dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

My first eggs were from the AP, and I had difficulty naming them until I took a look at their lineages. My two Horses were named more based on the kinds of dragons in their lineage (Nebulas & Silver Shimmers), but my White's name has a silly story behind it. Her parents' names scared me to death because at the time I didn't know Tinsel dragons existed, so I thought all the Tinsels were sick or "cursed" like Vampires somehow. When I found out that they were just another breed of dragon, I had a good laugh at myself and named my White accordingly. tongue.gif

Had this happen to two of my Valentine dragons this year. Even found one of the owners and am gonna breed them the perfect mate for one as a thank you!

What happend when you feed Devil's Food cake to an Albino dragon? http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZPQz9

What happens when you have a saintly Red Velvet dragon?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/i7GlZ (this is the one I'm trying to breed a mate for)

Edited by Vain.3805

Two cases with the same Lumina parent, one with someone literally naming after the parent, and another with someone actually getting the reference. tongue.gif

Two cases with the same Lumina parent, one with someone literally naming after the parent, and another with someone actually getting the reference. tongue.gif

That. Is. Beautiful wub.gif

I use a starsign surname system, so I often find people use my surnames as a first name or carry on the surname. Sometimes it's slightly annoying if they get the wrong clan, but it's the thought that counts <3

On another note, I think I once had a parent named after my offspring xd.png. I named the child after her dad, but her mother was unnamed. A little late, I checked back to find the mother had the same first name....needless to say I changed my baby's name pretty quickly smile.gif

I've actually named dragons after their parents many times now.

A thunder, a silver, a shimmer, a black, a dorsal, an ember, a red, a black tea, another black tea, a pink, another pink, a falconiform, a tri-horn wyvern, and a soulpeace.

I've also had a couple of dragons who other people named the children of after them:

The 3rd child of my shimmer, and the 1st child of my red.

Sorry for really long list of links! ^^;

This is so epic and awesome! wub.gif Thank you, unknown player! happy.gif

Haha, I wouldn't have thought that I'd find one of my dragons in here biggrin.gif Amnesia is probably my favorite game, so how could I not continue the theme?

I don't have a proper naming scheme, I mostly just try giving my dragons cheesy puns as names or at the very least names that include traits from their descriptions or the name of the dragons... Therefore it is always especially satisfying whenever someone keeps that up with their offspring picked up from the AP and some people manage to get even cheesier with their names. xd.png

Like this awesome Swallowtail.

Or these two Ochredrakes picked up by different people.

And whoever got this Gilded Bloodscale got what I was going for.

But this Hellfire has to be one of my favourites (yes, the grandparents are mine too). xd.png

This is the offspring of my two reds - I was SO HAPPY to see this, thanks Dryadia!

My bloodscales! Thanks Ruby Eyes

Someone caught my Elder Scroll named Vine - thanks Lupe!

You are amazing. You have great taste in games. I kind of love you.

And a shoutout to MageKessu for all the dragons you named after mine - I'm so happy someone loves the Morrowind reference xd.png

Edited by Starbit-Plushie