dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I have far too many dragons to notice quickly when something happens, but just he other day I saw this:

It's an adult, don't worry.

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Arisilde

My scroll name is Arisilde so I thought it very touching they went through the effort of making a description and getting it approved.

I know I have a few where I did the same for my eggs and some carried on for me, but I can't remember who they are right this second.

I also will do combined names if I can think of something cool using parent names, though ideas don't always come to me.

Examples;

Pink Elegance Mhuul x Yang high Energy Mhuul = Highly Pink

Minnie Dew x Vepex = Dewpex

Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang x The Left Hand of Darkness = Sweet Birds of Darkness

Aha! I've always been curious who managed to combine both rather long parent names :'P

The parents' names are novel titles, but the way you put them together is awesome <3

So I got this gold but never named it, had a gold egg and traded the gold egg. The person I traded it too named his/her egg with the same Alice in Wonderland / "of moon" theme, so I decided to name mine Alice of Moon. Hopefully it'll continue (*cough blackberry57 cough* =P)

Edited by thirdwheel

I do get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see someone has named an offspring after the parents.

I may have mentioned these before or not in an older thread. Some are either obscure or I am making links where there aren't any. laugh.gif

Ponderous x Love of Eleuthia --> Wisdom of Eleuthia

Menthylan x Ferocious Mama --> Ferocious Mentor

I M CTS x Ferocious Mama --> Ferocious Caitus

Evaryth bee Tamio x Veralidaine Ragnaroaksri --> Rispah Tamiosri

Dain Evarythri x Luminescent Beauty --> Beautiful Disdain

Tristan's Promise x Precious Sakura --> Wolf Of Precious Promises

Gloom and Doom x Euphonia and Kakaphonia --> Doomed with Euphoria, Gloomth and Melancholy, The Darkness Is Within

Terrigenous Wings x Midnight Wings --> Emerald Night Wing (and quite a few of this one's offspring carried 'Wing' into their names)

Dark Night Mage x The Science of Love --> Dark Night Love von Dingens

Crystalized Jet x The Science of Love --> Crystalized Science

Tanglehold x Menthylan Dreams (I released this one) --> Aedes of Dreams

Tanglehold x Sunset Knight --> Charred Sunlight, Dawning Realization

The Lost Spirit of Christmas x Lady Raven Kris'ana --> Lady Ebony K of Twilight (grandmother is Lady Kris of Twilight)

The Lost Spirit of Christmas x Iridescent Cerulean --> Lost star of christmas

Aurelian Phoenix x The Music of Dreams --> Lord Morpheus

The Raven Knight x Aurelian Radiance --> The Darkness Knight

Menthylan x Aeolian Tempest --> Aeothylan

Greystorm x Aeolian Tempest --> Aeolian Storm

Greystorm x Sweet Blush --> Grau Sturm

Malkierin Sentinel x The Heron Guardian --> Tai'shar Malkier (who hysterically has a daughter named The Dragon Reborn)

Silver Alchemist x Lady Winsoria Erisen --> Magic Silver

Agnius x Lady Winsoria Erisen --> Arienson

Incandescent Blaze x Pumpkin Love --> Fiery Felicity (a male)

Rong x Fires of Mars --> Mars Rong

Arctic Spray of Ice x Fires of Mars --> Firespark123

(skipping the seasonals)

I was ecstatic when someone chose to continue the Kes name -fuzzy feeling-

My CB silver girl (Karin Kes) is my precious dragon who I mate every week with a CB white boy (Orion Kes) in hopes for a silver. I kept their first kid for good luck too :P Today I noticed one of their children was called Arjun Kes. I was SO HAPPY.

Too bad they blocked their scroll name :( I LOVE YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE.

I was ecstatic when someone chose to continue the Kes name -fuzzy feeling-

My CB silver girl (Karin Kes) is my precious dragon who I mate every week with a CB white boy (Orion Kes) in hopes for a silver. I kept their first kid for good luck too tongue.gif Today I noticed one of their children was called Arjun Kes. I was SO HAPPY.

Too bad they blocked their scroll name sad.gif I LOVE YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE.

That would be me & you're welcome smile.gif

Currently locked so while twiddling my thumbs am trying to name more of my dragons tongue.gif

I don't have a set naming scheme and my poor dragons are usually named during fit of 'ispiration' some more daft than others but if I like the parents names or especially if they amuse me I try to name after them smile.gif

Edited by Lilali

I just saw that some of the players used my naming scheme for their dragons =) I think that is really cute =) Thank you for that smile.gif

I've named one of my frozen Frill hatchies Attila Pandragon, his father was called Adelio Pandragon.

I also have a vine named Hezarr Lin, his mother was Halende Lin and his father Hezarr Jasminoides Lars.

Thank you for helping me name them, the owners of their parents! =D

I love it when this happens. I use "Wolfen" at the end of almost all of my dragon's names, and I've seen a few others.

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Heir%20to%20Wolfen

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Lady%20Gozella%20Wolfen <And in this one, it continued down to that dragon's children <3

(Both are adults)

There are some others, but I have over 100 dragons on my scroll soooo...

Edited by RedWolfen

I use a sort of 'kennel name' (Kennel Name's Dragon Name), mostly to avoid the problem of already used names. I've seen one grandegg that kept the KN, and one that switched it around (to "of Kennel Name"). I was tickled. smile.gif

I usually name my dragons after their code, but sometimes I come up with a good combination of parents' names.

Here are mine:

Kaorin + Zorufu = Kalazor

Nouvaresk + Detonation = Norivan

Sky Song Kitten + Winter Wake Man = Halben Wintersky

No Stranger to Dawn + Brush of Dawn = Dawn-Greeter

Zalul + Ritzael = Rialu Spellweaver

Zequim Stargazer + Rialu Spellweaver = Zeralis Wordsmith

Song of Dark Magic + Song of Darkness = Darksong Thuwed

Carnelian Mistress + Beguiling Enchanter = Carnelian Enchanter

Dark Ink + Redsun Fire = Velsig Darkfire

Ricotta Baystorm + Molto Dark Baystorm = Lady Darkstorm

Stormy Monday + Tuesday Heartache = Wednesday Dreams

Bellowe + Illumine = Belumina (Bellumina was taken - by the owner of the parents)

Foobarsma of the Effulgent Swamp + Sochen of the Glittering Caves = Calsuray of the Crystal Caves

Edited: Forgot two

Seragio + Karajelen = Serjel

Kivi-Liisa + Sini-Seppo = Kilisi

Here are some people have made from mine:

Azuleth + Zarix Favonius = Azule Favonius

Lorfalian + Eini Rosequeen = Lorfalain Roseking

Naia Waverider + Evni Subsolanus = Naianid

Jalgafen + Velsig Darkfire = Piceous Darkfire

Argas Septentrio + Kilisi = Septentrio Machinarium

Trekan-Daro + Ralba-Liron = Trekan-Liron

Kiaga + Triunis = Kiara Jumpfin

Edited by Mathcat

I like doing that, IF the parents are named. If not I don't bother.

I haven't followed any eggs I have gave away yet. Maybe I should do that.

I'm just happy when people name their dragons that mine bred smile.gif

Out of 164 living, non-wild, gendered offspring that have been adopted by other people, only 98 have names - about a 60% naming rate, there.

(Don't ask me how much time I spend on this game... please...)

Oh! I did that with the first dragon I ever picked up *^^*

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Bgbs

I didn't know people liked it... In fact I was afraid that the parents' owner would be mad at me for stealing his/her naming scheme xd.png

I checked one dragon's lineage and her mother had a description so I named her for her mother's description!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/H1sj

I use lineages when I have trouble naming. I don't always use the parents' names but sometimes the great-great's...

I've done it, on rare occasions, and I've also had it done. My connections are usually not immediately apparent.

The ones I've named based on parent name(s):

The Never Fading Flower + Steel Dancer = Storm Aster (Aster being a type of flower.)

Night Green + Goldranger = Dublin Mudslide (Ireland's flag is Green, White, and Gold. Dublin is the capital.)

Dulce Mint + Elf Lemon = Candygram (Dulce can mean "candy" as well as "sweet", and Mint and Lemon are both common candy flavours.)

A Song of Snow + Unnamed = Tango Frostbite (surely I don't need to explain this.)

OMG Turkaless + Festi Boy = Party Hat (Festi is Esperanto for "to celebrate".)

Olimpias Thaala + Hielo Thaala = Nymphaea de Thaala (The most blatant homage I've ever done. She's a frozen waterwalker; Nymphaea is the genus name for waterlilies and similar.)

AmaZonian Pride + Of the tangling ivy vines = Mowgli Dorkface (Both of his parents' names made me think of jungles, so he's called after the boy from The Jungle Book - the father is the Dorkface.)

I recently started doing this. But I usually use real names instead of fictional names.

i never did this but i have a cb blck female named 'ceres' and acb black male named 'nero' and someone who got an egg from this two named the dragon 'Nero Celesta' i just love this! <3

I usually name my dragons after their code, but sometimes I come up with a good combination of parents' names.

Here are mine:

Bellowe + Illumine = Belumina (Bellumina was taken - by the owner of the parents)

Heh! Those two are my dragons there. I tend to name my hatchlings after their parents too. tongue.gif

I like it when people name their dragons after my own, though, but most of my CB dragons names don't lend well to mixing aaaand primarily because I don't use surnames.

But if I pick up an egg off of the AP, nowadays, I tend to name them after the parents, mostly if they have a surname. The first one I ever did that for, the owner of the parents contacted me (way back when the only way you could find the owner of dragons was if you put them on the DC fansite's tool) and was so happy that I did so.

Dragons of my own that I've named for others parents:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/53Ht -- one I mentioned above

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TkUS -- parents also mine

Dragons named for my own:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TLSI

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6vRp

http://dragcave.net/lineage/iC9v

http://dragcave.net/lineage/KTL0

Edited by ManiYani

laugh.gif I really like it when that happens and I sometimes do it, too.

Examples:

Indali

Neal's Skooter

Stop calling me

Kyvria

Silver Wrapper - named (of sorts) after its mother

Keryuviel

Pinkish Silvery Starchild

Argentum Portulaca

and I especially like these two:

Semiconductor

Dream Parfait

I also have a dragon named 'Materialist' whose parents, if I recall correctly, were called 'Optimist' and 'Pessimist' but have lost their names when they became wild Dragons. sad.gif

I love it when I see that one of my dragon's offspring has a bit of a parent's name in it. biggrin.gif (My Twinkie pygmys are very popular for this ... wink.gif )

i forgot i had another dragon named after its parents, one of my whites is called White moonriver.