need your scrollname to take a look at what's wrong there but actually I didn't changed anything on the add functionality.

Yeah if your scroll is hidden, adding eggs/hatchis via scrollname doesn't work because the API tells the site that it can't find the scroll. Adding entries via code is the only option then. Or unhidding the scroll.

If your scroll isn't hidden, I need your scrollname to take a look at what's wrong there but actually I didn't changed anything on the add functionality.

My scroll isn't hidden, in fact I checked just to make sure.

Link to my scroll

hm... when I enter your scrollname it is working fine. I see eggs and hatchlings listed.

Could you please try again? Maybe it is working for you too now.

DC was a little laggy lately. Maybe you tried it when it was lagging and the site got no data back from the dc API and thought there would be no eggs/hatchlings on your scroll. That would be the only thing I could imagine that might have happened. Think I'll do some changes on my error handling there so that it gives a clearer feedback in that case.

Edited by Silverdrak

hm... when I enter your scrollname it is working fine. I see eggs and hatchlings listed.

Could you please try again? Maybe it is working for you too now.

DC was a little laggy lately. Maybe you tried it when it was lagging and the site got no data back from the dc API and thought there would be no eggs/hatchlings on your scroll. That would be the only thing I could imagine that might have happened. Think I'll do some changes on my error handling there so that it gives a clearer feedback in that case.

Problem solved xd.png

Due to my typing habits...

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Lol, was it a typo or something? Or just the lagginess?

blink.gif only one ER egg? *clicks*

Only if you use the refresher. *points to the "start refresher" link on the left side*

Though there is a tiny updater running in the background every now and then which updates a handful entries. It should help to keep the site clean.

Ah, I see that now. Very handy...but perhaps you could add a shorter amount of time? One minute is kinda too long when I have the habit of letting it run in the background for unique views.

I love this site - I often use it for ER's and for hatchie/eggs that just need a few more views/unique views to gender/hatch. It's very easy to use and I like the autorefresher. smile.gif

@Stunningfire

Will think about it, but actually I'm a bit worried that it could kill entries when the intervals are too short.

Okay. Just a suggestion ^^ The other intervals are good for clicks, though.

I really like Silvi's Lair, it's one of my favourite click sites. smile.gif

One minute is fine. There already seems to be a distinct downward trend in refresh times as it is; I see no need to drop it even farther -- least of all for non-ERs. The idea of a hatchery is to give views, not to view-bomb, so even the previous 5-15 minute refresh times of the old hatcheries seems logical to me. Especially when the views come from left-open background refreshing, where time isn't an issue. Having ERs refresh a bit faster makes sense enough, but even those don't generally need to go too fast, since many times it's the UVs that cause the hang-up, and for more UVs, you need more people, not more refreshing.

Just wanted to say that the Infrared Heat Lamp section seems to be glitching... since none of these dragons have less than a day left.

user posted image

Yes I know of that issue. I was just to lazy to fix it yet.

It happens when you enter ER-type entries. Its's becaues I'm not saving all infos of your entries from the start.

Usually the updater should care for them soon and move them to the right place.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Edited by Silverdrak